Cannabis Inspired Art

‘One Small Step’ acrylic paints, spray, and inks on Wooden board, aprox 10"x18"

18 Likes

17 Likes

I kept admiring a painting a friend had. Now I had never painted on canvas before. I’ve Always been creative, but never painted.
She said you can do it… for over a year. I was just hoping she would give it to me.(we’ve been friends for over 40 years) she told me to take a picture and look at it. Then watch a few videos on pallette knives, that’s how it’s done. That got me started… that was just a couple years ago…

4 Likes

You spelled “yeti” wrong.:wink::+1:

3 Likes

You mean skunk ape or woodbooger😉

2 Likes

Similar to me, my brother is an amazing artist, he was buying leather jackets from rhe thrift stores and re cutting and lining them, then would paint them and add studs and stuff and hire them out for Window displays and pop vids.

My wife wanted one but it would take him a couple of months to do one and he didn’t want to sell any. So he handed me some paint and brushes and said give it a go, if you get stuck I will give you some pointers.

3 Likes

Thats nice, what did you prep the wood with and how do you find the inks work over the acrylics.

2 Likes

Thank you! I started by spraying the entire background, the space type effect with Montana spray paints. So I suppose that’s the base I worked on with the acrylics.
The inks were basically used for outlining and detailing the astronaut and a few other minor details. Usually I would have used fine tipped posca pens, but I was just going with whatever I had to handled at the time.

4 Likes

I am a messy painter, I have used inks a couple of times in my airbrush but it stains your skin for weeks when you get it on your hands lol. Do you have any other work.

2 Likes

You say yeti, I say Bigfoot, yetifoot sounds good. :slightly_smiling_face:

@SonsOfAvery i love your art work, vibrant and dark like sweet and sour… perfectly balanced. Thank you for sharing with OG. One small step… excellent.

@Bobgrows the small of the back and the soft leaf fingers of goodness, my mind see’s this as two of my favorite things. :sunglasses: Thank you for sharing with OG.

@SkunkHunt101 :thinking: mountain cannabis grows from the hand of support…

@Shadey good to see you graphite guru.

11 Likes

Cool stuff. I forgot about this page.

2 Likes

Whaaaat, forgot this thread… is it because @Shadey isn’t posting more incredible paintings? No? Hmmmm maybe you forgot cause of… hemp? :sunglasses:

11 Likes

Is that the Macho man Randy Savage ?? With R2D2… @Heliosphear

6 Likes

Come on, you see it too don’t you?

Or is your drawing of Jeff Bridges??
the_dude_bathrobe_large.jpeg otherwise known as @FattyRoots

8 Likes

I can see it. It is supposed to be the dude, when I do a character story sketch I ask the person to tell me a story about themselves to guide the inspiration for a picture. @FattyRoots being the ultimate Star Wars fan with tattoos to prove it, he chose r2d2 and told the story and I loved the devotion to the unsung hero. The problem came about when I finished with the FR2OG2, it didn’t feel complete, so I decided to make the dude ObiRobeKanobee… together they represent a team, like the vision I had of the dude flying a x-wing with droid hanging on behind with a tow cable, space surfing. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Pretty cool guy :+1: I like it.

5 Likes

So funny. @FattyRoots you have been spotted. Lol

4 Likes

Some great work there man, I like the squatchy stuff. Great details on R2D2 and fattyroots lol nice job :+1:

4 Likes

No way Miss Elizabeth would put up with a bath robe bro, she’s got too much class for that.

She would never partake in coitus in that get up :joy:

3 Likes

Elizabeth lol that’s my daughter’s name

3 Likes