Cannabis microscopy

Now, what I do to impress her is call those images up on the tv screen. Imagine those images a couple feet tall heh heh. I got that shit all set up here now in the lab. The images can appear on the tv as well.

2 Likes

I went back and compared the outdoor to the other sample I got from wonder woman. This new sample from “the girl next door” looked less shit kicked than wonder woman’s. I guess then just being outdoor doesn’t make it look like it’s been trashed by vandals.

2 Likes

shiiiiit. I contaminated those two slides I had in the cupboard. I had to take them out, and when I put them down I put them face down on a dusty surface. ohhhh well! nothing lasts forever. I took some edf images of it, because I never had before. Enjoy the addition of random organics.

2 Likes

A couple more images of the contest winner…plus some dust! yum!

Just had to get a few more snaps before I flush these beasts. I can’t really say I saw any change on the hash smear over time. I’ll get a new smear but this one I will mount with a slip and plate. To avoid dust problems hah hah.

3 Likes

I see how to use the scale bar with EDF now. You have to tell it to make the bar while it’s in raw mode if you save it first, you are fucked, for whatever reason it never calculates what the magnification is ever again. I will try it with a tiff and see, perhaps the jpegs are lamed.

wow I suppose the secret is you have to do the scale bar asap under edf before saving. Then it saves the magnification in exif and can recall it. If you don’t do that, it will never work.

Hooray! I learnedededddeddddd! Now the scale bar works again.

4 Likes

isn’t the opening of a bud something to behold? Lookit the fuzz! nuts!

1 Like

Opening of the bud? Looks amazing as usual, but what exactly are we looking at here prof?

it’s where the pistil would come out, each bud is a pod with an opening at the top front.

1 Like

thats someting on my bucket list… did you get chantereles or other?

When you say bud, is that the same as a calyx? Nice work as always! :+1:

They were shitty lactarius mushroom infested with lobster mold. Usually bitter and nasty.

Yep it’s a bud calyx, it’s greek for “cup” or “goblet”

1 Like

Absolutely love this thread. I probably would not ever see this without you!! Thanks again!!

3 Likes

oh I’ve been working on a project for a bit now. I am attempting to join my ability to edit images with the ability to uhh generate them. Hopefully I can upload it without destroying the universe.

There it’s a Bud Poster! I’m so close to generating an image to print for the wall.

2 Likes

shit I heard james randi died! Now who is going to keep uri geller in check?!

ok here’s the dust particle I would call random organics. I never actually touch the bud, only the exacto blade ever does.

Also, now I have figured out what was going on with the measuring system, so it won’t be wrong again. Caught myself about to save the file without using the scale…sucker! That’s not how to do it!
The particle is 12 by 26 µm.

2 Likes

ok great! I found this sucker inside a piece of outdoor equipment. So I had to image it!

Looked like a bird nest, but I think it’s a spider nest.

3 Likes

Another quick photo!

I think it’s spiders that already hatched? Nobody’s home, anyways, just an exoskeleton.

7 Likes