Cannabis microscopy

did a quick trichome scan while I was sexing the plant. Looks good so far!! Female as well :wink:

5 Likes

This is the image of the sort of early triggered slurricane bud.
I still have the data from the dried bud I counted, so next stage is grow this and see how it compares to the dried bud from the store.

9 Likes

Man this topic is mind blowing… :boom::crazy_face:

2 Likes

Tagged for later reading…
Thanks!

1 Like

oh my!
153 caps, 71 large/82 small. As long as the small ones become large ones, which is what they do, I’m pretty sure. Then we’re in business! Can’t wait to test the yield.

one…two…three… hah hah it took a while and I probably missed a few.

8 Likes

Always a pleasure to look at your micro photography!

1 Like

Same plant, later date! 5 days later.

7 Likes

TK and PCK, you can see the PCK has taller trichomes in the same amount of time.
6 Likes

I love the pics, thanks for posting your hard work! :+1:

2 Likes

Hey hey! I got a photo of a trichome just starting to amber up. Noice!

13 Likes

OK so what we have here is a part of the revegged bud clone. What I was looking for, is continual trichome growth right? The question is… when bloom is triggered and trichomes start to get taller, if I reveg that, what happens to the trichomes? Well they don’t mature! They stop developing and the field is sparse, because only the ones that were already growing larger in bloom have got any size to 'em. You can see the immature trichomes that were busting out then stopped growing. So the bloom cycle triggers it and veg cycle ends it.

9 Likes

Asked and Answered! Well done @JoeCrowe! :clap: :clap: :clap:

You’re the Man. Where else can we look for answers like that?

3 Likes

Hey now we’re cooking! Color is coming up the stalk, and if you look at the buds they are kind of pink tinge. PCKxICC5, at day 54.

9 Likes

Always very cool and interesting pics.

3 Likes

I have seen this with purple…
Is this amber color coming up the stalk?
I assumed THC ect. was clear, turned milky, then amber when ripening.

Do you feel new chemicals come up into the head at different times for different reasons?

Thanks so much for sharing these pics, very awesome to see. :eyeglasses:

2 Likes

From my experience it’s water soluble colors Anthocyanins. Nothing that gets you high, but it makes a cool colored water when I’m making the hash.

3 Likes

Thank you for the quick response.
So would you say that, in your opinion, there is nothing special about an un-withered amber trichome head?

2 Likes

Usually when they start to turn amber, that’s a sign the bloom cycle is near the end. Other things happen as well, usually the stalk of the trichome curves down. Also most of the caps reach maximum size and the height of the trichomes are maxed out as well.

3 Likes

Thanks again!
Do you feel that color plays any part at all in the amount or the chemical state of THC in a trichome?

Just so you know, I am not a believer of trichome color determining my harvest times.

BTW
Is the color of the substance going up the trich stalk purple ect, not amber as it appears to be in the photo?

I did not mean to put you on the spot here, just wondering what your educated opinion is.
Not searching for right or wrong, just an opinion.

2 Likes

Yep the color is more purple than the reddish you see in the photo. I can adjust the colors to any hue, so it’s hard to get it exact like you see in real life. As for the color being some kind of change… well there has to be some kind of change, or else the color wouldn’t change. IT starts out clear, then goes white, and finally amber. When I make the hash, you can see the cup shaped cores of the trichome spill out of the caps.

You can see they are various shades of color.

3 Likes