Cannabis vs Covid-19 / Coronavirus šŸ§¬

I wonder what strain/cultivar they are using for this study?

4 Likes

Paint me just a tad skeptical.

Quotes from the article:
Kovalchuk, whose Pathway RX is owned partly by Olds-based licensed cannabis producer Sundial Growers and partnered with Alberta cannabis researcher Swysh.

The study under Health Canada licence using artificial human 3-D tissue models

But the absence of clinical trials remains a barrier, and funding from an increasingly cash-strapped cannabis industry isnā€™t there to fuel that, said Kovalchuk.

This ā€˜researcherā€™ owns a cannabis ā€œpharmacyā€, and his study is based on computer generated models of artificial ā€œhuman tissueā€.

So this is not even a sample size of ONE! LOL :slight_smile:

14 Likes

@anon32470837 that a degree of skepticism is warranted. On the flipside , in todayā€™s age most things start as a model. If that is successful due course should proceed. What I do think is that even if this is proven accurate big brother does not want you or I to treat, free of charge, a therapeutic product. I also wonder who may own the rights to these " dozen strains".

3 Likes

I have came to the same conclusion

3 Likes

I AM INVINCIBLE! I smoke enough of both to save the world, lung tar transplant anyone?

5 Likes

Here is the preprint, which is much more interesting than the news article, imo: https://www.preprints.org/manuscript/202004.0315/v1

It is a preprint, so take it with a grain of salt, but if it is 100% legit, I have doubts of the significance of the effect in vivo. It only as potential to moderately affect just one specific process in infection and disease (viral entry). But this is the first thing I have seen that suggests Cannabis could actually have some theoretical benefit for SARS-CoV-2, after hearing a handful of bullshit claims from CBD companies for weeks.

Regardless, Igor Kovalchuk (and probably family? 3 of the authors are Kovalchuks) sounds interesting.

5 Likes

Raw juicing of the leaves, almost magical how it helped this young lady,

Old vid I used to share.

3 Likes

Not peer reviewed, secret strains of their own company. I guess this mostly serves as promotion for the companies involved.

If they really got something it would be interesting to know the strains of course, maybe the growing community would have a better idea of what is going on. It is obvioulsy not CBD (alone) but some other part, cannabinoid or tepenes maybe.

But information this vague is not really helpful.

2 Likes

"Based on initial reports from China, and subsequent evidence that arterial hypertension may be associated with increased risk of mortality in hospitalized COVID-19-infected subjects, hypotheses have been put forward to suggest a potential adverse effects of ACE inhibitors or angiotensin receptor blockers,ā€ Giovanni de Simone, MD, FACC, FAHA, FESC, chair of the ESC Council on Hypertension and professor of medicine at Hypertension Research Center Federico II University Hospital, Naples, Italy, wrote on behalf of the ESC. ā€œIt has been suggested, especially on social media sites, that these commonly used drugs may increase both the risk of infection and the severity of SARS-CoV-2. The concern arises from the observation that, similar to the coronavirus causing SARS, the COVID-19 virus binds to a specific enzyme called ACE2 to infect cells, and ACE2 levels are increased following treatment with ACE inhibitors and angiotensin receptor blockers.ā€

Also consider:
Having seen how effective the substance was against bacteria in the lab, the researchers decided to test CBGā€™s ability to treat infections in animals. In a studythat has not yet been published, they found that CBG cured mice of MRSA infections as effectively as vancomycin, a drug widely considered to be the last line of defence against drug-resistant microbes. The study is under review at the ACS Infectious Diseases journal.

5 Likes

Are they juicing veg trim or flower trim or maybe both?

Cheers
G

3 Likes

The vids I remember(this particular one seems to be made after the young lady was treated) only showed leaves being juiced.
The lady director, Mary Jerkovich, says only leaves at about 10:20 in.

3 Likes

What she was diagnosed with was serious but all immune system related. Taking the vid at face value, what they are suggesting is a benefit to all.
I have one question in regards to the crystalline trichome stalks thatā€™s bugging me.

Cheers
G

3 Likes

I made the simple equation 20 years ago the more weed I smoke the less often Iā€™m sick may be bro science or maybe I just got a great immune system but Iā€™m sick maybe 1 day a year I also donā€™t take any pharmaceuticals not even Tylenol I use marijuana for all my ailments

3 Likes

Mj is the answer to all your ailments :wink:

2 Likes

Recently reading that smokers were the hardest hit group among the populace. Not sure how far back would have to quit to not be in the ā€˜smokersā€™ group.

Gleaned this am from the newsā€¦as of yet have not seen this in the major media

1 Like

Another miracle drug I see, i wish it was only that simpleā€¦The 10 second rule is still in effect for me. I smoke more then a pack a day. Ive avoided professional treatment for several blood infections during the on-going pandemic. Iam very hypoglycemic and i think I would know if I had been infected as C19 is supposed to hit the smokers and the diabetics the hardest along with the elderly.
But ive been healthy lately. The toothpaste I use is derived from cannabis seed oil, fluoride free and much healthier for my gums.
The soap I use is all natural derived from cannabis oil and I use Epson salt from Teals with cannabis seed oil for bath soaks too. The toothpaste is from Hello and I have tried charcoal toothpaste from them before and did not like it. But the cannabis toothpaste is probably the best find among the ones Iā€™ve listed. Im getting alot more sleep now not sure from what. Thanks for tagging me @herbie I hope it works that well for everyone. I worked in a place that tested drugs for the FDA. No one ever died from a study we conducted. We tested morphine blockers among other things. If shit didnt work then people would of ODā€™d. Which is why it took 7 years for it to get to human trials. Im no guinea pig. But I am blood borne pathogen certified to clean up any mess in my way.

1 Like

My wife is a nurse in a Covid ward in San Francisco ,their talking about giving the vaccine to cigarette smokers here now

When Covid was first happening here they were putting the homeless up in hotels in the city and giving them free drugs to make sure they stayed in their hotel room lol