Carpsy's Dear Diary

Dang, man time flashes by, I ordered from Sweet Seeds right after they opened up in Spain.
Mohan Ram, was one of them, and I can not remember the other strain, nor do I have any photos of that time frame.
That strain was very terpy, very tasty, lots of oils in them, on a smaller framed plant.
I gave a bunch of those cuttings away, as my wife, found it very calming for her.
Also for our friends that have a bit lower thresh hold to high THC cultivars, they went crazy for it.
A very blissful, cannabis experience.
We smoked a bit of Alpine 1.0 as I trimmed and sorted, yesterday, and it bitch slapped me hard like!
I felt like a baby bird with my head bobbling going on, could not stay on the computer, mind zooming about.
All packed away to cure, and I’ll open them in a month or 2, to sample them again…well I’ll try to anyway, LOL!
A horrible run on my part, seeded, tiny plants, but wow, I love getting my face slapped once in a while, by a strain.
I’ll be soaking the rest of those beans soon, ( the other half of the packet ) and do her/them proper.

1 Like

Mohan Ram sounds nice, just googled it, its one of Krishna’s incarnations or whatever, riding a blue horse and decorated with feathers lol.

Its the first time i bought commercial seeds and wanted Sensi Seeds at first cus thats the traditional gold standard in my head. But i also had fond memories of the spanish stuff around the time of their legalization and Sweet Seeds just had the better logo and strain names :smiley:
Who could resist a happy elephant?
So far i am very happy with them and still got a few of their autos on my wishlist now :stuck_out_tongue:
Diablo Rojo looks great for example.

2 Likes

If I remember correctly, MohanRam, was the handle of the breeder that made that strain, before they succumbed to their illness, RIP.

2 Likes

ahaa, i like it when things have a story to them.
do all the Sweet Seeds dudes have indian names? How come they chose Ganesh for the logo?
maybe ill find out someday.

====================================

Dear Diary.

Sweet Seeds Tropicanna Poison XL Auto is drying rather fast, went past the hay smell on day 4 of drying, turning into a mellow banana smell.

A mate gave me some of his for testing so i wouldnt smoke all of mine before its even dry hehe. Good buddy.

The testers i got were Watermelon Candy and Sunset Sherbet, both from “Zamnesia” (dutch white label), and they are pretty nice indeed.

Watermelon has very dense nugs, feels rather relaxed and hits instantly.

The Sunset Sherbet has fluffy nugs, and smells wonderfully intense, like citric fruits. It takes just a tiny moment before slapping You gently.

Both are pretty strong in effect and smooth in smoke.

But i had to try another tiny bottom nug off Tropi nevertheless.
And she just works differently.

Nuggets look shrivelled up, as if they might be fluffy, but they are dense and hard. It might have dried a bit too fast due to the weather.

I just used a tiny fraction of the tiny bud i had picked, yet i felt slightly overwhelmed. Like trying to ride a donkey and everything just happens in slow motion, underlined by a tune of yeeehoo yeeeehooo yeeeehoo screams.

Half the spliff i didnt feel anything, just a smooth smoke, but suddenly things begin to buzz, a bit of tinitus and tingling feeling, increased heartbeat, heightened senses. Could be used by tactical commando forces, to become incredibly accute, and also very stoned. Cause its followed by a deep chill and lazy eyes, a broad grin and incredible appetite. Which is then followed by regret that You actually made and ate all that puff pastry last night. After the chilli and the icecream, and gummibears. The gummibears… Shouldnt have touched those!
Its first joint like.

I probably have to say that as her daddy, but she produced good, strong ganja.

looking at those closeup shots it kinda makes sense…

And im willing to declare my full approval for her. carp fin up

5 Likes

Carp fin up, indeed!!
Great smoke report!!
That bud is stunning looking!!
I can mind smell her from the photo, so delicious looking!!

1 Like

thanks @webeblzr :slight_smile:
its my first harvested auto, and its much nicer than anticipated.

however, her yield was on the minimal side afterall. 25g/1oz total (roughly).
She had a 10l pot and 150W LEDs, so id have expected a bit more.

Not sure wether its simply a tiny plant, my soil was truly shite, or wether the lights might be too crappy. i might have overwatered her at some point, probably underfed her too, and likely harvested a tad too soon hehe…

but mmh.

if in doubt, ask

by

i guess shrug

Its in open glass jars with a hygrometer and a paper lid for now. im screwing the lid on from time to time to check wether RH stays steady just below 60.

2 Likes

Dear Diary,

Baby Fast Buds Gorilla Zkittlez is still alive and looking pretty healthy. It doesnt seem to mind the rocky landscape much. im pleased.
ed20240805_115929

Sweet Seeds Red Mimosa XL Auto is finally bulking up a bit, still tiny but also kinda nothing but bud with spiky leaves sticking out, even the calynxes are spiky and large. Smells amazingly like tropical fruits and spices.

i really need to find some way to turn this terribly annoying color correction off on my samsung. its not supposed to be yellow!

4 Likes

Dear Diary,

i took some up to date photos,

Red Mimosa is getting properly into gear, making pretty and wild buds, possibly showing some color, or wrong food, looks sexy, i like it.

Gorilla baby grows up so fast… already cut the bottom leaves, its not really growing upwards… just adding branches lol

closeup shots show some nasty amounts of micro fibers all over thou, probably much less than anticipated but still too many. i have to improve on that somehow, proper wipe next run or somin, even more vacuuming, nomore peeking into the tent, not wearing clothes while gardening and so on. really hate micro fibers. more than fungus gnats. much more.

4 Likes

Dear Diary,

Today i took Tropi #2’s seed breeding nugs out from drying and harvested those beans.

(Sweet Seeds Tropicanna Poison XL Auto Feminized (2024) #2 x Delicious Seeds Critical Neville Haze Auto Regular (2022/23) Male H#1) F1

sidenote: Sweet Seeds actually stamps their packs with a date… very useful

The weed was still a bit sticky but i got the seeds out easily, and am quite happy with the results.

They matured for about 4-5 weeks and most are well sized and shaped. Some are even nicely browned, but the brighter or even green ones should work too from experience.

I tossed the few, tiny, unshapely ones out for the birds to enjoy, wasnt much, like 5 or so, but some sparrow might enjoy that.

im very pleased how that worked out. There are just a few random seeds outside the intentionally pollinated buds, and those lowest of low, most tiny buds i chose, resulted in a decent yield to hopefully get somin cool out of it.

My workflow was kinda lazy but sometimes simple works i guess. shrug

Accidental pollination was always a risk, but wouldnt have been a severe problem, curiosity if i could be all zen and manage this low threat environment was probably the goal.

-Male was kept just outside the tent to grow by the window.
-Pollen was collected daily, with a folded piece up paper wrapped around the male, and some tapping and shaking.
-Golden boy dust was then applied with a smaller piece of folded paper by directly tapping it onto the intended buds.
-Between pollen collection and opening the tent i sprayed water around, on surfaces, and onto the male, and also washed my hands, forearms, face and hair etc.
-i also gave it a few minutes to let the air settle after opening windows or making a fuzz.
-i turned the ventilator off while pollinating, but let the exhaust run and turned venti back on right after the deed was done too. No waiting around much.
-waited 4 weeks + (if in doubt rather wait more)

Opinion:
do not use Qtips to transfer pollen
tried it for the first few buds but realized multiple problems:
-large amount of wasted pollen that just dissappears in them
-fibers on the buds that partially get spread in the grow room
-loss of possible smoke due to fiber contamination
-it felt as if less seeds were produced, possibly because only few stigmas catch all the pollen

2 Likes

Gorilla baby is going to start taking off here soon! Roots have hit the resovoir she’s ready to go.

1 Like

looks good…

…ja,schon immer

1 Like

Dear Diary,

The plain soaky pebble with fertilized water method in a reservoir style pot, also endearingly known as “hempy”, appears to have allowed the Gorilla Zkittlez newcomer to thrive indeed, just as it was predicted in the prophecies.
I already feel waivering, tempted to join the new faith. Yet rocks are so heavy and im still trying the new extra light organic soil. Maybe it is time to advance from the mud- to the stone age soon.

But for now im curious to see the yield in that tiny 1gal compared to the spacious 3gals with soil.
What kinda sized buckets do other people use? do you run 3gal hempies or just the smaller ones @methodanon? And whats your typical yield? Need to find somekinda measurement for success :stuck_out_tongue:

also, a comparision shot of reddish Mimo, to see some actual progress,

i like her bagypants by the ankles, flattop, lowrider style, optimized for gabba parties in rotterdam NL, challenging the allied wide front tactics after dday, and paying homage to wide putin gifs, she should be able to garner some love for her tik tok twerking in the ventilator wind with that bud.
daddie’s issues u might say, but dare you not to fullfill all my expectations, young plant you!

also, it reeks of coriander after cutting a few leaves… mmh… so intense… not sure i like it, but i just keep sniffing on my fingers anyway… does that make me a perv? :open_mouth:

@saxo

never had any SweetSeeds before tropi and mimo.
the other brands dont seem to have date of production stamps. My older Mephistos bags from Alchimia have serial numbers ending with 2022, but the brandnew Oreoz fresh from Meph dont have that either.
Since seeds,up to a year old appear to germinate in less than 24h in water, and older ones become progressively slower at it, it seems quite important to know that i think.

Ah whatever, as long as they are dutiful plants its fine :wink:

5 Likes

Looking good carp, love your style lol.

I run my hempies in 1 gallon buckets. Yield is strain and light dependent of course, but I’ve pulled 5.5+ a plant. I bet she outproduces your expectations!

1 Like

In a pot far away, in another time and space,
There stands a thundering dome, surrounded by scorching sands…
Will mad carpsie discover the treasure inside or get lost in the endless dunes that deny life even to fungus gnats?

Dear Diary,

Tropicanna Poison has nicely matured inside its glass jar. Sadly not much of it is left. Its aroma is not that exciting, pine resin gas with just a hint of banana. Its not bad thou and she makes up for it with ease.

The nuggets are beautiful, very defined smaller nugs that make up the larger ones,
long red hair all over, hiding the shiny crystal cave beneath, tight and dense, sticky and yummy, gently grabbing your attention, directing your focus on her and how she makes you feel while banging your senses passionately for quite a long time.

The Fast Buds Gorilla Zkittles is doing really well, nice medium green color, healthy strawberrry like leaves. I topped her at the 5th, the first node got removed earlier, maybe a bit late but so far it seems fine. i will have to bend those branches down eventually presume.

Sweet Seeds Red Mimosa finally decided to become Big Beautiful Weed, and i sure dont mind. She decided to wear red accents, dying some of her leaves and calynxes, probably preparing for some rave to seduce a potent male plant.

But i have to keep her desperate, it makes her more eager to produce trichs and hers are still very much clear and perky.

and woaahhh @methodanon
5.5oz of a 1gal :open_mouth: you massage your plants before bedtime and read them stories or somin?
impressive, yep. nodnod

4 Likes

Dear Diary,

I was unjust to Tropicanna Poison regarding her aroma, :police_car:

a few days had passed and i was going for the last, left over mainbud tip,
opened the jar and wowie! :cloud_with_lightning:

Its a 500ml jar with maybe 0,3g on a twig in in, but it smells like a Zkittles factory. Not a tiny bag of it, a proper line producing millions of it. Its very fruity, sweet, maturing fruit mix like. :banana: :strawberry: :mango: :cucumber:

It probably just needed to cure a bit longer to develope that.

Its still pine gas :christmas_tree: like when smoked, going towards banana :banana:, but banana is more pronounced now.

Want more! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Dear Diary,

Today i saw an old fanpic of my Fallout 3 greenhouse. Good times t’were. Scripted weed ftw.

Fast Bud’s Gorilla Zkittlez still doesnt show preflower, past day 30. So i guess she has 8 mainlines now O.o. Which might be a bit optimistic, but hey, as long as its green shrug.

To get back the mandatory 3 girls, i quickly raised a Mephisto Creme De La Chem, and she already flowers! boah! :racehorse:
Might have overdone the LST on her just a tiny bit… shes barely gets to the rim of the pot and i cant even check whats underneath… Shes just so bushy, and already had a few haircuts. mmmh.

Need to get her boyfriend out of the fridge soon. Both seem to flower insanely fast and their babies might be even faster… is that good? i dunno, but speed!!! \o/

Sweet Seeds Red Mimosa just doesnt want to stop, shes still adding everyday.
Those spiky calnyxes and leaves look so thick and proud, kinda like a proper flower blossom. :sunflower:

Im not sure if i might have overdone her nutes a bit in the end. She seemed to want more and more, but now it looks as if it might be a lock out if we check that yellowing/bleaching leave pattern. However im not fully sure on that, and it might be her natural aging before turning red. Or Maybe she really wants more nitrogen lol, like wtf plant… why didn’t she just grow more like 6 weeks ago?
if this goes on its gonna be one thick blob of bud. But ye, who really needs stems and all that fancy nonsense eh?

Im getting quite impatient now, we are at day 80 since making her seed wet. Tropi is gone. And im hungry! :plate_with_cutlery:
But even if she shows nicely swollen calynxes, she just adds more everyday still. The trichiomes might look somewhat milky now, but not all have grown to a decent size yet.

4 Likes

Dear Diary,

Sweet Seeds Red Mimosa’s leaves were turning quite pale, and i became impatient, and thus her fate was decided at day 85 of her long life. She got to meet her ancestors at the great ganja farm in heaven.

ed_ani_turntable_3c_DSC06225

i must have overfed her since she seemed so hungry, and then reached lockout levels which resulted in those nearly bleached leaves. It was also pretty hot lately which presumedly didnt help.

The bottom bits of those buds seem actually larvy.
I couldnt make out any aroma from the pre dry nug i tested.
She is by far not as frosty as Tropicanna Poison was, and doesnt slap you like it either.
Her effect seems mild and mellow, but soothing, yet also very lazifying.

I couldn’t be arsed to trim her, barely was able to get the LST wire out by shoving it through like an arrow stuck in your shoulder or somin, a harpoon if youre from Florida i guess. So i just clipped the tips of whatever leaf i found like a hairdresser.

She started out slow but eventually gained some mass afterall, and could probably have gone on for one or two more weeks with better gardening, and a gardener with less of a craving for her assets.

Gorilla Zkittlez is really enjoying the pebbles massaging her feet i believe. Shes growing so nicely and finally started flowering, much later than any other auto lately, but perfectly timed for my post 5th node topping.

Mephisto’s Creme De La Chem seems fine enough and her pom poms are growing steadily. Shes just a bit wild in the vegetative department and might need a bit more leaf trimming at some point.

I tried pollinating her with Neville Jr. golden dust from the fridge and it didnt all work as planned.
Upon opening the brief a small cloud emerged, with a “poof” sound imagined by me, that dusted her as indicated by browning pistils here and there. The upper left branch which i intentionally showered with it however didnt show much affection for Nevo’s love and had to get a second go.
I hope that pollen survives a bit longer than just a month in the fridge and will keep chucking it for now, and for science.

4 Likes

Looking great carp and congrats on the harvest! :fire:

1 Like

thanks method,

the hempy style pebble stuff totally “rocks” so far,
she drinks so much and seems to be my happiest plant. :slight_smile:
glad you encouraged me to give it a go :smiley:

that Mimosa harvest is more like a float-tank thou, sedating and lazy, like i want a massage and a cool smoothie, and just lay around, looking at clouds and trees, maybe some butts too. :palm_tree:

its a bit stronger than i anticipated, seems to have a high ceiling that i cant see yet hihi.
But im just testing fresh n wet atm so gotta see how it turns out after dry and possibly cure if it lasts that long lol.

2 Likes

Dear Diary,

I guess im weak, i have beans for the next two years by now… but…but… but… but… t’is Purple Haze!!!

Theyre all F1s crosses of the new take on purple haze by Mephisto, Pigletta’s Purple Haze, which isnt really purple haze, but a haze that is purple made auto, as i understand it. So… whatever, prolly dope either way. And possibly harmonious as a cross with my Neville Haze pollen too.

TeSquealer is a Sour Orange Diesel mix thing and was the additional F1 freebie,

Amethyst appearantly contains the mythical Vermont Strawberry Fields strain.
Might have to grow it with strawberry buddy plants to get that flavour lol.

Midnight Purple Express crosses around Overgrow’s legendary GhostOG.

Thought another Wedding Cake type would be boring as the normal freebie, but then realized its a Gorilla Glue#4 cross and rejoiced in happiness. i like monkeys.

cant decide which to germ next anymore thou -.-
they all sound pretty sexy to me.

2 Likes