Chat room (let's chat!) 💬 (Part 2)

Wow, it’s an attractive moth with deadly larva. Thanks for that photo. Does the moth also do damage or just the larva? I’m assuming the bt spray takes care of the larva but I imagine you have to continually spray to maintain control like I do with my cabbage moths in my vegetable garden. So that brings me to the question, can you smoke bt? I’ve been told you can’t smoke spinosad, isn’t bt similar to the spinosad?

Hold on let me sit on my davenport and log into Quantum Computing Services real quick and pull up Backrub. I’ll put on my Tokyo Tsushin Kogyo headphones so I can hear better to learn more about Taylor Ham!

I think I have the answer Alex! That would be a sofa, AOL, Google, and Sony! What are the original names that no one ever uses because they would be wrong now, regardless of the fact that at one time that was the name!

Alex Trebek (from the grave) - Correct! We also would have accepted “What would be a super pretentious way to refer to every day items that are clearly named differently”!

Taylor Ham hasn’t been the name since 1906. This isn’t a case where it changed in your lifetime :laughing: You’re literally arguing that something that has been called one thing by the company and functionally literate adults for half a century before you were even born is named something else. If it changed when you were in your 20s I get it. Do you still call the south the Confederacy too? :rofl:

You mean like the company and world did when they changed the name to Pork Roll? I do like it more well done though.

I don’t think the adults do much damage, but I’m not sure. They don’t have a proboscis, they have kind of a split mouth, but they might still drink nectar (or they might just reproduce and die without eating). The cry proteins produced by bacillus thuringensis are what make bt work, and they’re safe to eat, they do allow Bt to be applied to tobacco and there are Bt tobacco varieties but I’m not sure how widely they’re grown. If you’re squeamish about it you can stop application later in the flowering cycle

Well Mao is pregnant. Anyone want some kittens :neutral_face:

1 Like

Yeah you gonna mail them? :laughing:

1 Like

I’m probably just gonna take them to the local shelter once she’s had and weened them. They’re a no kill shelter so they’ll be fine.

1 Like

Ollies on sale. With remote control. 28$.

4 Likes

I thought it was a pretty good deal It will be a nice ceiling fan For the top of the tent. Window unit for a 150$

Being safe to eat and being safe to smoke are, I guess, two different things. The fact that the tobacco industry has gotten the approval of the government doesn’t make me feel any better. The chemical Arsenal that the US government allows is constantly being changed. I’ve had many conversations with folks at Cornell University who say that concern over these things is overblown and exaggerated. I’ve been told that Glyphosate (Round Up) is totally safe, you could almost drink it. I was also told that neonicotinoid insecticides were the best, least problematic pesticides we’ve ever had. I remember many Cornell folks making fun of the organic community. This was all 20 years ago and I know that attitude has no doubt changed. Everyone knows our pollinators are declining and many point to systemic neonics like imidacloprid as at least partly responsible. I guess my point is if I shouldn’t smoke spinosad, I probably won’t want to smoke bt either. I don’t expect the cannabis industry has the same influence as the tobacco industry. But- I don’t have bud worms so I can’t judge anyone for trying to save their crop. I can’t imagine the contaminates I’ve smoked and eaten in my over 50 years of cannabis use. Some of those kilos from Mexico and Columbia were awful moldy. And were they using the DDT that the chemical companies probably sold them after it was banned in the US. And Richard Nixon’s paraquat spraying of Mexican weed…
In my vegetable garden, most of the beds have row covers. I guess I’ll have to think about potential insect pests and diseases that could be moving north, as the climate here gets wetter and warmer over time.

1 Like

My Mephisto order just arrived…

Yay, new freebies!

(This order, freebies were 3 Bears OG x Mango Smile!)

8 Likes

As far as I know, even the spinosad ban is speculative and due to a lack of evidence more than evidence of harms. I will say that to my knowledge, Bt applied to the surface of the plant won’t be absorbed into tissue, which is the proposed concern in spinosad application. It’s also not very stable in sunlight, it should be completely degraded within a few days, and even less stable exposed to heat. Not to mention that if you’re smoking cannabis, you should probably be more concerned with the known cancer risk of combustion products than the assumed risk of a low-concentration protein. It’s water soluble, so if you’re still concerned about it, rinse it off.

1 Like

Or don’t use it! No pest pressure, no need to apply a pesticide! I don’t particularly care either way about organic farming and the organic approved pesticides employed in it, suit your style.

I’m heading out to the lake. The big cats are hitting hard and the boat hasn’t been skipping the waves often enough to suit me.
Wish me luck and I’ll catch y’all tomorrow.
:wink:

6 Likes

lol just as long as no hooks are involved in ‘catching us tomorrow’… :rofl: :+1:

3 Likes

Clearly you don’t get north much. Ask for a Pork Roll and Cheese up here. Just ask. They’ll laugh and send you packing south…

Blackened has blackened seasoning. Mmmm Mmmmm YUMMY!

Oh then blackened could be good.

That’s like laughing at someone because they can read. It hurts my head to think of it happening, let alone it being a point of pride to be illiterate :laughing: Look at Mr Fancy Learnin’ over here yall!

Hey you’re good with electronics stuff right? When you come down here maybe you could inform some of my electronic purchases at Sound of Music? Some people would call them Best Buy because that’s what’s on the sign and it’s what they’re called now (and for a long time) but we laugh those people away!

2 Likes

Shits and giggles asked a friend who has restaurant and Taylor is a choice of ham. They don’t have pork roll… But - You search on sysco site - Pork Roll and bam - Taylor Ham

51DUXvKya1L

This is the box. I don’t know how to provide more evidence than the box the company uses, the Taylor company who invented the stuff.

Now if you’ll excuse me I have to go to Funcoland for some video games…

1 Like

I know, I’m middle of the road, a chef and someone who thought of it always as Taylor Ham, But I’m from New Paltz NY

2 Likes

LOL, this is all good to me. I try to avoid any meat that has the words loaf or roll in them.

5 Likes