Chat room (let's chat!) 💬 (Part 3)

The Honorable Star Baron, Lord of light and Intergalactic gentleman of leisure at your service.

5 Likes

Haha yeah naming a star was in A Walk To Remember, and was the extravagant romantic gesture in the early 00s for teenagers for a while!

2 Likes

I need to watch more movies. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen less than 20 movies all the way through.

1 Like

I keep screwing up replies when I post from my phone.

I’ve watched far too many movies, and still never managed to become someone who gets film, or can use critical thinking to pick things apart.

Movies are sick though, highly recommend.

3 Likes

@parttime I spent my late teens with a bunch of posturing insufferable 20 somethings film students. Everything they watched, and there was always something on, was some horrible piece of “classic American existentialism.” They single handedly ruined movies for me for a while.

4 Likes

Oh I was friends with musicians in the local music scene, so I don’t really listen to much music since my early 20s. I tend to like podcasts or audiobooks instead haha

4 Likes

Did we just become best friends brought together through the power of those that ruin the arts?

3 Likes

I think you did lol

3 Likes

Haha YUP! Could be. Though it’s kind of cool, it makes me appreciate it more when I actually feel like listening to music. It’s kind of nice to end up so grumpy that you have to go out and find your own interests, independent from a long term friend group haha. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

It’s surprisingly quiet in here for a Saturday night, sometimes you just have to chat in the chat thread

Welp. I’m gonna leave y’all to it. I have to go yell at doctors tomorrow morning for cranking grandma’s marinol through the roof and over all elder neglect.

2 Likes

It happens every now and then lol. It’s the time when us slow typers might happen on to something lol

1 Like

Damnit I’m so torn here :thinking: On one hand I clearly said it was you with the bouncy castle behind Walmart which invalidates this, but on the other hand the victim count and slide into a basement window are inspired and I can’t help but appreciate them :rofl:

3 Likes

I look after a non-for-profit in filmmaking… lets just say that after 16 years I will call you out on your experimental process being a lazy goof-off and not the well thought out construction of diametrically opposed while still being exetentiayly relevant to the variants of society that you SAY your media represents.

This is a handy one to know during Artist Q&A’s… because if they know they know and you know they know that there’s nothing they can do about it. :rofl:

6 Likes

Thank you, ill be using this one :rofl:

1 Like

What happened to this poor word?!

5 Likes

Artist: “Where you signing bullshit at me during the Q&A?!”

Me: “What?.” (staring blankly).

They flush red EVERY TIME. But the layer of the joke for me is that they acknowledged it in the first place :rofl:

EVERYONE NEEDS TO LEARN in order to do something REALLY WELL… just know your fucking place and say it as it is and not some contrived bullshit… that’s what the art film was for!!!

5 Likes

On another note, my brother stopped by yesterday and asked for something to start since he’s almost ready to chop his current grow. I gave him some of his seeds we split the cost of.

should be interesting, ill try to get some pics and watch how they progress. He just puts them in the soil and go, nothing special just fox farm ocean forest and some perlite.

7 Likes

You want Art Film?
Check out Lars Von Trier.
The House That Jack Built
antiChrist

I watched the House That Jack Built and I must say, beautifully filmed. But the content? Gawdam!
This is right up @Slick1 's alley. So is AntiChrist.

3 Likes

Let’s just say I’m done, no more fart film for me.
Lars can go fuck himself after his Dogma 95 bullshit. Dogville is great though.

I’m in Toronto, so there’s TOO MUCH of this at times spanning back to the 70’s. It’s “holliwood north” so “names” show up and I tend to tease the ones I know that are local to keep it “real”. As an example the last time Atom Egoyan came in I punked him politely about taking so long to visit? Bruce McDonald is wayyyyyyyyy too casual to even be fazed by a poke so it’s just business with him; but he’s art and industry which are usually the ones I really get along with.

1 Like