Chat room (let's chat!) šŸ’¬ (Part 3)

But see? The film you refer to did exactly what the director intended. It created a response or emotion that you would not get by watching, say, Gone With the Wind.
Von Trier films create such a divide. At the film festivals, probly half the people get up and leave. The other half are treated to something they have never seen before. (and maybe donā€™t want to see, but thatā€™s art.)

Antichrist was unreal, made my wife walk out. Lol

3 Likes

Pretty hard to takeā€¦ My wife did not like it either. Specially when the woman manipulated herself.
I find that with von Trier films, he takes you to the edge of the cliff, so you can see over it, then he says fuck it, and kicks you over the cliff.
Not for everyone, thatā€™s for sure.

4 Likes

So hereā€™s a question for yā€™all;

Whatā€™s a wildly popular movie that everyone has seen that you havenā€™t?

Iā€™ll tell you the winner to this question from some one I asked this question to a couple of months ago.

Or maybe one of you will be the new winner :trophy:

1 Like

Havenā€™t seen Avatar. Iā€™m sure there are hundreds more movies that I havenā€™t seen or heard about, but I for certain know I have not seen Avatar.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s a good one. Thatā€™s blockbuster status. Ive never seen full metal jacket.

1 Like

I still havenā€™t seen:

Dune ~ The latest version

Spider man ~ The latest one!
(The 3rd instalment in the series)

4 Likes

Oooh good one! I canā€™t say I appreciate that movie as much as some, but I have seen Full Metal Jacket.

Inception was another big film I havenā€™t seen. All the reviews seemed so snooty.

1 Like

Thatā€™s another good one. I havenā€™t seen inception either.

@KanehB you still have time to go check those ones out. Tell me something ridiculous like you have never seen Mary Poppins! Lol

1 Like

Believe it or not, Iā€™ve never seen Half Baked

3 Likes

hard question really. Dune? No interest reallyā€¦ Donā€™t keep up with whats in the movies till the Drive In is open, then I only care whats playing there :smiley:

Havent been in a movie theatre since, oh, Avatar maybe?

2 Likes

giphy

3 Likes

Haha yeah I figured itā€™d be wild and worth mentioning around these parts.

1 Like

Hand over the weed, bowl and associated items until you see Half Baked, Dazed and Confused, and every Cheech n Chong flick.

The penalties for not seeing classic stoner flicks are harsh. You could be enjoying all those flicks with a nice buzz, but nope. Someoneā€™s gotta make ya watch em :wink: :rofl:

5 Likes

ā€¦ and donā€™t forget the Funyuns!

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen the others, but for some reason just never ended up seeing that one the whole way through! Been meaning to take the time and watch it for years.

2 Likes

Anybody ever press trim for rosin? I have some white widow / cherry brandy trim from a bowl trimmer that Iā€™m pressing, and honestly loving the output. I know the bowl trimmer beats the shit outta the nugs, but these were tired plants and I wanted to get them done and out of the way, saved the main colas to hand trim, bowl trimmed the rest.

That trim includes lots of bud bitsā€¦

Just made myself 10 nice little 2"x4" bricks at 16g ea to pressā€¦ This oughta be fun!!

3 Likes

Well chop chop bro lol.

A fun little piece of Indicana Jones movie history.

When I was 4 or 5 my dad sat me down to watch the first Terminator movie. That part where his eye gets damaged and he digs it out into the sink legit almost made me faint. Haha. Thanks dad.

4 Likes

Smoke break. Gloves are off for a few :smiley: That shit gets stickyā€¦ And I need to be able to use a lighter LOL

3 Likes

Iā€™ve never pressed anything before or even looked into it. Do you put the bud through the same dry and cure process or do you just heat squarsh it wet?

1 Like