Chat room (let's chat!) šŸ’¬ (Part 4)

Your wife brought this up with me last week! :rofl:
She mentioned that you have never been to a show together and I was all like:

:open_mouth:

2 Likes

Anywhere you find people who are marginalized, politically unrepresented, hounded, screwed with, harrased by police & threatened with imprisonment youā€™ll find the counter culture. It never dies, it just shifts. Each group holds the flame until they are accepted or destroyed :+1:

The monetization of everything is sickening, I agree. I feel like counter culture is quickly evaporating from music & cannabis. A real shame.

6 Likes

Yeah itā€™s a bit weird I guess. There have been opportunities but there was always a friend excited to absorb the ticket so I was never really made to go.

Most of the people Iā€™d be interested in seeing are dead. But Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll enjoy the show even if itā€™s just as a novelty.

1 Like

I was just lamenting the fact that I think MAGA is a counter culture. Are humans done evolving?

Mind if I ask why, how, and when you broke up with alcohol?

2 Likes

I guess youā€™re right :astonished:
I donā€™t think weā€™re done evolving. AI will force more evolution, even if itā€™s ā€œsynthetic evolutionā€.

Not a problem. I myself never really had much of a relationship with alcohol. I was seriously drunk only once, when I was 16. I was already getting high and decided that getting drunk was for the birds. I didnā€™t remember much of anything about the night before, my head hurt like a motherfucker, and I was curled up around the base of a toilet when I woke up. Fuck that. Once was plenty.

Then, when I was married to my last wife, she introduced me to good to exceptional quality red wines. I liked them, but never enough to get seriously fucked up on them. That was for about 9 years. The upshot for me was it was easy to end that relationship when it happened years later.

My motivation all those years later, as the non-addicted party, was Mrs. mota. She had a serious, long term alcohol addiction. She did other drugs too, but alcohol was her main high. She had been unhappy about this need for years, and she knew I wasnā€™t thrilled about it either, but as a former drug addict myself, I knew she would have to get control of herself by herself with me in a support role.

One night about 6 years ago she hit a parked car while pulling out of our driveway. She says she simply didnā€™t see it, and it freaked her out. Seriously freaked her out. She stopped drinking then and there.

Itā€™s how, separately, we both quit smoking tobacco and how I stopped shooting speed. No excuses, stop using, just donā€™t do it. I stopped what little drinking I did to support her. I also stopped smoking weed for a couple of years. We talked about it and she said yeah, it would make it easier if I wasnā€™t using any drugs. Mrs. mota is the single most important thing in my life. Anything for her. Anything.

15 Likes

The article contains one more spectacular photograph and a short narrative about the phenomenon.

5 Likes

Pridecipitation

7 Likes

Bahahahahahaha! Lmmfao

4 Likes

This article includes a nice graphic of, well, asteroids that ā€œmenaceā€ Earth and many that donā€™t.

3 Likes

dam i hate when something advertised isnt actually part of the deal and i have to go get what i need ggggrrrrrrr

2 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing this @mota.

1 Like

Meet Stuart Grant, 90 year old retired joiner and carpenter. He bought this place in 1984. He lives without a cell phone or the internet.

ā€œI havenā€™t watched Lord of the Rings,ā€ said Grant. ā€œItā€™s just a coincidence that my front door is almost the same shape and same kind of wood.ā€

ā€œIt was a shoemakersā€™ cottage and a croft. There was no roof, just four walls which are 200 years old. It is not a fancy house, it is made from other peopleā€™s leftovers.ā€

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/90-year-old-woodcutter-built-his-own-hobbit-house-where-he-lives-off-grid-in-charming-comfort-look/?utm_placement=newsletter

11 Likes

Thanks for that personal response my friend.
I used to do a lot of drugs when I was younger. Everything that I could get my hands on and in me without the use of a needle, lol. Even did a good nine month stint in a wilderness rehabilitation program at sixteen. Used some more, but not crazy-like about a year after I got out, and then on and on for several years. Alcohol was always in the background, but used frequently when combined with other drugs or social situations. Mary Jane has always been the one true love.
In my older years, hard drugs are a thing of the past. I only indulged in cannabis and alcohol. Never really seen it as a problem(spoken like a true addict, I know). But I like weed and I like beer. Thereā€™s no problem with that, right?
The past decade has been about the same. I would only have a couple beers after work daily, and maybe enjoy a glass of wine, Crown, or craft beer on the weekends. I blazed very little after work at home, like a couple puffs. Then maybe a couple more later in the evening. Iā€™ve taken many breaks from the consumption of cannabis since I started my love affair with her when I was fourteen. Sometimes weeks, and sometimes months.
Most recently I have quit using both cannabis and alcohol for almost a year now. I always said that it was really just to know I can stop drinking when ever I want. But that is just another excuse that I make for myself. I have a problem. Though Iā€™m changing for the better. My whole outlook on life has changed. I hate to admit it, but I was an addict. Which means that I am an addict. Always will be. Even though I donā€™t think I have a problem(see there it is again, spoken like a true addict), I donā€™t want myself to use alcohol as a crutch or way to escape. I want to be present for my children. I want to be a good, father, husband, employee, an overall person. And I think I am.
Sitting on the couch with a couple beers after work didnā€™t really help me do these things. It basically does the opposite of cannabis does. But itā€™s that feeling. Iā€™m sure you know it. Crack that can, getting your first drink, and then that ahhhhhh feeling. It will be missed.
But I digressā€¦
Alcohol is always on the back of my mind, and I think it always will be. Iā€™m prepared to never drink again. Though I do plan to consume cannabis in the future, I currently can not due to certain stupid federal laws. As for the alcohol, itā€™s hard to tell myself that I have a problem. Itā€™s actually sad. I donā€™t want a substance having control over me.
This is something that I read every day:

7 Likes

6 Likes

Are you happy? Keep doing what youā€™re doing. Are you miserable? Try something new.

If it makes you happy, do it & enjoy :+1:
Lifeā€™s too short.

4 Likes

Iā€™m happy. I have a great life.
Though currently Iā€™m anxious and somewhat depressed. I suffered a back injury right after Christmas and have been back and forth to doctors. Basically at their mercy with little results this far. On top of playing the insurance game and bills starting to roll in. Plus, I havenā€™t worked at all this year. Tbh, Iā€™ve thought about beer alot. This situation is obviously a trigger for me. On the plus side, if Iā€™m out of work for a while, I will be using a little of my own home grown meds for small while.

4 Likes

Oziaoriginals.com get yourself a case of kava-kava extract candy grown in Hawaii, next time you feel like a drink, or super stressed pop one of those candies instead. I suggest the ginger-mint flavor.

Lot of people quit alcohol with it, ive seen hundreds of testimonials. Gives you a nice clean chill/relax feeling by up-regulating GABA. Iā€™m a entheogen fan & supporter of harm reduction, so I keep a handy list of ā€œsubstitutesā€ :+1: