Chat room (let's chat!) šŸ’¬ (Part 1)

Where oh where is @LemonadeJoe to fix things?

Over the course of the 125 days since I joined I have watched this place go from being an awesome community of people helping and sharing with each other, to a place full of angry, edgy people.

To be honest, it makes me much less inclined to want to spend the time writing updates for my grow-log and suchā€¦

I have not failed to visit even a single day since I created my account here, but I may take a few days off hereā€¦

9 Likes

I may be forced to if I keep this upā€¦lol

7 Likes

Happy Birthday?

2 Likes

Was back in Juneā€¦lol

Shows how often I get my silly rocket sled outā€¦

2 Likes

@LemonadeJoe

10 Likes

Close but no cigar :wink:

1 Like

I dunno whatā€™s going on with Joe

All I know is I lined up a paying sponsor who messaged him multiple times over the last month and to my knowledge hasnā€™t received any response.

I hope heā€™s okay.

Joe I mean, I know the guy thinking of sponsoring this place is having second thoughts.

5 Likes

I did patreon and pmed him as requested to let him know and get supporter tag but was no response as of yet. Not why i did it, so no biggie, but worrying given other context

1 Like

He did get a response apparentlyā€¦

From CeeLo Green and Silent Child.

Or at least thatā€™s how I would take itā€¦

no wonder Doug isnā€™t giving away seeds now, YOU TOOK SANTAS SLEIGH!

Having been on both sides of these kinds of fencesā€¦ Its not easy. I woulda done things a bit different, but I have no clue whats discussed behind the scenes. For all I know, they are worried how it looks when the Free Seeds and Clones thread is 5k posts to an outsider. Is it 5k posts of banter, or 5k posts of seeds and clones being spread around. Minimize potential legal hassles possiblyā€¦ Plus, honestly, many of us are on here and we love our little green plants for a variety of issues. Some treat add / adhd, ptsd, depression, anxietyā€¦ Sometimes ya never know what the person on the other end is going thru (and that goes both ways, mod> users, and users > modsā€¦). Respect is definitely a two way streetā€¦ But I donā€™t come here to get riled up and argue, I wanna learn new techniques, see others successes and enjoy time with like minded peopleā€¦

Well, its been more of a roller coaster imhoā€¦ up and down, and I joined in June. I find lots of chill people, just situations get dramaticā€¦ and overblownā€¦ But in the end, Iā€™m still finding growing friends and learning things, and possibly teaching a little as well.

I agree, the drama did make me less inclined to update my journal last night. I had a draft open all day, and would work a little at a time, but I wasnā€™t as inspired to get it done. In the end, I am doing the journal for myself, to keep track of dates, etc, and to help others / give others ideas. And I realize most of those ā€œothersā€ are newbs who donā€™t have a hand in the moderation, and if I didnā€™t update because I didnā€™t agree with how a moderator did things, then Iā€™m screwing the people I wanna help, and not affecting the reason I am feeling uninspired.

Iā€™d love to see more respect for each otherā€¦ In the end, we are all on this site for two reasonsā€¦ Growing plants, and because its supposed to be more friendly than many other forumsā€¦ Lets not forget that and lets get back to having funā€¦ :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hey all, just got a message from Inkbird asking if I wanted to test this item. Anyone used it before.
Inkbird IPT-2CH wifi thermostat

5 Likes

You and your freaking pips! :wink:

That would be a nice addition if it does what I think it doesā€¦

2 Likes

I look forward to the day that my posts might actually help people

2 Likes

My journal doesnā€™t get the attention yet, thereā€™s way better journals for sureā€¦ But I like to think that others are like me, they read whether its a 1000 post journal, or one with 45ā€¦ I just wanna absorb ALL the info, and someone with a 5 post journal can give me an awesome idea just as easily as a 1000 post journalā€¦ I gotta think my journal helps one or two along the wayā€¦ And it helps me too! lol

2 Likes

Its kind of like a reverse Thermos- it helps keep hot things cold and cold things hot.

fsfc thread closed?again? been working a lot not much time to lurk where is the drama coming from?and why not to bring up any negativity but whatā€™s going on lately very confusing

1 Like

You sure? I thought it was the next big miracle gadget, the one that waters, feeds, trims and trains your plant, so you can just roll a phatty and enjoy and not have to do all that workā€¦

wait, thats meā€¦ Nope, Iā€™m not for sale guysā€¦

1 Like

What do you need fixed?

Guess what, it wasnā€™t this way a year and a half ago.

If itā€™s going downhill then maybe itā€™s from new users abusing the site and not respecting the Team OG for trying to keep this place inviting for EVEYONE, not certain groups. Just a thought. You can do your own private survey of older members if you donā€™t believe me.

Iā€™m not a mod, but a team leader which is more like an ambassador, to try and help people and reflect the general face of the OG spirit to others.

Iā€™m really bummed at all of the people now who disregard OG rules, openly mock the moderators, and think theyā€™re going to run this place like they want to.

Youā€™re right, things are going downhill, but you have to ask yourself why that is. Just like you, everybody that has come though here have commented at how friendly and accommodating we are. But, nobody is saying that much anymore.

The forum is a reflection of the members. Plain and simple. peace

5 Likes

I dunno blissā€¦

I think weā€™re all confusedā€¦

Some of us were lost when threads were closed, no explanation, no redirection to appropriate threads. Took me a bit to find everybody and round up the wagonsā€¦

Hopefully its passed, and we can get back to growing, laughing and sharingā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve been here for a few years never experienced any negativity anywhere from anyone really donā€™t understand what has changed and why or how but I would hate to think this place I love so much is being hijacked for whatever reason

3 Likes