Cheap LED Strips : A Viable Alternative

Any unfinished wood, regardless of specie, will warp if exposed to a humid environment. Whatever wood is used, it should be sealed to prevent warping or twisting and then finding your lights laying in your plants! :pleading_face::weary:

3 Likes

I am going to externally mount the driver. I’ll throw a couple coats of varnish on it.

3 Likes

Like to see that when you get it done!!

Anyone tried PVC board? Very easy to cut, better weather resistance than wood.

4 Likes

I’ll post up here as much as I can about the build. That’s part of the fun :slight_smile:

Chronickyle

2 Likes

I ended up using foam board. No troubles after 1 run.

2 Likes

Cool, good use of building materials, man I like that, I have a dozen or so sheets of foam board and some PVC!! Looks like I got a new tent in the garage I didn’t even know was there!!!

3 Likes

Why do you want to varnish the driver?

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Varnish the wood frame.

4 Likes

Haha I just reread it and it certainly does imply I’m going to coat the driver. I was actually referring to the wood. Should have made that more clear my apologies.

6 Likes

Yeah, I should have figured it out LOL :laughing:
…and I wasn’t even high…

Varnish makes perfect sense for the wood frame…

Cheers
G

7 Likes

I thought you were just making a joke lol

2 Likes

Being meaning to start up a side thread to not congests this one.

Why we should be running Higher Temps for LED lights

So if you have made the switch or are thinking about it consider your gonna probably have to run higger temps than what you have been or may be recommend with past grow knowledge.

6 Likes

All the more reason to seal your room and run CO2!

Thats what im doing

My progress so far. Slow going but I only have the weekends to work on it

11 Likes

It’s looking good so far! :v:

1 Like

Finished up last night. I should breeze through my next two lights. Needed an extra body to hoist this beast up. Its pretty light but large none the less. Also very saggy. I have the hangers where they are is this is the center of gravity seeing as 90% at least of the weight of this light are the ballasts.

All said and done this light cost about $400. And it massive in comparison to the Solstrip X2 setup and 80w more powerful and $200 cheaper. Forget what I paid for the Solstrips.

The Solstrips crushed the quantum boards in terms of spread. Now these Bridgelux are crushing the Solstrips in the same category.

Pay no mind to those beast sativas to the left that had a 4 week veg. I need to cut in skylights. Had to chop one down it was too big and floppy.

Say a prayer for our fallen comrade who was just too big for its place in my room.

18 Likes

Congratulations!!

That light is a beast. :sunglasses: :+1:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Great job @SquirtleSquad!

3 Likes

Ready to finish these up should I use screws as well as thermal tape?
Like one screw on each end and one in the center?

9 Likes

if you can use both . I just used tape and occasionally have to make sure one or two strips stay stuck down.

4 Likes