Closet Chronicles : Growing With Mr.Sparkle 2019

Day 5F

Left side is doing good, did a little leaf tucking but only expect that to last a day though but it helps if you keep at it.

Before

After

Day 32.22.12.7.0

RIght side moving along, back plants are meh whatever, as for the front one of the CD9’s left tonight, and decided to flop the back Honey Peach

After flopping and removing the one plant, need to start the bottom cups on automated watering, but will move to the other res to do that till they catch up in size to warrant the same cycle as the older plants.“5sec at 300min” currently

And some new seedlings

19 Likes

So every 5 hours they get 5 sec of feeding, is that correct?
How many mills do they get in that time?

4 Likes

yeah thats correct, well actually i may of mis stated as they are set at 6secs , but in that time if running four outlets “nozzles” works out to be 140ml from each nozzle, but currently one res is only running three nozzles and a second one is doubled up nozzles per pot, but is running at less time i believe “5sec”

Saying that watering only happens during lights on too, so the left side is getting three waterings a day right now unless i do a manual watering which i have been, but it gets watered 10 mins after lights on then every 5hrs after that till lights off. The right side being on a 18hr light cycle would be getting 4 waterings

If any of that makes sense, usally stuff isn’t set in stone at the earlier stages, or at least i havent narrowed it down to specific times and amounts, as the pot volume and plant size change that.

11 Likes

Cool, yip made sense man, just trying to get a bit of a feel for how much a plant should get early on.

4 Likes

Day 10F

Bottom filled the pots today, probably only added 100-150ml of coco, but brought them up to were the pots should of been filled in the first place, otherwise doing alright, the right plants have been silver nitrate treated again today as they aren’t showing any signs of reversal, so im doubtful on this method, back left plant i just started CS spraying to top of today as a comparison

Day 17.12.4

Just started the c9d’s in the red cup to autowater, which there being over watered so i have to turn up the wait duration between watering, also had some plain watering over the weekend just cause i was occupied, so i expect thats why the bottoms are pulling back, that and their current lower feed at 1400µS.

Also the new seedlings are doing well.

Plus just put these in paper towel.

16 Likes

Hey @Mr.Sparkle
Put 10 dark sparks in a paper towel late Saturday night, 5 germed already and just got put in soil. This will be my first grow since 2005. All 5 of the 5 @Sebring Dragon tongues popped, still waiting on the SSDDs I also put in a paper towel. So stoked! Thanks again!

Also, what do you use for the reflective material on your walls?

9 Likes

Don’t be afraid to pull any laggards if any pop up.

As for the reflective walls they are just aluminum foil covered cardboard, done. by the way of some super 77 spray glue

10 Likes

Nice clean set up my friend
Very interesting thread

2 Likes

Day 11F

They have started stretching, could also be the bot fill i did on the pots, but lets see what they do this week, i expect ill have to flop some, and maybe remove the front right plant in order to bring over the two red cup plants from the other side

Day 18.13.5

Yeah the two older plants don’t like the lighter feed there getting so im gonna bump it up to 2000µS, think the watering level on them is decent right now at 3 sec 3 times during lights on, so we will see.

Also planting some Crystal Candy seeds in pots momentary.

16 Likes

How many ml comes out in 3 sec?

1 Like

would have to look at my notes, but i bumped it up to 6sec this morning as the cups were feeling light, so i undershot with having fewer watering events in a day.

2 Likes

So this happened today on day 12

Figured i could leave it till i got home, and yeah was correct but barely lol, light have since been raised…

i plan to remove a plant or two eventually and flop some tops, but gonna wait till im later than i should per usual lol.

16 Likes

They are looking fantastic! That’s pretty close, lol.

2 Likes

Day 16F

Plants are doing well, have turned up the light friday night to 125w, but the plants are enjoying it.

The silver nitrate plants are still not showing any definite signs of reversal so they got hit again today, just to give it the college try. Also pumped up all the feeds to the 2100-2200µS range

Day 23.18.10.3

This side though meh, its like i lost some key points on seed starts and have been having under/over watering issues coupled to too low of feed when feeding, so contemplating forced media cycle overs water wise as i have a couple suspicions.

May start some more seed today because well why not

21 Likes

Day 18/0F

Quick update, pretty much out of control at this point, the silver nitrate plants aren’t showing anything, but one has left since this photo, also moved over the one smaller C9D that i kept from the other side, oh and 2250µS was too high for the right side so bumped them down to 2100-2150µS

Day 12/5

Removed the little one on the right, and moved the other one over to the other side, note for this side is i have been doing forced waterings to cause changeovers, its working better just need to figure out some base timings for myself.

20 Likes

Day 20/2 F

Well dropped to a smaller res on the right as the plants wanted to be tall on that side due to space limitations for them and removed the one trial plant which allowed the one plant from the other side to take its place.

Day 14/7

Right side, probably gonna remove three of the plants on the left but no need as of yet, other side doing decent with the watering changes i did. Still playing cause these plants could be bigger at these ages, but also may be hitting pot size limitations early due too taproot signaling of the plant ?

16 Likes

A quick question for you as you are an auto aficionado. I have some photo moms in my veg room that were all ready to go into the bud room, but I’ve found a small amount of powdery mildew on them and am really hesitant to flip them knowing it could take over.

It occurred to me that I have a bunch of your auto seeds (which I love), and that I could just start them instead. I’d like to fill my space (about 3.5’ x 3.5’), and hopefully yield about the same as usual from my 600w hps (about 1lb). I was thinking either 9 of them lined up 3x3 in 2 gallon pots or 16 in 4x4 1 gallon pots. Which do you think would be more effective?

Thanks again for the beans btw, I really enjoy the strain especially the taste!

6 Likes

All depends on how well they start but id go for the 9 or actually less as if they get a good start and have a consistent watering and such they will take off, but id suggest starting more than you think though and just plant the vigours ones and non duds and it also gives you the ability to pull weaklings and or crinkle mutants once they are going.

Saying that you can start in the one gallons or smaller containers, and say uplant around 3-4 weeks in if they are going good, just depends on how you water and how often.

Take a look at @TrevorLahey thread even if hes having some issues right now, but those are at week 3 and in 3 gal’s in a 2x4, and havent even decided to take off yet, which will start to happen in the next week

9 Likes

@beacher

For 3.5x3.5 I would do 9 in 1-2gal pots or 6 in 3gal pots.

2 Likes

That’s great, thanks guys! I guess they’ll get a bit bigger than I would have thought if I go up to larger pots. Less plants = easier upkeep so that works for me :+1:

2 Likes