Closet Chronicles : Growing With Mr.Sparkle 2019

Hey @Mr.Sparkle
If I could pick your brains, how long do you run your colloidal silver generator when producing. I made one up a few years ago with a 24 volt, 400ma power supply. I think I ran it for about 24 hours the first time but I think that’s a bit of over kill.
Going to have a go at reversing some of you Dark Sparks in the next week or so and try to get some more fem autos seeds. Just loving theses autos.

Cheers Johnny

7 Likes

if you have a bit of left overs to restart a new batch honestly not long 20mins-45mins
but if new with fresh distilled water it takes longer.

Now that all depends on voltage, volume, amperage, distance between conductors but i routinely run too long myself but not by choice, I just let things settle and decant off any sediment when im done and I only usually make 4oz at time “spray bottles worth”

What to look for is once you start to see gray/black particles forming and starting to drop with usally a silver sheen starting to form on the surface your usually already past done cause by that point the particles are too big. I forget the color change order but it goes white, yellow, red, then grey/black when looking at it from the side with a light.

Usually its right at the end of the red stage your typically done, the color shift happens because the particle size is increasing so the reflection of light changes

16 Likes

Many thanks

Cheers Johnny

3 Likes

Day 17/10/3ish

So wasn’t around for the weekend due to canadian thanksgiving, so why the gap in an update.

Rightside: Bigger plants were parched when i got home so they just got water last night but have seemed to have bounced back, and the fresh c99xdd seedlings are starting up.

Leftside: moved all the autos over last night to the left chamber and hooked up the lower circulation fan and turned up the light to 75w they will be taking off in a bit. The Small one is a DD/DS seed that i found and just started.

23 Likes

Best of luck with the new babies

2 Likes

they look happy this round, still think the initial ones got hit with something environmentally on my part.

5 Likes

Day 19/12/5

Well think they were hit with some pH issues up and down and too high of a feed initially, or just what im guessing.

Anyways gave them all an equalization watering/flush tonight at 1400µS or so and bit under 6.0ph so we will see how they do over the next couple days.

Haven’t been nice to them.

22 Likes

Mr Sparkle I hope you don’t mind me posting a pic here, as I wanted to thank you for providing me with some of your seeds to play with.

These are day 12 from sprout.
Front left is your Dark Devil F2 you shared with me oh so many moons ago.

It’s the best looking plant in my setup right now, much appreciated for encouraging others to find their niche. :slight_smile:

Jelly

18 Likes

Day 27/20/13/0

Well haven’t updated in awhile plats were having issues all week, and before, pH was possibly of and high concentrates built up, but did two flush/waterings about 2 days apart at 1400µS with some added calcium hypochlorite, and things started to turn around. Finally hooked up the auto waters yesterday cause i was subsequently alo starving them of water and nutrients as well, so mean…

Have some new plants in there too for CD9’s on the left, and the cabbage looking alien rift is gonna be tossed eventually, just mainly its genetics making it do that. Also may have some other plants for the right side, but they need to sprout first.

15 Likes

Some plants you just know will have some deeper colors to them.

25 Likes

I’m super excited to try these!!! My girlfriend loves the purple buds!!! Great show(s) @Mr.Sparkle @Jellypowered !!!

5 Likes

Day 24/17/4

They have been liking the daily feeds, pretty sure i was holding them back a little bit there from hand waterings.

So all CD9’s on the right, and thats all of them so… gonna find the best 2 or 3 and reverse one if some have some worthwhile traits i wanna play with so far my guess is on the lower side of average for if something good will pop up, but you never know.

Right side even though old and smaller than they should be at this age, are doing decent now with the auto watering going, also bumped up the res’s to 2000µS or so, couple of these plants are gonna be sacrificed for a different reversal process that i have yet to try so will be probably the weaker front three plants as id probably be culling them eventually.

Anyways onwards…

19 Likes

Day 19/6

CD9’s the left ones are approaching time to flip so gonna have to do some shuffling till the cup plants get big enough, one may get tossed as its a crinkle but gonna wait a little first, but i like the left two plants, and the older one at the moment.

Day 26.1 for the Right side autos, i don’t expect them to get that much bigger just cause the early issues i gave them. Also have two cup based ones hiding in there, and the front three plants, im playing with a different reversal method, but they are just sacrifices at this point, don’t actually care for pollen from them.

19 Likes

Day 1 of flower

Decided to do some thinning and flip the left side photos to flower. Center plant will probably go due to leaf mutations but im holding out for now.

Day 28.8.3

Kept only the somewhat decent flowering autos, the green pheno DS thats going is doing well, and tinned down the current seedlings, as you can see i moved the cd9 seedlings over till they can get big enough.

But made a couple changes, slowed down my extraction fan to its lowest setting and also tuned and turned up my light to be 25% overdriven, but turned them back down to 100% to see how they do tomorrow with just the fan adjustment, issue being is its been cold…

Started some more seeds too… Those that survive the gauntlet…

18 Likes

Looks like they got a little room to breathe now.

15 Likes

Day 3 of Flower +20 = total days for the majority of the left side plants

Still playing with light levels a little bit, but running around 105w a side currently, don’t need to go higher but could if i wanted a little more heat which is around a 2 degree C increase with my exhaust fan at its lowest setting.

Gonna reverse one of them, don’t know which one yet though.

Day 30.20.10.5 for the right side

Did some more cleanup on the right side, still will remove the odd plant potentially but have some more seed going, I expect this will become common over the next bit with running a lot of seeds through as i just want to see what pops up that impresses me.

15 Likes

Nothing wrong with the looks of those the 3 out front almost look identical.

2 Likes

On those orange cup ones ? , if so take a look at the rightmost ones new growth…

Guess hard to see but its laggardign behind and has bit different leaf structure and more purple pigment to it

3 Likes

It does appear different now that you pointed it out , maybe stress ?

3 Likes

Stress yeah but also genetics too, so ill be watching that one

4 Likes