Coir solo cup advice?

Also, how hard do you guys compress the Coco in the cup? I keep it pretty loose but and it seems when I water it heavier it makes the Coco level drop some. Should it be pretty firm?

I like to keep it airy. Once the seedlings roots get accomplished then I’ll add some coco and lightly pack it.
Sometimes they get a little leggy and need a couple of inches of coco for support.

1 Like

Oh that’s a good idea to add some later. My rapid rooters are always higher than the Coco after a few waters, this would prob helps cover the top roots too. Thanks!

1 Like

So when you guys transplant from the solo cup to a larger container, do you break up the soil some or just put right into the new container?

1 Like

right in the bigger pot with some mycro

Okay that’s what I have been doing, I didn’t know if breaking up the soil would help it acclimate faster or potentially hurt the roots

1 Like

Don’t break the soil.
If you plan to do a solo cup transplant to a bigger one in the middle of flowering, try to touch the roots as little as possible, direct to the pot, as the colleague says, a little of myco and keep going… and continue with the same nutrient routine as before the transplant

Perfect, just what I was doing. Thanks for the help

1 Like

the last transplant is only to avoid having to water so often, you will be more relaxed and the plants appreciate the new soil too.:+1:t3:

Yep, plus the plants are able to get bigger because the roots can grow more!

1 Like