Cola’s starting from scratch garden

4x3500k 4x2700k 2x5000k bro

4 Likes

Beat me to it, I recognize those strips and mixed spectrum.

2 Likes

ok cool, I think in my 10 strip build I got a factory mixup two of my strips appear to be something other than 3500k lol

1 Like

4x2700k and 2x 5000k averages to 3466k couldn’t you have just used all 3500k? or does averaging work like that

1 Like

How mine looks on minimum. First (from the top) and 7th strip appear to be a different spectrum.

3 Likes

I could but that’s not what the guy wanted. I just designed and built mate.

1 Like

looks like two 2700k or 3000k if they have it

1 Like

Your 3500k look to be all 5000k bro

prob just how it looks due to auto white balance

1 Like

I don’t even care what spectrum they are, they are working fantastically for me :smiley: lol.

4 Likes

I hate to say it, but looks like you have 2 3500K and 8 4000K. That’s odd, either way they are working. Can you tell a difference in the diodes when they are off? The coating makes the diodes look different, the 5000K are yellow while the 2700K are orange.

2 Likes

The point is. No matter what’s in it. It works bro and works well. I’m seriously tenpted to get a sample pack of megacrop too from your results.

@legalcanada now you pointed it out. May have made sense to have a slightly different arrangement.

3x3500k and 2x5000k for the first driver to act as a “veg” light and kick on the other for another 3x3500k and 2x2700k. Well pointed out and you educated me as to the maths of Kelvin. Appreciated

2 Likes

I’d say the 5000k are more blue/white than yellow bro.

1 Like

I’ll snap some pics of the diodes tonight at lights off :slight_smile: TBH for my cab size, I don’t mind that they are in the cooler spectrum as stretch is a big deal lol.

They are X1 strips, all of them are labeled as 3500k according to the solstrip sticker.

1 Like

@anon58740919 So do you find that having “on board” drivers like that increases temp much?

1 Like

Watch this “accident” be the reason you smash it in such a small space. All the strips I have are x2’s but the diodes are all still lm561c so can’t see that much change occurring from manufacture

1 Like

he was referring to the coating on the diode not the output. here’s my 3500s

2 Likes

X1 VS X2
Same diodes, better PCB layout/design. X2’s have better thermal characteristics due to more pad size and thicker traces.

1 Like

i’m still thinking you have 8x 3500k and 2x 2700k and it’s just the auto white balance playing a trick on us. i’m going to go take pics of my lamp with different white balance settings and see. sorry for shitting up your thread cola lol

2 Likes

I always build my frame from aluminum so they act as a giant heatsink. (Also works as an Earth for your drivers for US folks) I personally don’t think they run that warm. (They’re remote in my own setup with 3 in a small enclosure that barely kicks off any heat even running everything

1 Like