Cola’s starting from scratch garden

Shit it up all you like bro this is my little chill spot. Everyone but virus welcome here. No time for that kinda nonsense though lol

2 Likes

idk i keep my drivers on a concrete floor outside of the grow room cause they get really hot but i run my boards at max. ~ 1.4a and 115v. 2x HLG-320H-C1400A drivers

2 Likes

In mine I have a hlg320h c700a for cobs. (Ran low at the min) and a hlg320h 24a ran max) (the little 50w hasn’t seen much action yet as it’s only a fan driver and my cobs do well passive to about 15w a chip on Arctic pro 64 gt rev2 coolers)

1 Like

I see. I see. That’s a beast of a light mate. What’s max output from that

i think its dimmable from 350-735w, not positive about the low end. it’s 4x qb304s powered by 2x hlg-340-1400a, heatsink is 740mm x 390mm (29" x 15.5") (qb288s pictured)

i kinda lost respect for HLG, after they went and built up a bunch of hype as a DIY company they completely stopped stocking DIY parts and only sell their extremely overpriced fixtures now. a 4 board fixture with a thinner heatsink and only 1 hlg-480 driver is like 1400 cdn, only 515w i think. i built my 735w fixture for less than half that

4 Likes

Honestly I bought SolStrips because the quantum boards were always out of stock.

3 Likes

yeah i guess they realized margins weren’t high enough (for them) for DIY parts. solstrip are exact same diodes and the form factor allows for more customization and flexibility.

2 Likes

Irrelevant to you as you’re in Canada but we’re going for the fixtures built for those who can’t and parts for those who want to attempt their own. And trying to keep the prices fair on both sides too. It’s a hard balance but there’s 2 of us on our team.

Does anyone know how many shareholders there are in HLG? Guessing more as it’s grown and they’ve got greedy so pulled the diy line.

I also agree on the strips being much more flexible design wise too. You’re pretty set with quantum boards as to layout aren’t you

3 Likes

@Ttystikk used to be a partner with HLG. i think it might just be robin and stephen and now grandmaster level. there might be more maybe.

2 Likes

I’m not sure of grand master level’s involvement. I did used to be a partner.

2 Likes

yes thats true i’m not sure if he actually has any equity stake in the company, he might just be the official canadian distributor

2 Likes

We have no equity stake in solstrips either. Just a licensing agreement to supply the UK. So it may be the same for grandmaster level. @Baudelaire was very good with us in regards to royalty free licensing. If business is good for us. It’s good for him so everyone’s happy.

3 Likes

Just had a message off our first diy customer. 20 strip rig over 4 hlg 150h 24a drivers. He doesn’t post/read online and has only ever seen my rig in regards to solstrips. This is what he came up with. I’m pretty impressed to be fair. 1.2m sq roof cube. He’s an attic grower who went from hps to cmh and now LED. It was actually me who got him growing now he’s hooked too.

Cola’s knackered now so I’m off to bed. @legalcanada I’m far from finished sticking myself a wish list together you will hear from me soon mate

7 Likes

He’s done a job there eh bro. Be interesting to hear how he gets on with that rig.

2 Likes

I’ll definitely be able to let you know. I have 900 photos via WhatsApp already lol

4 Likes

I agree. I’d swap the #1 position strip (one of the two 3500Ks) with position #4 strip. Then you’ll have an nice blended spectrum of 3900K across the canopy. -b420

3 Likes

Explains why your plants stay small and stocky @Jellypowered.

2 Likes

This fuckers chucking bollocks all over the place. Out he comes. Middle ones a bird. She’s throwing pistils. And helmet. Well helmets just a bastard degenerate init and we will see what happens there.

Cola’s been making a veg/prop space with stuff I had to hand. Ie my workbench. Some loft boards. And insulation. One side for the prop one for vegging plants. It’s a work in progress but was something to do today I guess

3 Likes

I’m betting Helmet will turn out good :grin::grin:

2 Likes

Photos are pretty much self explanatory still need to make doors and sort lighting and ventilation but that’s not a problem. Maybe just maybe we can get a perpetual going

6 Likes