Colorado Sativas

me too , i am not impressed with what my meditation on Colorado Sativas Oaxacan showed. TLT Seeds neither. just sent you my mindanalysis in pm- lol

Only cause you found one good oaxacan doesent mean all others are cool.
my longtime mexican hunter collegue finds guerro and michoacan most promising regions… and acapulco eventually…
he says the best is Michoacan x guerro- from snowhigh, the Name on pack says SIERRA MADRE MEXICAN -

Alltho he hunts tripweed totally , he said this 10 weeker made him see diamondshapes on everything… sometimes he changes his oppinion after a while tho…, but overall this is similar balanced high mexican of higher order.

4 Likes

Lol. I know. I looked for years to find ONE pure one. I’m sure my threads have gotten people looking for more😁

7 Likes

i talked to you like a small baby, lol, shure you know. well my advise is in the post above…
i can ask him if he still sticks to his review.

1 Like

This is Green Mt Oaxaca. Aka oaxaca skull. I’m not sure about it yet. It’s from 79, so it is possible it’s pure, and also possible it isn’t. Flowering time on average is spot on, but with faster plants that are suspicious.
Still, seeing that 1970 Oaxaca nearly finish outdoors last year has opened my mind to the possibility that with an additional 9 years of breeding in Mexico, another week or maybe 2 could have been taken off the flowering time potentially.
I’m going to give them a shot. 12-16 weeks is just about right…

9 Likes

Atleast i agree that Cryptic Labs is veeeery good looking, i just meditated about that one. very happy sunny dreamy. nice. really nice.

4 Likes

I recall reading that green mt Oaxacan skull had been crossed with Federations Hawaii Sativa some time ago to restore lost vigor.
There was another one posted on this site called Oaxacan 12 finger that goes 18 weeks. Looked exciting but the thread was abandoned…
OAXACA 12 Fingers Grow - #24 by Pineapple_Punch

3 Likes

Would you mind copy/pasting that analysis into my pm’s too? Or maybe just post it here. I might not be the only one interested in your thoughts.

I am VERY interested in short season Mexican varieties. More so even than the long flowering ones. By my generation the Oaxaca, Acapulco, and Guerrero etc. They were all gone. I grew up growing with short season Mexicans.

The problem is Mexican bagseed is a wild crapshoot. Way lower quality (on average) than Dutch genetics. You need to sort through them.

Luckily these days I have accessed different growers who found good lines and preserved them. A very different scenario than growing the random jar of seeds that every teenage stoner amassed with dreams for “one day”.

I was looking at his Oaxaca for being one of those lines. I am interested, but also not sure what I am looking at. My grow is tiny, and often my eyes get bigger than my grow room.

4 Likes

I’ve long assumed that any weed purchased as a “gringo” in Mexico, South/Central America and the Caribbean is tourist weed. I also assume it’s been that way for decades. That doesn’t make it bad, on the contrary. It just means it’s not an original Landrace.

4 Likes

Of corse i can tell you, i thought i will get hate for meditating about pictures for hours. people repetadly told me i cant see shit. so , attention please:

3 Likes

I did a short meditation on TLT seeds Oaxacan.

I wouldnt buy those. Didnt see much perfection, alltho the pics are very hard to look at, he is no masterfpotographer, lol , but it didnt touch me, and the cryptic labs is better.

it is slightly bland (pics in my head are) , doesent come to the point, but has a cool happy quality, but the negatives overweight.

3 Likes

Colorado Sativas - Oaxacan:

last energy used for Colorado Sativas Oaxacan (i did already 2 meditations on some panamas that day),
for the Colorado Oaxacn i get uncertain Results,but nothing comes to my mind, nothing very negative , nor very outstanding good… energy runns out… cant say…

So, overall ratings 1 to 10:

• TLT Oaxacan 4

• Colorado Sativas Oaxacan unshure , probably 4, 5, but i dont think i will give it a high rating

• Cryptic Labs is just better- rating 6, 5

5 Likes

I saw recently that hyp3rids released one called La Perla Negra IBL heirloom in which they are certain came from Oaxaca. The description and pictures sound and look more like the CS one offered.

Hyp3ids describes it as 10-12 weeks, broader leaves, not much stretch, sweet/floral round dense buds. I mean it sounds like a hybrid right? But I don’t know, hyp3ids seems to put a lot work into their landrace and heirlooms. He doesn’t mention where he sourced the original seeds from but he might if asked.

The picture below (not mine) is of La Perla Negra on the left and CS’s Oxacan on the right and I can see some similarities.

10 Likes

@romanoweed

So you are saying that you grew it but is was not anything special?

1 Like

No, i just looked at pics, and can see the effect. based on that are my ratings

1 Like

You know that seems reasonable to me. Selecting for shorter flowering time should be possible. But I still have bad feelings about equatorial sativa flowering in less than 12 weeks.
I am running cannabiogen Panama as we speak. Beautiful plant. Not terribly narrow leaf by any means. Cannot help but suspect indica in the mix.

3 Likes

Oh, ok. No I agree just based off of pics not much can be determined. I thought you grew it.

2 Likes

Depends on what the old sources say about these regions 50 years ago, but i typically shy away from anything 12 weeks or less. But lots of Mexican strains are pretty fast for some reason. 13 to 16 is just right for a worked Oaxaca so ancestry definitely has a role to play, too. Where did the Mexican genetics come from? There are at least several source countries, probably more.
Cannabiogen used the same Panama as Ace did, but didn’t select for the contamination in one of the crippy Colombian strains used. I hear it’s real good.

6 Likes

13 , 14 weekers is what you found acording some folks in SE Asia, Congo, and Mexico.

There was a Guy called West-EU on icmag, he sprouted a very big collection of like 20 Mexicans like 50 percent were from 70s, and the majority was unbelevable fat ass plants.

The times when people found fat Genetics in mexico was very early on when hippies were there if i recall correctly.

There is also Alaskancannabiscache with a Mexican collected in 1950… ( Costal Seeds on insta showed) its a super fat plant…
(most of them i dont know floweringtime, but again: super fat genetics from mexico , so…)

Many say these have afghani or lebanese inclusions… i myselve dont know, but would give @upstate right that 13 weeks for the shortest pheno is a different level than shorter than that, shorter seemed to be relatively uncommon in the Tropics overall…

And i also have less problems to suspect Afghani/lebanese inclusions in Mexico given the glossy look. than for other Regions (SE asia/Congo)

5 Likes

It is indeed a beautiful plant. Looks like a very well curated line. Kinda wish I had been able to get the regular seeds. Too bad I got fems. I am reasonably proficient with STS but I’d rather not. Maybe I’ll dust her with some Oaxacan/blueberry pollen.
On second thought, since cbg is no longer selling seeds, maybe I better break out the STS.

4 Likes

Man i don’t know. Cs Oaxaca looks right to me. Leafy and light green. Maybe it’s a pure Oaxaca that got accidentally a bit pollinated by something else during preservation? That would explain the pure looks AND the reported contamination, and fits in well with what might happen when making seeds with many strains in the same greenhouse, too. I might still try it, I don’t know.
I have to grow some hybrid3 gear to have an opinion on them as well. Many of the strains have a similar look and i think it could be due to the fertilizer used…but my eye says Pakistani like leaves.( it could be that zacatecas IS an old Pakistani sativa)Again, I’ll have to grow some plants my way and compare to other area relatives.
The first time I grew Oaxaca my buds were really scraggly seeded. I regrew the plants and was surprised at the modern high end look of some of the buds.

8 Likes