Complete grow kit test

LOL, grow in coco, water daily.

3 Likes

Stop your bragging, your avatar cuts it off so nobody can tell.

2 Likes

Never plain water in coco. JK, man, lol.

2 Likes

Just watering the ladies so I grabbed a pic. So far so good.

8 Likes

Awesome test! First time checking this thread out, cool that your running it through the trial hehe.

The clips themselves absolutely suck to hold the round tent poles. I did what you said, but with the little clip fans (without the clip) and ratcheting light hangers.

7 Likes

Thanks man, I just got tired of the debate. Expensive vs cheap stuff. What will work and what won’t. I am even sticking to the GH nute schedule. I would love to be able to say with proof that this low cost kit is all a person will need to get some buds to smoke. Grab a kit, follow the GH feeding schedule and you will get to harvest. Well that’s what I am hoping, time will tell. This is a Mars kit but there are many like it from multiple manufacturers. It was pretty complete, I would say it needs a clip fan and a decent PH meter to really be complete. Even a PH droplet kit would suffice as a starting point. That said it is doing ok. I think the biggest part of this experiment will be how the buds measure up for density and such. I did supercrop the main stem, I figured since this was an experiment I might as well go all in. Never supercropped an auto before. It does not seem to have skipped a beat and this will be the most uniform canopy auto I have ever grown so that in itself is a great thing for me to have tried.

8 Likes

So it looks like the one thing I should have done was tie that main stem down as it is doing it’s best now to straighten up, lol. Oh well, a few more pics. Also added a couple pics of the knuckle where I supercropped it to show how that looks now.

13 Likes

Just flop it over again a little lower, it will eventually stay down. :grin:

7 Likes

I thought about that but the knuckle is like wood now, don’t want to snap it. I am going to tie it down and maybe just synch it down a bit every day, at least I can stop it from getting any higher.

4 Likes

Right, that’s why I said to do it a little lower than the first time. Below that knuckle. But tying down works too. More than one way to skin a cat :scream_cat:

5 Likes

Oh I get what you mean, I misunderstood. Yes I could supercrop an inch lower. If the tie down doesn’t work I will do just that. Thanks bud, a fresh set of eyes and ideas can be so helpful as I would not have thought to do that. Much appreciated.

4 Likes

I’d be careful supercropping again this far along, especially since you’ve already done it to that branch.

Some strains can handle more stress than others. But I’ve had some hermie after later supercropping during flower. It is HST after all.

If it has any cookies in it, I’d be extra cautious.

3 Likes

Just a few pics before I water. The supercropped cola seems to have stopped reaching up so the canopy is actually pretty even. First Auto I will have grown that doesn’t look like a pine tree so I am pretty stoked.

14 Likes

Just a few more pics from today since it was feeding time.

!

12 Likes

Nothing really new to show, ladies are just trucking along.

13 Likes

Pretty nice sight all the same. Happy 420 DD.

3 Likes

Seems like a mild frost warning staring in the tent, yeah.

12 Likes

Well how does that rule go, never let your coco dry out, oops. Oh well, will feed to decent runoff shortly, I think I will put a little extra through their pots today just in case of salt buildups.

15 Likes

That supercropped one looks nice.

2 Likes

Thanks bud, it’s turning out ok. If it tastes as good as it smells I will be thrilled.

6 Likes