Complete grow kit test

Hello OG. So I have been asked many times about grow kits and cheaper lights. It bothers me that I can only guess about them or go off what others say so I decided to prove one way or another if they will do the job. I have gotten a Mars Hydro TS1000 complete grow kit. This comes with a 2x2 tent so I am going to set it up, drop 2 auto’s in there and we shall see what we got. All I want to prove is if these complete kits are good enough to get someone new started. In this case it is Mars as it was readily available but there are many others to choose from. Well here we go. I started this on another site but thought I would share it and update here as well. It would be nice to show that you don’t have to break the bank to do a small grow.

28 Likes

So here is the kit. We are going to grow a Wedding Cheesecake and Cheese auto.

13 Likes

This is like Christmas morning unwrapping your present that you really wanted. :raised_hands:

6 Likes

20 Likes

Member of the Month? Go Doug!

8 Likes

Hey brother, good to see you. Thanks.

4 Likes

Hey all, so the tent is up, the equipment is set and the seeds are soaking. We got a Cheese and a Wedding Cheesecake going in, both Autos.

11 Likes

So here are the beginnings of life, lol.

6 Likes

Well I guess say Cheese, lol. Second seed popped up to say hi, domes removed and on we go.

9 Likes

Wedding Cheesecake.

10 Likes

Well not much to report as of yet but sure, baby pics for you. The poor slow Cheese plant seems to have lost one of it’s Cotyledons. I figured this would happen as it was stuck in the seed membrane and one of the Cotyledons ended up all deformed. Both plans have roots hitting bottom so I am expecting some growth to start happening soon.

10 Likes

Still rooting up. So the first thing missing from this kit is a fan. It has an extraction fan but no clip fan. Added a fan to get some more air flowing on the babies. Also going to pull out the humidifier to lower the RH. The kit is pretty complete but these two pieces of equipment will have to be added. This would be day 7 since first serrated leaves came out on the faster one. The runt is still the runt. Roots are looking fuller now so expect a growth spurt to start soon.

6 Likes

Well folks 2 weeks since we broke ground and the little ladies seem to be hungry. Not surprising as they are in coco. Not much growth but they rooted up fine. Will be mixing some nutes to add tonight and am expecting some growth to start right quick.

6 Likes

So a little food and they are starting to grow again. Life is good.

11 Likes

Nothing really to report. Ladies are starting to hit their stride, the next week or 2 will be fun.

6 Likes

Didn’t even know this was a thing. Congratulations Doug! You are more than deserving of the title. :medal_sports: :tada:

:seedling: :blossom: :sunflower: :seedling:

8 Likes

Well it’s been a few days so here they are today.

10 Likes

Thanks very much, I didn’t know either. It’s pretty cool and was a great surprise to wake up to.

6 Likes

Look at lefty trying to catch up, go girl go. (Lefty is on the right in that pic :rofl:)

6 Likes

So I potted up yesterday. Lefty (Cheese) has caught up size wise but seems to be showing Magnesium issues. Soaked the pot with same nute mix but added some Epsom Salt to see if that helps her out. The Wedding Cheesecake is looking fine.

8 Likes