(complete) Sheelavathi Seed Run

Look on reddit/IndianEnts

I don’t have the app so only got access for a few seconds and then got a mature content pop-up that wanted me to get the app to proceed.
I don’t do social media except this site so didn’t proceed.

5 Likes

Yes, OJ is correct. IndianEnts on Reddit is the largest Indian marijuana forum I have found.

In truth it is mostly kids on there (like 18-20 yo), and very few of them are interested in growing.

That being said I have learned a lot from them about the Indian weed scene, and various cultural stuff.

10 Likes

Ok so not much has changed since my last update.
I did cull one plant that wasn’t worthy of being pollinated.
The males are starting to form flowers and have had small amounts of pollen released.
Had problems with one of my mini splits so just didn’t nave time for pictures or much of anything this morning. It’s lights out now so will talk to you all on my next update.

24 Likes

While tending the plants this morning I noticed a late comer as far as showing sex.
It is one of the creeper pheno’s and showed itself to be male. So now there is three males to add to the gene pool out of 12 plants.

20 Likes

You have these plants in flower now, correct?
That plant you gave to me is not showing any sex yet, still in veg tho. Wanted her to get comfy in her new home. I am assuming this plant will stretch a lot when they go into flower mode???

5 Likes

Yes I have all the Sheelavathi in flower. Yours is a clone that I had separated and was always in veg. And yes it will stretch a lot when you put it in flower.

7 Likes

I found another male so that makes 4 out of 12 males. That should help give some diversity to the gene pool. I am not really use to seeing males show up so late but it should help pollinate the late comers better.
Here is a look at the room:

48 Likes

Making me sneeze just looking at them dudes! :sneezing_face:

11 Likes

Niiiicccee!
I have noticed much slower growth on mine, than I’m used to seeing. It’s good tho. Still very pretty and she’s green and growing.

7 Likes

Looks like a tiger could jump out of there!

@oldjoints chilling in the garden with his tiger…

20 Likes

I have Hawks (Redtails)

3 Likes

how long is the flower time with this strain ? 16 weeks + ? can’t wait to run these

2 Likes

The source said 14 to 16 weeks flower.

5 Likes

Thanks much

@Oldjoints - Your plants are looking great!

4 Likes

I found a couple females that were hermaphrodites and removed them from the room. So we are down to 9 females and 4 males.
Look I’ve got nothing wrong with transsexuals, pansexuals or whatever sexual. But in this party it’s all up front so I guess the other party is in the rear………

46 Likes

Good job! Keep a keen eye. We are counting on you.

Keep an eye on those males too! Keep an eye for little calyx hairs popping out of male flowers as well.

When working these old lines removing the hermaphroditic specimens is one of the most important things a breeder or preservationist can do. Nobody will want the line if it is intersex.

On another note, I see the amount of resin on the calyx next to that hermi flower. For a long flowering strain that is a very impressive amount of resin at such an early stage!

11 Likes

I took one male down as he was about spent. I still have two others still going strong though:

And the girls are showing signs of being pollinated:

That’s all for this update, more to come!

38 Likes

That looks AMAZING! Such thin leave structure

3 Likes

Looking great @Oldjoints everything is coming along beautifully. Based on what I read of your males, it should be possible to breed this to a faster flowering and longer flowering version.

3 Likes