"Cookies" hate. Don't get it

I dont hate cookies, I just think they’re mids.

7 Likes

as youll hear some people talk about cookies strains can make them more irritable. for me they are like designer drugs, the comedown of which has that effect. most of the hybrids ive had of lets just say for the sake of convenience berners strains are somewhere between xanax (alprazolam) and ecstasy, those were the two drugs popular at the time of its rise so good timing.

dont have beef with anyone. you dont have to get too old now to see people just fade away in numbers that make you lose the drive to hold grudges. the music side of what berner did after he got over the pimping stuff was more in line with the weed culture i knew. legalization has brought on people who are so uninhibited they have no choice but to think theyre gods, especially when they dab that new cookie hybrid. back then he was cool, the music was cool, what is now doesnt really change that. seen no evidence of him displaying traits that gangsters dont approve of, have no reason to doubt him despite what everyone may say. at the same time i stand against some of his principles (maybe many) but i know most of you wouldnt tell him to eat shit to his face lol.

if you dont like it dont grow it. i hated the samples i had of gmo til recently, preferences and people change over time. dont hitch yourself to the wagon of the day (imho).

3 Likes

I’m just sick of the word Cookies. I don’t smoke cookies, I don’t bake cookies, I don’t even eat cookies. Enough about cookies already.

12 Likes

Cookies are cool. They’re good breeders for terpenes and resin and at least my moms get me high for 3-4 hours (Chimera GSC S1). The smell of a joint in the room is unmistakable and fills the whole area with sweet clouds of bakery goodies. Extremely good looks and rock hard compact buds on top of that. I have absolutely nothing bad to say against them. They’re actually some of the dankest weed I’ve ever grown. In my top 3 of all times. People hating on them never had a good one. I have several. I just discovered a wonderful pheno in a Cookie Wreck x Agent Orange x Chocolope combination that sends me into deep space. So not to work with cookies to me just sounds funny.

4 Likes

Cookies is one of those rare strains that you can re-light a joint and it still tastes nice because they’re just full of resin and terps.

2 Likes

Think it’s weird how the people who don’t like cookies love GMO(50% GSC). The original GSC actually yields good.
Some of Bodhi’s best strains have been half GSC forum cut. Bodhi has made three or four cookie crosses and those are easily his best.

4 Likes

I just dont like it because the buzz sucks . Flavor is ok to good but pointless because the ride is over so fast. It’s like Top Fuel Dragster you can’t even enjoy it it’s so fast. Got to smoke a shit ton if it

6 Likes

That’s the key. Outcrosses. My experience with straight up GSC is a punch to the head and very little character. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, if that’s your favorite type of high. It was everywhere here for years and that’s all anyone ever talked about. It just got old like any other strain that’s been beat to death. I do agree that it brings a lot to the table in crosses though.

2 Likes

Lol, come again?

We’re gonna say that the GSC Forum cut crosses are better than SSDD, Appalachia, Wookie, Snow Lotus, OMG, Mothers Milk, etc. etc?
Maybe that’s your opinion, but let’s not speak it like fact… i believe there are many like me who would say Bodhi’s best work doesn’t have Cookies in it

30 Likes

I draw the line at cookie (the food) slander.

15 Likes

Preach @hoss8455 !! :laughing::bear::+1:

4 Likes

Space Cake is my favorite Bodhi strain. Heard good things about Granola Funk , More Cowbell etc.
Jaws, Solfire, Archive, Inhouse, Exotic,Cannarado make good cookie crosses.
GMO
Slurricane
Alien Cookies
MAC
Cookies n Cream
Dosi Do
Cookie Dough Sundae
Lot of cookie offspring are gassy/ skunky. Greasy trichs with a good high.
The high thc strains aren’t for everyone and some people want low THC strains like Blue Dream.

6 Likes

THC is a one note wonder, and far from a determining factor in overall potency.
Further, you indicated that the GSC crosses were some of his best, but it seems like you’ve only had one, and just heard about the rest.
The other strains aren’t Bodhi, so I’ll assume that was for the thread and not directed to our discussion.

10 Likes

Let’s not confuse “Forum Cut” with Berner’s bs.

9 Likes

Shitty boring high. I’ve never smoked a cookie cross that got me so high I can’t drive a car. Berner is a piece of shit and if he dropped dead tomorrow we’d all be better off for it.

11 Likes

It’s also the antithesis, to us, as growers. We can grow anything we want whenever we want and we object to having things thrust in our faces. I do anyway.

10 Likes

It’s just a pretty OG kush cross. It doesn’t bring much to the table outside looks in my opinion. There’s other strains that bring more resin, better terps and longer lasting effects. But it is pretty and makes things look nice.

3 Likes

I totally get it. I see a lot of that, and a lot of breeder crossing the same cultivar, like runtz recently.

1 Like

I appreciate everyone’s input so far🤙 Sorry to the folks who are tired of seeing the name. I had to ask. Thankfully we don’t see that guys brand anywhere near Buffalo. I wasn’t really a fan of his even before I started growing, but then I saw folks adding his brand name to various strains out there…like muddying the water.

3 Likes

@Puffalo I totally agree about the cross being great…but …

This is the EXACT reason for the cookie hate and I concur @TopShelfTrees1 (and gmo is in my top 10 right now for sure…just dabbed some Donny Burger

3 Likes