"Cookies" hate. Don't get it

Forum GSC wasn’t the best plant to grow. It wasn’t great yielding and tended to herm easily. It did have tons of resin with a decent flavor and smell. It’s only really worth much in a hybrid because it passes on unique raised resin glands to everything it touches.

4 Likes

Got to smoke a shit ton of it

Ding ding ding :moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:

2 Likes

i used to fkn love rick asthley’s never gonna give you up… would hear it once or twice a year then that rick roll shit came and ruined such a nostalgic corny song that i loved. berner did the same to weed. and the guys a fkn cornball playing gangster, i have heard better rap skills and flow in this clip

4 Likes

most of us are in our late 50s 60s 70s… and half the men we used to be… now me in my 30s and berner in his 30s he wouldnt even have stepped foot in half the places or situations a ton of us been in without security… hes corporate wall street backed. we had to deal with cartels and bikers for our weed. no ones scared of berner

14 Likes

It’s a representation of the current theme in society. Weed that looks good, but isn’t actually good. It takes great pictures, it’s dense, purple, frosty, large calyxes…sure. It’s weed for a social media age. Before cookies hit the scene in like…09 or so, OG was the king. But…OG is actually fire. Cookies is hype weed. Weed for people who have to be seen smoking a particular variety. Weed for people who wear $400 sneakers. Weed for people always chasing a new thing.

It’s not terrible. I grew up on brown brick. But, it’s all about image, not the actual quality. Berner is a hypeman/conman. I sincerely doubt it’s “F1 Durb” (whatever the fuck that means) x OGK. Just a bagseed that became far more popular than it should have.

I also dislike how it sort of took over the last 14 years, it’s all anyone does or talks about when it’s really more of a novelty.

29 Likes

ran some of bodhi’s granola funk, major disappointment. a year or two ago i spotted a food delivery driver wearing a cookies shirt, i should have tipped him with weed but i don’t think i had any.

3 Likes

:+1:
agreed 100 percent

3 Likes

tell yourself whatever you want to but he was probably closer to meeting el chapo than you were

everyone seems to like the MAC (Miracle Alien Cookies) including myself

never heard any complaints about my Baked Alien Cookies which is Flaming Cookies x Alien Cookies # 5
photo here

I still have a few Double Cookie beanz (Curt’s Thin Mint Cookie x GSC Forum) (Twin Peaks) left which have floored (literally) normal smokers when they’ve smoked with me

think alot depends on where they are from who made them and if they are really legit :fire:

28 Likes

Ok, confession time. Never did cookies. Smoked or grown. And I also am ashamed, never tried Bodhi’s seeds although I’d love to try them! Anyone can help me there, please let me know. Hate to never have the chance to grow some. Any suggestions?
Blessings upon your harvests…

4 Likes

yea and extorted like the goof he is lol.

2 Likes

bodhi’s pura vida were my favorite outdoor plants ive ever grown. durable, triple-a could pack on resin in 60 degree temps with just fog and no sun for the entire flower and not pm or anything. could smoke it all day had a very high ceiling.

i know the real meaning of that word in canada and i doubt you meant it that way. my whole point is people shouldnt feel pressured to make bold claims about how they are tougher than berner or whatever. what is there to be gained? do you want to take his spot atop the corpo weed scene? i dont lol. learned a while ago that if i just let the people i really really want to hurt go off and mess with someone else, they will get dealt with before long, no guilt no worries about getting in trouble, no unwanted attention. they just fade away, and cookies will too its already happening so why get worked up about it now?

4 Likes

Yuck. Maybe it was just me but I found it had a weird soapy taste I found most unpleasant.

I really enjoyed the Silver Mountain and the Blue Tara so much I served it at my wedding.

12 Likes

did you flower it indoors? outdoors brings out the fruity-citrus side in a lot of stuff. got more mellow lemon pine outdoors.

1 Like

Indoors. It never made it past veg. It had this foul soap/moisturizer that I’d be more likely to rub on my head than smoke.

It was really quite disgusting. I culled it.

Maybe it was just a weird one.

4 Likes

F1 Durb does exist @vernal

1 Like

the soapy thing really was mild and after dry/cure, not even in the taste, more like in the smell of the smoke.
i hung it at unstable rh but good temps (coastal cali garage), also smoked a pack a day probably.
the phenos i got seemed more like stardawg mixed with green crack, having grown green crack too id say it got a lot of stability from that (wild guess). but i hated green crack scent/taste/look and when everyone took it down til i grew it outdoors and the plant just grew itself, flavor was more fruity and enjoyable.

1 Like

I don’t want to shit on your experience because it sounds like you really enjoyed it but mine was so foul I’ll never go anywhere near it again.

I’ve had stardawg based stuff and enjoyed it.

2 Likes

I absolutely hate the lying berner and his greed force of cookies. I don’t have the same hate for the strain of cookies and if someone likes cookies they should absolutely grow it. But I feel like with how much marketing pushed that strain and how many average people think it’s amazing because of that, has caused a bit of backlash from growers or Connoisseur smokers because at the end of the day cookies ain’t hittin like chem 91, TK, etc. not only that but berner does the whole “breeding” the strain talk so that makes people not like it even more. Tk, chems and many other strains were bag seeds like cookies, but the people that popped those bag seeds, never claimed they were some breeding project, they told the true story. Even tho they grew good weed, while berner has never grown himself and he talks about that strain like he’s a genius breeder. If cookies randomly came along, low key, like most other strains and weren’t carried/pushed by big marketing money, would it have gotten looked at as such a “fire strain”? I don’t think so however at that point I don’t think growers or connoisseur smokers would have the hate for it. if I feel something’s gonna be a good grow or smoke Idc if it has cookies in it or something. But I’ll never buy seeds or clothing from that company. Not only would I rather help hard working families over big money greed, but female seeds from that brand are known to be pollen sac growers.

8 Likes

very good thread here for-sure lots of opinions and that is also a very good thing to read and see ppl still doing with going into just straight up HATE for one another, actually quite nice to see.

been running my ALIEN COOKIES for many many years and i love her she pretty nice when grown correctly and the right phenol has been found, to be honest im pretty sure the only “COOKIES” i have ever had or grown was the GSC FORUM COOKIES which i got from stoney {RIP} years and years ago. the plant it’s self i never really was able to grow her correctly and back then i got very little help on the ends and outs of her, kind of grew her on an iland so-to-speak. at the time i took cuts just because aqt the time she was hot and i wanted to work her a bit, i made the ALIEN COOKIES at this time and im not 100% sure but i think that might have been the only DIRECT contact JAWS GENETICS ever had with a straight up cookies piece. so everything from me has came to be from the GSC FOURM CUT after it had been put into the alien cookies strain. as far as berner goes i really have nothing to say i do not know the dude i do not follow anything good or bad about him or his company. i try not to bash a strain because of the creator, but i do understand not wanting to put coin into the pocket of some one you do not like. how ever bashing all strains that have cookies in it for that very reason is i think very unfair to all the breeders who make great hybrids with cookies in the lineage. i could go on but ya i very much like the cookies {fourm} but way more so in hybrids then with a stand alone cut of ANY of the cookies.

peace & very conversational thread …

25 Likes