Covid-19 check in

I think I’ve forgotten how to talk to people face to face. I tried the other day and it was awkward and strange. And that was with my sister.

10 Likes
1 Like

Would be very nice if it does what they say

2 Likes

I’m trying to stay safe I live out in the country so social distancing is easy . And I don’t have any close friends anymore so no visitors . The rest of the family use masks when out in public but there’s a lot of idiots that don’t think it’s real . I medicating with a bowl of Blue Berry Muffin and heading out to the garden . Be safe

11 Likes

Both my lady and I contracted the virus. We are both early 50s. Positivity rates as high as they’ve ever been in my state. Still some people not wearing masks at grocery stores, convenience stores. She had first symptoms 11 days ago, tested 8 days ago. High fever 102F to start. Slight cough. Fatigue. Headache. No fever- last 3 days. My first symptoms 10 days ago, slight fever 99.7F, tested 6 days ago. No fever for last 4 days, fatigue, headache. We have been completely isolating, other than going to drive thru testing site, for 12 days now.

How did we contract it? Unknown as we both always mask, hand sanitizer frequently, avoid groups. Suspect we had become less rigorous with hand sanitation and contracted from a compromised surface (convenience store door handles). US CDC guidelines say we are probably not contagious now, but isolating for a few more days just to err on the side of caution.

Positive energy flowing to all here! Stay safe fellow OGers!

15 Likes

I know your post was four days ago, but I hope things are improving for you and your wife!

9 Likes

Appreciate your thoughts Tejas! We are both recovered according to the CDC guidelines and our timeline. Should receive test results tomorrow from tests we took today! Luckily we have both had fairly minor symptoms and as far as science knows probably no long term complications. The 14 days we have been completely isolated definitely reinforces several ideas. Anywhere we go outside the house, a mask is a must if we are going to be inside. Also required outside if can’t maintain a good distance from others. Also hand sanitizer with us wherever we go. Sanitize every time we get in the car. Even following these guidelines is no guarantee.

Appreciate your thoughts and looking forward to watching that DIY light kick ass on your projects!

Peace!

10 Likes

For fuck sake!!! Got an email from my daughters school that there were 2 cases of covid at her school on Monday. Went to bed last night with a bit of a tickle in my throat…woke up this morning with that “dry chest” feeling combined with a phlegmy cough. Is this a kind of seasonal smokers cough or am I getting this shit?

Also, scared to call into work because it’s Friday and payday…wouldn’t that seem a little to convenient?

Fuck

3 Likes

When I had it, the cough was dry and tickley, that didn’t appear until 5-6 days in after the sore throat, pounding headache, feeling tired bit. Then it was the cough, high temperature at night with sweating for three days then a stuffed nose and sinuses, but no runny nose. Then it went away and all came back again, about 4 days later but all symptoms were very mild the second time and it only lasted another 4 days 15 in total start to finish.

10 Likes

Seems very easy to just brush off as a normal cold when it first sets in based on your description…

5 Likes

Well ffs. I’m hoping it’s just from smoking too much (horrible) and being stagnant with the stay at home rule in effect.

And this shit doesnt make me feel any better…lol…

Thanks for the info guys! Dry chest and cough have subsided since running around the grow and getting ready for work…little bit of that tickle in my throat though :neutral_face:

Edit.
And as soon as I post this I have a few good coughs. Maybe I’m coughing without being aware if it…like breathing or heart beating.

5 Likes

You can always catch a normal cold. Or have a sinus infection developing. If I feel shity i just drink some OJ and make sure I eat well and healthy foods.
But my store has slowed down the past week considerably. Rumors spreading among the customers that we positive cases. Which is true… So I’m always “Acting” healthier then I feel to make others feel better. It’s usually back pain not suppressing a cough. But I smoke a pack a day so sometimes I’ll need a smoke to make sure I don’t get a tickle in my throut.
Employees are recovering well.

3 Likes

So, both the wife and I fully recovered from COVID with no apparent long term effects. Both have tested negative by 3 weeks after 1st symptoms appeared. While it appears to be unlikely we could be reinfected in the next three months, there is a lack of understanding over, if we are re-exposed to the virus, whether we could transmit it to others in this three month period. I urge all of you to take all precautions, especially if you will be traveling and getting together with elderly family members this holiday season. Light is at the end of this tunnel with the promising vaccine results. Stay safe all!!!

11 Likes

Yeah it was like a mild flu for me, the wife had more pneumonia like symptoms, like something pressing down on her chest and needing more effort to breath.

My immune system is good, I promote healthy gut bacteria being vegetarian and keeping about 90% organic with what goes in my body.

I avoid things that cause inflammation, like sugar and sugar substitutes, prescription pharmacuitacles, and I keep my alcohol consumption low.

I also supplement with vit D3, K2, C,E and all the Bs.

7 Likes

lol…how many of you folks are actually scared this virus will kill you? It killed .027% of the worlds population…well inline with the flu…this great reset is hillariois

2 Likes

I’m sure I’m not the only person here who has friends who recently died of covid.
Show some respect for your fellow humans. That attitude is despicable.
Seriously, where is your decency.
Where is your shame.

edit- covid aside, I have had 4 elders very dear to me die of the flu in the past 6 years. I nearly died of a flu virus myself when I was 22 years old.
I’m glad I don’t have to go through life with your callous and selfish attitude.

2nd edit- to everyone else, sorry I couldn’t muster a more level headed reply.

10 Likes

@Flexnerb , was not too worried about myself, very worried about the older peeps in my family. Three people I know in my age group have passed away from COVID (age50-60). The worry is for the older and weaker among us. That’s why I wear a mask in public, that’s why we are staying home a lot more, that’s why I try to be fanatical about hand sanitation.

Had it, not bad symptoms, recovered from it so I should (possibly) be bulletproof for several months. Definitely an opportunity to make some vacation jack for donating plasma with what they are offering for plasma. I would do it for free for convalescent plasma therapy. If everyone followed simple guidelines we wouldn’t be at the point where government feels they need to shut stuff down. Understand it’s about protecting others! There will be many needless deaths in the coming months as hospital systems and medical personnel get infected and overwhelmed.

Definitely hope you reconsider your understanding of the situation and make the choice to protect yourself, and by doing that protect your family and others.

Much love to you and all!

4 Likes

I have worked around alot of people who think the worlds population is out of hand

A “flu” that kills the same amount as the seasonal flu wasnt enough some of them said…I WORKed IN A NURSING HOME!!
14 dead last year. I qypuit my job because the company didnt want to discipline the little pricks for saying such fuxt up comments about the subject…oh, @zephyr i watch all 14 suffer and die. Was at the fore front helping buy them vitamin d3 aspirin honey tea trying to save loves and got laughed at told i couldnt give them vitamins to help fight it off…the company told me that it was in their immunities hands…

Filed numerous complaints to the state…inspections occured and nothing happened to these workers and management…it waz ok for them to kill these elderly patients off…gov inst helping much at all…you guys were on our own…if you think the gov is going to help. YOU ARE A FOOL…GO AHEAD ZEPHYR WHINE ALL YOU WANT I DID MY PART.

I had a fever of 106.4 i was on my death dead…dont know why im here but i am…i thank god for that

1 Like

This was the idea while making this thread, please stick to it, this is a serious theme and many people has been affected or lost relatives or loved ones. We don’t want any controversial about this subject or any other, just have notices on how our fellow OGer’s are dealing with this drama. Please stay out if you don’t have better things to say …

4 Likes

Quick suggestion flexnerb. How about you show a little respect for those 14 souls, and stop mocking us for mourning our friends and loved ones.

If having genuine concern and consideration for people who are sick and dying, taking reasonable steps to safeguard the health of myself and those around me, and standing up to you for disrespecting the dead makes me a fool,

then yes. I am happy to be a kindhearted fool.

I suppose I could have been more even tempered in my response earlier.

but then again, you could have made the effort read the topic post explaining that the purpose of this thread is specifically intended for checking in on members of the site who have fallen ill, and you also could have shown a modicum of respect in your posts, regardless of your opinion.

6 Likes