Covid-19 check in

My wife is a nurse in a COVID Wing of the hospital in California,
When the virus first started it was crazy I hardly seen my wife,most nurses doctors and front line workers were staying in hotels ,not to spread anything to love ones and friends ,

Crazy times people just have to be careful,one of the sad things about the virus is well I think so

People don’t let their dogs play together anymore it’s Fucking sad ,my pup goes crazy to see another dog outside then the owner crosss the street

7 Likes

Lady was positive and I was good for about 3 days then last Friday I woke up to what felt like the worst hangover ever… That lasted for 4 days… By Tuesday I lost smell and taste and felt better… Today I still feel good sans smell and taste still…

It affects us all in different ways I guess… Lady got the coughing, can’t breathe, mucus laden end and also lost smell and taste and now is getting these itchy rashes and I just got a massive headache and fevers for a few days…

But… Positive none the less…

7 Likes

Just look after yourself plenty of vitamin C

2 Likes

Oh yea…
Been staying in and keeping hydrated… Smells and tastes are here and there but they said could be weeks yet before we get it back… Already called and let the family know I wouldn’t be home for Thanksgiving just because my end quarantine date is too close and I don’t want to get anyone sick…

Sucks but not something I need on my conscience…

5 Likes

But let’s keep this on topic with making sure members that are suffering from it are doing alright and leave the other stuff out …

Covid vaccine chat would be a great topic in and of itself… maybe someone should start one and insure it stays civil😉

6 Likes

D3 zinc honey lemon tea with asprin is what we gave patients till i was cut off from giving it to them…seen some serious improvments with a good number of patients…severe copd patients couldnt cope…the. we had passed away unfortunately

1 Like

Haven’t caught Covid yet (knocks on wood) but a distant family member passed away from it. Had 2 close family members pass from other health complications cause their treatment was delayed because of the quarantine. Much respect to all the healthcare professionals fighting it.

6 Likes

Guess your “Anti-V1ru5” title will keep you safe at the end Arriba|nullxnull , they say the ones loosing taste and smell or having headaches are the first to not have fatal consequences, hope for a prompt recovery, you will have more Thanksgivings to celebrate … beer3|nullxnull

5 Likes

Load up on vitamin D3, 1200UI. If you have it - this will help.
There was a run on them here, but loads available in the kid’s section… Nothing wrong with Big Bird gummies (600UI)! :mask: :+1:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

I did start a vaccine thread, some people can’t tolerate independent information from non financially interested groups, that goes against their beliefs of how well vaccines are being advised to work.

So I will be shutting it down in the interest of community spirit and friendliness to each other.

7 Likes

You both get well soon!

3 Likes

Please let’s keep those discussion out of this topic. We had to close a bunch of covid topics because of constant flaming.

This topic is Covid-19 Check in. Its purpose is to check how covid affected our members and offer them help in need.

Check out OP:

8 Likes

:shark: :wave:

:evergreen_tree: :rofl:

3 Likes

So on Wednesday night I felt a tickling feeling on my chest and throat and thought I was a bit cold after the shower… Friday morning I start coughing a bit :upside_down_face:… Friday evening I went from standing up strong :muscle: to knocked down to the ground… coughing having chills freezing and being to hot at the same time… all my muscles were in pain :tired_face: holy shit so much pain… lasted to Saturday evening… then I damped down a bit… when to the hospital Sunday morning took the covid 19 test and got the result today. Positive indeed… now I’m going from room to room and wondering how could someone’s muscles hurt so much and even though i don’t have any fever left and just a minor cough I feel like I’m 30 % Alive… so for everyone out there … its not a joke… not even a slice of fun to get covid in any way… holy shit those 2 days was the worst ever… but the doctor said this week’s gonna be alot of pain but next week I’ll be strong enough to go out and maybe work again…

12 Likes

I hear ya! Tylenol and weed were my best friends… Hopefully you don’t lose taste and smell, I didn’t lose it til I stopped feeling sick and that is even shittier…

Get well soon and stay hydrated!

7 Likes

I wish we could get some painkillers here but the only thing I got is aspirin for painkillers…

Taste is fine just that I can’t taste spicy stuff. It ain’t spicy no more weird I know but smell is ok and taste is ok with a hint of sweet in there .

I do have pains in the body and headaches still from time to time but ill endure i hope…

I’m glad you’re done with covied @toastyjakes
I feel bad for everyone that got it and everyone that will get it … its not a normal flue in anyway…

my wife is still having fever from it but no pains and coughs… the thing with Sweden is that all the schools are open and if you’re sick and have children you still need to send the kids to school… my wife’s a teacher…

11 Likes

Oh man, that sucks. I hope you feel better soon bro. I had that shit back in March, towards the top of this thread and yeah, first week was like the worst flu I’ve ever had times 3, felt better after 6 days or so of it but woke up the next day to barely being able to breathe. That lasted for another 6-8 days or so before it started getting better, any worse and I would’ve been in the hospital on a ventilator. Couple times there I considered just going, but powered through. It’s been over 6 months now and I still don’t have my lung capacity back and my sense of smell is still diminished a bit.

REALLY hope you and the wife don’t get it as bad as I had it. Hope it clears up soon, sending you all the good vibes and positive energy :+1:

8 Likes

@toastyjakes did you get those raches on your chest? From solar plexus and abit up the neck? That’s how my chest looks light right now… all bloody from scratching it…

@HolyAngel

That’s my worst fears… I’m so sorry you went thru all that :pensive:!! I’m glad you did endure it and stayed strong all the way…

I’ve been reading about deaths day after they thought they where good again… and then they just stopped breathing… The doctor told me that 1 week after you get the virus. we’re not contagious anymore and once you get it you’re immune for about 6 months then the anti bodies dies out… I guess after this we’re safe for a bit…

6 Likes

I didn’t get rashes but the lady got some itchy rash on her legs for a few days… I got massive headaches, fevers and bouts of insomnia that I’m still fighting…

6 Likes

I’m sorry for you and wife @toastyjakes !! No one should ever go thru this kind of sickness or worse… hope the best for you guys also !! And everyone who’s going thru the same shit right now

5 Likes