Craigson’s Skunk Hunt

no, that is Heime Cheeba’s seed selection I believe

4 Likes

Ahh that makes more sense, some of those are really over priced considering they are available elsewhere. Some of them are a really good price if they are what they are listed as. It’s amazing the genetics some of us have tucked away in the fridge…
I’ll be releasing a Kona gold kept from original stock next spring but for $50
The only thing I could ever see charging more then that for regardless of rarity would be long flowering sativas that require twice the time if not more to finish, and even then it would really only be fair to ask 2-3x normal price which would get up around $150. I know alot of people charge incredibly high prices for seeds but it rubs me the wrong way.
When somebody has a 30% thc non gmo plant that finishes in 5 weeks I’ll pay a arm and a leg.

9 Likes

Heime cheeba if you don’t know who he is; he is the guy that most big name breeders get their genetics from they are ALL real deal and they are untainted original stock and crosses from Neville and original sensi stock, do some home work on him: he’s an OG of OG’s

1 Like

I’d really be interested in that KG. Please keep me posted! Where did the seeds come from? When I was on Oahu in ‘76 the weed blew me away. Of course mainlanders were only just beginning to see any sinsemilla. The weed was so tasty and twisted the mind. I had a Maui-wowie and a couple of no name strains. All were strong like Thai Stick.

4 Likes

They were collected and brought to southern Humboldt in 78, Lawrence Ringo kept the strain pure but was mostly working on CBD varieties before his passing, I got the last five packs I know to have existed outside of his families personal stash.

9 Likes

If that’s the case there are some great offerings there I’d hope some people are grabbing and preserving, I’d grab a couple but I’m dedicated to collecting landraces for the time being. Would be great if somebody really found rks but it’s possible. I’ve grown many skunk lines that all look right but they are either fruity, earthy or hash tasting, I still have alot of skunk genetics to hunt threw as do alot of us. Keep your fingers crossed and she will show back up.

7 Likes

@OleReynard says he has it in his vault. I forget the details.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if several old timers have the beans from before they got screwed up across the pond. I wouldn’t be shocked if I have it somewhere in various skunk beans I’ve aquired but it’s all about the hunt.
Speaking of the hunt I’d be willing to throw in on a community effort to purchase those $500 rks beans. If 20 people pitch in $25 dollers we could buy them have one person grow them out and do a seed run for the 20 who continue to divide. This is how the lavender and freakshow runs have been set up and things are going great with both of those projects. If we don’t get a legit rks were out $25 instead of $500 and if we find it well then shit the value would far out weigh the cost
@Classicskunk1986 how’s this sound to you and do you know how we would go about contacting the guy with the beans ?

12 Likes

that sounds good to me, I got here too late for the freakshow run (hopefully there is another run of that sometime, that looks pretty crazy)

7 Likes

@Heritagefarms yes I remember it was my thread collaboration on Mel franks 1996 skunk beans you hijacked for your lavender :joy: yes we can do that I have been talking to him Regularly.
My room build out is ready to go . I could do the OP.
I think these will be more promising than Mel Franks .
HC told me the RKS butt will reek through any amount of zip lock bags with less than a 1 year cure. He’s releasing only S1’s in 2021 and no regs / but would make an exception if I promised him to preserve it in pure form. He’s had 6 heart attacks within the last year and was making a 1X drop due to medical bills and such.

9 Likes

I can also do a OP on his Vintage Blueberry and give them out as freebies to the donors along with the RKS beans.

9 Likes

Sorry to hijack your thread again lol guilty as charged but I’m a skunk lover myself and support any efforts to get it back out into the community on a wider basis. Regulars for preservation purposes would be ideal. He has alot of great gear listed but the RKS is by far the most historically and genetically significant. I bred to a old school skunk that is more earthy then skunky but the resulting phenos definitely stink threw a bag , even when the bag is put in a jar in a back pack it will still destroy a vehicle in about ten minutes.

8 Likes

Well while I’d be happy to be a part of the preservation group I don’t have the trust yet being a new member.

As for RKS I’m about done with a small batch seed run of Sams ancestral skunk and oddly enough while in veg/early flower I had a plant that had the freshly molded rubber/fresh skunk spray smell. Now that it’s 5 weeks into flower and loaded with seeds it has sadly become very fruity smelling.
I still have over 1000 of those low sprouting seeds to go through so I’m hoping to eventually find one that will have at least the skunk spray smell that lasts. As for RKS well I was born in the early 80s so never got to experience it. The closest was a fresh skunk spray with fire engine red hairs we had around for one summer in my teens. It’s actually that plant I’m hoping to find in those ancestral skunk seeds.

Also if anyone would be interested I’d gladly share some of these seeds as I have way more than I’ll be able to get through in the next few years. They were also gifted to me so I think it’s only right to gift them to others that may have an interest in them.

13 Likes

Bound to find some skunky skunk somewhere,
I’m sitting on
Sensi seeds skunk1 (currently growing )
Sensi seeds super skunk
Flying Dutchman Hailey’s comet x acupulco gold
Hindu/ skunk x acupulco gold
Ufs# 18
California red hair skunk aka red hair sensi
Heirloom California skunk x sfv og

12 Likes

All I found in those were hermaphrodites… LMAO.

5 Likes

I haven’t had one yet so far, but I still have a lot to go through.

3 Likes

I think I had fake 86rks beans maybe?? Or it was a diff skunk all together a few yrs back when it didnt cost much??
Im very interested to see people grow the $500 rks beans out

10 Likes

I’d like to see the results of those also.
If I ever find the rks pheno I’ll be giving seeds away as freebies all these high prices bother me.

13 Likes

That’s a pretty huge information hookup—thank you!!!

7 Likes

Skipped right to the end when you said about throwing in to see if the rks from Heime is legit. I’m down of course.

5 Likes