Craigson’s Skunk Hunt

0fd9197617f33ca305160d70869b7c04779809c3512e967784f15552e9b05d73
Great Thread! Good Luck finding that stink! SK18 adds the dank on whatever it is mixed with for sure.

3 Likes

I just found this , know nothing about this place. Red Hair Skunk (Regular) | EC Genetics Cannabis Seeds Canada

2 Likes

Yeah if that pic is what those seeds would produce then it’s def not what I got in the mid 90s. The buds themselves were the green of those tiny sugar leaves from their pick and the hairs were fire engine red, not the rust red/brown from that pic

2 Likes

@sedin the description would fit, sweet skunk and moderate potency. The only thing that bothers me is the hairs aren’t red on their picture lol

@J-Icky correction from my above post. Skunk2 red hair from posi was bred by Ferry

Born with an insatiable thirst to continually expand his knowledge, he started working at Positronics in Amsterdam, also known as the first grow shop in Europe. Towards the end of the 80s, Ferry was producing clones and had already started breeding new genetics for Positronics. Ferry’s first strain ever bred was Skunk #2, known in the Netherlands as the Red Hair Skunk.

To find something close, I guess you would have to follow who worked where, met and traded with who etc
But being a Dutch classic it must still be around even if in obscure form hehe

1 Like

After a quick search I see exactly what you mean with skunk2

1 Like

My next skunk will be ODB cheese rider from Karma. Looks like a good one to cross with the other skunks I run. Best of luck with your search it’s all about eh stank man edited out he link

2 Likes

Any news on how these turned out for you?
Always interesting to hear what people think of current Sensi Seeds Skunk.

1 Like

Zero terps , hay tasting plants so they were all killed

5 Likes

how far into flower?

They were allowed to finish and cure properly they just dident have anything going for them , tends to be pretty common with many of the so called skunk lines

6 Likes

:thinking:

I’ve heard of a 'zillion people after that el dorado skunk plant, but all seem to have been seed germination projects & I haven’t seen any projects going a step or 2 back & trying to use Afghani, Mexican, & Colombian to “recreate” Skunk 1.

Anybody?

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

All in due time :grin:

3 Likes

Half of my Skunk run was aborted due to bad bulbs and runts. There were a few standouts and a few just finishing.

So far no REAL skunks, the closest are

Green Goblin - said to be green crack x RKS definite burnt rubber taste late, not enough terps for RKS

Exodus Cheese - definatly more cheesy than Skunky but a real stinker it is.

Master Kush x SK1 - currently curing for a month before test….promising smells from jar.

Stink Bud (UFS #18 ??) - (see above)

NHS - (see above)

8ter

5 Likes

You are 100% correct.I’m thinking about starting a growtent just for males and keeping a shit ton of the best most stinkiest.I am messing with uncle festers skunk now and they have an Onion Shrek smell going on

3 Likes

if I were looking for terps indoors, it would be in LOS under CMH

2 Likes

How’s the skunk hunt going did you succeed

5 Likes

Is anyone still following this thread? I’m new here but I have some theories on Roadkill skunk that I would like to sound out here to get some constructive criticism on. By constructive criticism I mean that If you disagree with me or my ideas/thoughts, simply state that you disagree and politely explain why. Is anyone interested in this type of conversation? Let me know if you are interested in playing along.

The Merry-go-round isn’t fun anymore…lots of that in the archives…its pretty much all been said. Swept North America in less than a year in early 90’s. Hasn’t been reproduced except in wishful marketing since. IMO lol ok I’m in for another ticket…is it the 30th anniversary bullshit merry-go-round again?
OOPS, where’s my manners…hey Mend welcome to OG…there is a welcome thread for new peeps, where they are much nicer than grumpy old fossil me.

3 Likes

So, I’m a bit late to the game, but has anyone posed the thought that the skunk smell is not a terp but is a thiol… A sulfur compound… and that it requires light to activate the Thiols to make them smell skunky, similar to when you get skunky /light struck character in beer when they package it in clear and green bottles that let too much light through.

The take home I’m suggesting is that if you load your soil with gypsum (Calcium Sulfate) and fertilize with Epsom (Magnesium Sulfate), and plant the right genetics, and then sun dry (I know, not the best for terpenes, but good to activate Thiols), then you may get the skunk smell. I suspect that back in the 80’s a lot of people were drying their weed outside or in places where it would get some exposure to UV light. because otherwise it would be too stinky inside their house.

I’m also suggesting that the genetics are some sort of Afghani and Mexican cross, possibly with some Colombian in there too.

3 Likes

This has been discussed or at least thought about by me in depth, I have a strain I plan on naming lightstruck when i release it. Your thinking in the right way but it’s not the exposure to light IMO but rather the lack of people growing pure Afghans and crossing them to columbians, thai and Mexican lines. Everybody keeps hunting in peoples claim to fame skunk beans but they almost all lead back to sams skunk that never smelled like skunk. True skunk lines reek when in flower, while drying and when cured.
Parts of Afghanistan have been inaccessible sense the early 90s when the first gulf war started and things aren’t looking any better there now.

5 Likes