Creating True Breeding Strains By Vic High

I get the technical chatter I asked about specific lines\strains.
I am not debating the veracity just looking for the seeds.

2 Likes

I thought it was miths thread lol

6 Likes

What seeds do you want, what I should smoke it for you too lol. You should be informed and with lazer vision cast your net and pinpoint what you are looking for out there. This is your responsibility.

9 Likes

Oh, right.

Sour strawberry is pretty uniform.
Some of tonygreens lines…
The old stuff, mighty mite and Co
Og, chems, etc

Crop king seeds is definitely homozygous for being shit :wink:

17 Likes

Aaah, well I started it :laughing: first 2 posts are vic high, then when there’s a drop in the quality of language, it’s me. Lol

8 Likes

It’s ok man in person I still say things like hybred and homozyjosity :joy:

11 Likes

Here’s the thing man. Folks’ infatuation with true breeding lines is a bit misplaced. What they should be infatuated with is true breeding plants. Listen up, highly homozygous plants occur in total polyhybrids clusterfucks at about the same rate as in true breeding lines.

21 Likes

I’m surprised by this… but it’s also very encouraging for my pollen chucking.

Does this have anything to do with the 1/20 ratio?

6 Likes

This 50% took me a while to embrace…i had a predisposition that true breeding ratio requirements would be higher…nope it doesn’t. Im not sure how polyhybrids change the time it takes to get to that, but it’s true imo, you don’t need 80% to call it true breeding

1 Like

Wouldn’t a poly be just a heterozygous variety

2 Likes

Yeah across the board that 1:20 pops up again and again. Walking down the line you’ll stop at about 1:20 plants -elite phenotypes- and say damn I wish they were all like her. Then again, 1:20 elite phenotypes selfed will prove out in their ranking progeny to be elite genotypes (prepotent/homozygous/true breeding). Back up a step when you find them, rinse and repeat and go wee wee wee all the way home. With knowledge, you should be able to look at ancestry and know where to hunt too. There is really no excuse for all of us not having at least that modicum of understanding - and I know you do - you just named some solid fishing grounds above. Well and hard won.

18 Likes

Don’t mean to be captain obvious but isn’t Deep Chunk the poster child for a solid strain?

7 Likes

Yeah it likely breeds as true as any other plant you can think of.

8 Likes

But yeah Uber resinous shit I looking for in it is still about 1:20. And that damn sure don’t garantee passing to offspring self them elites, rank them according to the curve of their offspring. There is no better way man

13 Likes

Is this a troll thread?

1 Like

No…next thread down the hall you want

9 Likes

If you really wanna cut to the chase I’d say some of the OG’s probably breed true for both resin quantity and quality moreso than most today if you dig that high. Pretty rare man, to check off those boxes.

10 Likes

The ones that are around are so because they have risen to the top. And few others have been bred as hard. It does not matter that it’s closet work. What matters is it’s closet work x6780, and the cream rises to the top, and selfing fixes traits, and bagseed happens.

17 Likes

Man you’re such a confidence boost for the regular folks :clap:

Small rooms can make big things
Intersex is not the end of the world
Some of your buds will turn brown prematurely and they might be the better ones
Trust your pipe
Etc.

That’s fantastic.

20 Likes

Isn’t that where the so called super male can be found?

Quote the skunk face…

With a male turned female both X&Y are there so I doubt a female transformed to male will make all male seeds. Maybe you need to find or make a super male YY and cross it times a normal XX female, you should get all XY, male? I think so.

If you have not read it here is a link to a link…lol

4 Likes