CrunchBerries’Probiotic SIP Thread

No worries y’all! It’s all related! Now if you were talking politics, money, religion, current sports, or the latest NKOTB project….

5 Likes

Do any of you guys keep your moms in smaller SIPs?

4 Likes

I have planned on keeping some moms in SIPs, but they inevitably get flowered out. @bassman5420 might with his 3D printed mini sips.

@CruJones huh? I just put it all together! One of my favorite movies of all time!

10 Likes

Nice! Was wondering if I was older than everyone here or if it’s just that obscure a movie reference. “Hollywood Mike Miranda” would have been a cool username, lol.

Yeah, I’ve been interested in keeping moms in SIPs since seeing a video where Kev Jodrey talks about how he keeps his moms in Earthboxes to get them in peak health.

8 Likes

That’s the video that pushed me over the edge into trying an Earthbox. If Jodrey has praises for it, then it must be something special

8 Likes

I have a bunch of 5 & 3 gallon buckets that I made some mom sips out of. The black drainage pipe i zip tie to to 3 and cover the bottom with fabric pot so I can lift out the 3 gal if I have to. I also drilled a bunch of holes in the bottom of the 3 gal after these pics.

11 Likes

That’d be a nice size. Are you using this design? I need to get a bit more adventurous and make a few.

3 Likes

Using them right now. I will take a pic later!

3 Likes

The wife and I wound up setting up a city pickers for a tomato garden bed and for herbs.

4 Likes

Here we are the mom keeper.

10 Likes

Yeah, somehow I remembered to ask my friend about this at some point last night while we were tripping our balls off. She said that her husband actually has five 3D printers, which seems crazy to me. But she was also like,”Oh, yeah, he could make a pole mount super-easy.” So, yeah… I guess if I ever need a pole mount, I know where to go haha.

Why were we talking about pole mounts? I can’t remember… Haha…

8 Likes

Something secure to hold oscillating fans stable to the inside frame of tents.

6 Likes

I took the plunge on the automatic watering kit for the EB’s . I’ll keep you guys posted on the results. Here’s to hoping I don’t flood my basement ! :joy:

10 Likes

I emailed Emsco group on these, but they were really of no help… they finally emailed back and they said they don’t sell direct to customers and to check Home Depot, Lowe’s, and Amazon. They look like they retail for quite a bit more than the normal City Pickers, but that extra res space would sure be nice. I’ve never seen these in-store, and I couldn’t find them on Amazon, maybe they’re phasing them out or something. Would sure love to find some on-sale somewhere…

9 Likes

i have 2 autoflowers in ! root and veg outside getting ready to harvest soon. They hold less water than a regular earthbox but no complaints. The starin was a 2 pack femenized freebie from Twenty20mendocino called whiskey zulu. It has a sweet fruity smell and a defenite kush bud structure.

7 Likes

I saw Walmart carried them, but was sold out. Also, they were like $150!

5 Likes

I think they may have discontinued that Emaco root box because the reviews and feedback say it cracks at the bottom.

4 Likes

Whew, too pricey for me. I think I got my original CPs for like $25 each on sale.

Huh, that may be the case. I couldn’t really find any reviews or anything of the bigger model online, except on Walmart.com - and there’s no way I’m trusting the one dude that reviewed it there. So far my CPs have been solid, but they’re indoor in a tent, not sitting out in the elements. There very well could be a design flaw with the bigger ones and they stopped producing them… at least you can make your own!

Let us know how it works out… it hooks up to your faucet, correct? Do you think you could make it work on a normal City Picker model of SIP?

5 Likes

not sure if you folks saw this, but the slate citypicker is a bit cheaper than the rest at this link. $29.98

9 Likes

Thanks for the heads up @tresbundles

8 Likes