CrunchBerries’Probiotic SIP Thread

Something secure to hold oscillating fans stable to the inside frame of tents.

6 Likes

I took the plunge on the automatic watering kit for the EB’s . I’ll keep you guys posted on the results. Here’s to hoping I don’t flood my basement ! :joy:

10 Likes

I emailed Emsco group on these, but they were really of no help… they finally emailed back and they said they don’t sell direct to customers and to check Home Depot, Lowe’s, and Amazon. They look like they retail for quite a bit more than the normal City Pickers, but that extra res space would sure be nice. I’ve never seen these in-store, and I couldn’t find them on Amazon, maybe they’re phasing them out or something. Would sure love to find some on-sale somewhere…

9 Likes

i have 2 autoflowers in ! root and veg outside getting ready to harvest soon. They hold less water than a regular earthbox but no complaints. The starin was a 2 pack femenized freebie from Twenty20mendocino called whiskey zulu. It has a sweet fruity smell and a defenite kush bud structure.

7 Likes

I saw Walmart carried them, but was sold out. Also, they were like $150!

5 Likes

I think they may have discontinued that Emaco root box because the reviews and feedback say it cracks at the bottom.

4 Likes

Whew, too pricey for me. I think I got my original CPs for like $25 each on sale.

Huh, that may be the case. I couldn’t really find any reviews or anything of the bigger model online, except on Walmart.com - and there’s no way I’m trusting the one dude that reviewed it there. So far my CPs have been solid, but they’re indoor in a tent, not sitting out in the elements. There very well could be a design flaw with the bigger ones and they stopped producing them… at least you can make your own!

Let us know how it works out… it hooks up to your faucet, correct? Do you think you could make it work on a normal City Picker model of SIP?

5 Likes

not sure if you folks saw this, but the slate citypicker is a bit cheaper than the rest at this link. $29.98

9 Likes

Thanks for the heads up @tresbundles

8 Likes

Wow, great price. I might pick up 2 after I measure my tent tonight. Thanks!

6 Likes

Measurements are different than what’s pictured eeh? 24 x 9.75 x 7.5 inches

6 Likes

Ahh, now I see that. Very deceiving :thinking:

6 Likes

Says in the question and answers somebody said
24 x48 and 4" off ground, idk if that’s with casters, is that the real dimensions from the manufacturer?

5 Likes

What are the dimensions of the container?

Answer:

In the product description one part says 24.5 x 20.5 another part says x 9.75. Which is correct?
By Jack Caputo on February 19, 2021

City Pickers are 24" x 20" x 11 1/4" tall including 2" for the wheels.
By Tanager on May 19, 2014

These are from the questions on a different listing, maybe a common typo?

7 Likes

Yes, very confusing.

6 Likes

Last mom I kept was in this DIY micro SIP, for like 4-5 months…

Definitely not organic, just an extremely lite supplement of GH Micro+Bloom.

I think there was maybe a half gallon of coco/perlite, max.

Little less than a 1 gallon reservoir.

18 Likes

Can you describe what you used in that micro sip design?

8 Likes

For that design I used a 1 gallon plastic ice cream pale for the reservoir, and an 8" plastic saucer seated in the pale which gave me maybe .5 gallons of growing medium. I cut a 2" hole in the middle of the saucer and connected 6" of corrugated plastic wrap inside a small white nursery bag to make the wicking column - the bag is not necessary though, just poke lots of tiny holes in column. The little red fill tube I had sitting around and fit very nicely.

10 Likes

Just a heads up, if anyone every thought about transplanting from an earthbox, I do no recommend. I don’t think it will die, but it’s not easy!

8 Likes

I bet the roots are everywhere

7 Likes