CrunchBerries’Probiotic SIP Thread

Man, I didn’t even know AC Infinity made clip-on fans, so I just went to their website to buy three, two for the flower tent and one for the veg tent, and their website keeps saying I’m only allowed to buy a maximum of one. Anybody know what that’s about?

6 Likes

over promised, under delivered

6 Likes

I think demand is so high they limit them.

6 Likes

I was thinking of trying something like this for the floor propped up on something then using the tent clip fans I have .

Limited-time deal: IRIS USA WOOZOO Oscillating Fan, Vortex Fan, Air Circulation, 3 Speed Settings, 6 Tilting Head Settings, 46ft Max Air Distance, Medium, Black https://a.co/d/e19jmoV

2 Likes

I bought mine in separate orders. Think it’s to keep the bots from buying them all up like the initial release. It was like a sneaker drop and sold out in like 3 minutes.

8 Likes

Ahhhh, okay, that makes sense. Pretty fucked-up, though. I’m fucking sick of bots ruining everything for everybody haha!

Yeah, I was sitting here wondering, like,”Seriously? Am I really gonna have to place three separate orders?” But I guess I’ll do that. I thought it was something wrong on my end.

7 Likes

I’ve been thinking about grabbing on of those AC Infinity clip-ons too, but to be honest, I’ve been really happy with my Holmes Lil Blizzard 8 inch oscillating. I’ve had mine going non-stop for over two years, pretty much. It only stops in between cycles for a little bit, and during that time I clean the blades and stuff. I’ve also removed the grill on the front so it is simple to clean.

Combined with this 3d printed mount for the poles, it comes out to being about the same price as the smaller AC Infinity fan. I’d definitely be more interested in checking out the 9 inch version, and may pick up one when they’re available… if they ever get there. It’s cool you can hook them up to the controllers too, but I’d need to upgrade my controller as well… ugh.

12 Likes

My Holmes little blizzard developed glitchy oscillation within the span of the initial grow. It’s fine if I aim it in one direction, but if I want it to oscillate it usually gets stuck in one position and wind burns the hell out of one plant.

I managed to get 2 of the ac infinity 6” oscillating fans in the initial drop. Definitely wasn’t all bots. I checked out with PayPal so that’s probably how I missed all the credit processing issues I heard about.

7 Likes

It wasn’t even credit processing issues when I tried, couldn’t even get that far. I just put three in the cart and it was immediately like,”NOOOOO!!! Only one per order!” haha. Super-annoying.

4 Likes

Might have to check one of those fans out. Got a 12" Hurricane in my flower room that’s too powerful on low.

4 Likes

When I had a fan that was too powerful on low, I just turned it around and shot it at the wall so the air could bounce around a little.

7 Likes

Thanks for all the feedback on the AC Infinity fans, folks. Food for thought. At this point, I just need something up there as I’m getting really worried about budrot since these dongs are the biggest I’ve seen in a few runs. Thank you, SIPs!!!

:clap:

I can’t order from Ebay anymore. Something about them not allowing VPNs and requiring too many personal details, but my account’s been locked out. Any other faster options for the same thing? My AC Infinity fan didn’t ship out yesterday like it was supposed to, and now I’m worried I won’t have anything in place in the next week (which is the beginning of week 7). I’m at a mission critical standstill…

I agree. I’ve owned 5 or 6 of these because they were inexpensive pre-pandemic, and they all had the same issue after a year +/- a few months. Not willing to rely on them long term, but I would purchase one in a pinch if it would fix my airflow issue ASAP. Just need a good place to get the pole mount fast.

I may have to defoliate a bunch to lower nighttime humidity, which is still hitting 70% while temps are 60F overnight. Air exchange is constant as soon as temps dip below 65F (low temp monitoring), and the fan blowing up into the center of the canopy is on 24/7, but I’m still worried…

But, on a good note, something cool is happening this round that I haven’t seen in past runs - a couple plants are developing pink pistils for some reason mid-flower. It’s really pretty and not related to senescence or pollination…I’ll try to get a pic of it.

Doesn’t show up in pics very well but it’s on a ton of tops of the GM1 and some Chem D. I haven’t seen it in previous runs of these cuts, so that’s neat…

15 Likes

Last grow, I put the Little Blizzard that I own on a five-gallon bucket on the table near the front of the tent to increase airflow at the tops. It actually increased the temperature in the tent, I guess because it was moving the hot air directly above the plants all over the place, so I shut it down after a couple days, but still… I know you don’t keep your tent open, but if you have something tall enough that you can set that fan on (and you have enough room in your tent), maybe just do that. No need to get all “high-tech” with the 3D-printed tent pole mounts haha. Ghetto works, too.

7 Likes

Probably not unfortunately. You might be able to reach the guy on his social media, INSTAGRAM: 3d_grow_hydroponics FACEBOOK: 3D-GROW @3DGrowOfficial - but I doubt those are options you’re gonna wanna take.

I have a spare one I’m not using at the moment I could throw in the mail to ya if you need it. It only works with a certain size tent pole though, and of course only the Holmes Lil Blizzard.

I could have just gotten lucky with mine, but they’ve been great for me. I always leave them mounted on the poles upright and clean at least every three months. Could have just got a good batch though…

I saw one AC Infinity Fan on Amazon this morning for 70, plus 5 shipping… but we all know that:

13 Likes

Walmart has oscillator tower fans for 28$ or honeywell fans with alot of power for 16$. Zip tie it to the pole. :peace_symbol:

6 Likes

Amazon is indeed the devil haha.

Are 3D-printed pole mounts something hard to get? My best friend’s husband has a 3D printer, it’s kind of how he makes his living, making costumes for tv shows and movies and shit. I’m sure he’d, uh, “print” (is that how it works? I honestly don’t know what 3D printing even is) some pole mounts if I asked him to. He’s doing a crazy-ass run through Death Valley right now, but once he gets back, I can ask him for y’all.

6 Likes

Probably not really hard. Getting someone to share their design/files might be the hard part. Otherwise you’d have to start from scratch on your design. What’s cool about most of the 3D printed stuff is that most people are willing to share stuff so you can print it out wherever, just need the printer and materials. I just don’t think this guy would, because ya know… money and all that.

5 Likes

Uggghhhh… That’s so fucking annoying! Haha.

Okay, so, like, a sorta “blueprint” or whatever? Yeah, I’m certain that wouldn’t be a problem. What if I just bought a pole mount and showed it to him? Could somebody look at one and then figure out how to 3D-print their own? His wife’s coming over later today, we’re gonna eat a bunch of shrooms. I’ll try to remember to ask her about this.

5 Likes

Yup, pretty much.

Probably, but it’d be pretty labor intensive. There’s other designs floating around out there already:

Not sure I really like that one as it hangs the fan upside-down, but just an example. You could probably take that one and modify it, if you knew wtf you were doing, but I really have no idea… haha.

4 Likes

Okay, but if somebody did know what they were doing, they could take a look at a pole mount and make their own “blueprint” or whatever? I mean, those designs are based on something, right? Somebody had to have created their design on a physical, like, “in their hands” pole mount, correct?

I’m certain my girl’s husband could make this. He’s pretty fucking smart. Super-weird haha, but I’m positive he’s capable of making those mounts. I’m gonna try my best to remember to ask my friend about this today.

5 Likes