CrunchBerries’Probiotic SIP Thread

Ha!ha! Sorry to raise your blood pressure with that picture of Bob Weir of the Grateful Dead looking very bright eyed and bushy tailed! Sunshine Daydream is a GD song just in case you weren’t familiar. Ha! Sorry again brother!

14 Likes

Haha, that’s one way of putting it. I feel like I could get high from that photo… there may have been some LSD involved, lol…

11 Likes

Yeah, I knew it was Bob Weir, but still… When you’re just flipping through pictures… taking close looks at everything… “Mhm, plants look good… Oh, cool, crunch is putting up a trellis…” And then that shit pops up? Haha…

10 Likes

Ha!

7 Likes

Looks like Bobby was on one in that photo

10 Likes

Morning OG,
Hope your Hippy Speedballs are working their magic and getting to the balanced, productive stage. Ha! I had a plentiful dose of a leftover Strawberry Temple J with Sunshine Queen temple ball and French Roast this fine morn’

13 Likes

Funny you say that. I just took a sip of my Ethiopian cold brew and packed my third bowl of Strawberry Temple. Its a good rainy morning.

8 Likes

Yum! I poured a flask of Venezuelan rum-infused Huehuetenango; just finished the first cup. Vape is a salad of Good Medicine, TK x Iraqi, and Pura Vida.

Big fan of Dr. Strangelove. :wink: And balls-to-the-walls Bobby dub!

13 Likes

Morning gang!
Hitting the fresh off the press HotMess and trying to get some mowing in before the rain gets too bad… #VALife

8 Likes

With that said, here are a couple pictures of my EB setup process in preparation for the SSDD F2 bx1.
I pack the wicks tight, watering as I go to ensure compaction. I mound up the soil to the top of the planter.

Next, I put a placeholder pot(s) and fill 1/2 way with soil.

I then add 2 cups of OSF as a ph buffer. 1 cup per cubic foot.

Fill the EB the rest of the way with soil and give it a good watering.

Next, add your first lasagna layer of Barley, Crustacean meal, Insect Frass, EWC, Compost, Grokashi and water in.

Fill the reservoir and cover the planter. I let it sit for a couple weeks, filling the reservoir if needed.

Note to self: This is recycled soil, so I should be able to veg longer.

19 Likes

Dude! That all sounds delightful! Maybe you are the feral hippy?

4 Likes

We are on the same wavelength this morning

8 Likes

I wish! Do you think those EBs really hold 2cuft of dirt each? I’m sus. But I’m liking what you got going.

All your GD references have reminded me I need a new avatar of a zia symbol with a dead lightning bolt in the middle of it. Jerry died on my birthday, after all…

10 Likes

@nube Like this?

10 Likes

I honestly haven’t really measured. I saw the Root and Veg EB’s are claiming 2cu ft also. I haven’t seen them in person, but I’m curious.

6 Likes

Just got caught up stoked to see one of the ssdd made it to you :grin: should know the sex of mine here in about a weekish just loading up the bong and a cup of coffee to start my morning hope you have a great weekend @CrunchBerries (that picture of bob weir made me giggle have a few photos of myself looking like a deer in headlights :rofl::joy:)

10 Likes

Thanks for posting your diy tutorial @Maddawg! I like that you used the tubing as more of a overflow drain than a gauge. I will likely make some of these smaller sips in the very near future. Thanks again!

7 Likes

And a good day to you sir!

4 Likes

I’m outta “likes” already haha.

Getting ready to go to this stupid Green Street Festival thing today, I have no idea what it even is. I’ve watched multiple promotional videos and I’m still unclear haha. The Emerald Cup was a sponsor at some point, then they were out, now they’re back again… I think? Sounds like a complete shit-show. I was hoping it’d be an Emerald Cup-type thing, with breeders and seeds and weed. Doesn’t sound like that’s the case now.

But hey! Juicy J is gonna be there! So… haha.

8 Likes

Sounds “cool!” Burn one with J for all of us

9 Likes