CrunchBerries’Probiotic SIP Thread

Yeah I checked the lights , they all went off at 6 PM a as scheduled. Something is off and I can’t pinpoint it. Would you guys agree maybe scrap it , set it to a manual timer versus the NIWA and go from there ?

edit: I also poked my head and looked around for any light leaks. I don’t see anything. :man_shrugging:t2: so weird.

2 Likes

The light may be going off at 6, but is it coming back on before reaching 12 hrs of darkness?

I wouldn’t scrap the grow, just try and pinpoint what’s going on. Gotta be something with the niwa.

7 Likes

Yea check the temp chart. I can tell when my light comes on and off just from looking at the temp and the humidity. Hell you can even see when I opened the tent.

7 Likes

Unfortunately the Niwa is far more convoluted than that @Magrowers. Their reports they email are extremely detailed. With these , you set a temp and it will kick on the heater etc. to maintain what ever environment you set .

1 Like

I just looked and there is a Niwa grow hub app available for iphone

2 Likes

Yeah so I downloaded the report and I wish I could upload it. It will show me changes every 5 minutes but the light is showing me a super low number which I need to verify with the owner why that is and what that means. The light is cranked up in wattage, so does that mean the sensor could be blocked?

1 Like

It turns out I’m getting wonky readings because the light sensor needed to be calibrated. I apologize for pivoting this away from SIP growing but I just wanted to provide an update. I’ll calibrate it and set an alarm notification to indicate if the light malfunctions in any way. I know I never did that when I set it up thinking why would I need to calibrate it so long as it turns off and on when I need it to.

Edit. I just put the light on a wifi with a timer I’ve used before and work’s smashingly.

8 Likes

Crunch! Just wanted to let you know my second EB just showed up in the mail. After this flower run I’ve got going I’m gonna reset to the SIPs. Consider me a convert

11 Likes

SIPs gonna take over the world. Especially if nutrients are gonna get more expensive. These things are super efficient

11 Likes

Welcome @LegsMahoney ! That’s super exciting bud! I just put a whole bunch of new links in the Link Farm to all sorts of useful information. Here’s my EB setup CrunchBerries’Probiotic SIP Thread - #271 by CrunchBerries
Feel free to ask questions! We have a knowledgeable, friendly staff that are here to support you 24/7 365 1/4.

9 Likes

Haha, EB and City Pickers should set you up as an online retailer dude, get some scratch coming in from all these good vibes you’re spreading

11 Likes

That is what I am talking about!

On my last run, after the initial setup I was feeding my plants with 100% kitchen scraps. The worms loved it. I learned a bunch also.

Overgrowing the world one SIP at a time :call_me_hand:

11 Likes

Mornin’
Been kinda quiet with updates recently. I successfully revegged Sunshine 4 A, B, and C. I had them in solos out in our sun room for the summer and they started flowering. Once I stuck them in the tent they were driven harder and lost that loving feeling.

I planted my select cuts in an EB and LITFA!

This morning:

Waiting on the current from-seed-plants to show sex. I’ll update more as that progresses. Hope y’all are well ~ Crunch

19 Likes

3 in 1! This is new… I’ll be watching intently

3 Likes

I thought the same thing lol

Ha! Thought I would give it a go. I’m not going to flower these, just going to keep them small and take cuts for a time.

7 Likes

Ohhh I gotcha, good idea. That’ll keep em nice and healthy for me :wink:

4 Likes

Maybe this is old news for some of you, but it was news to myself. When a seedling has helmet head I have always tried manually cracking or removing. Usually with little success. Sounds like many others have a similar strategy. Well, I took my spray bottle and placed one droplet of water on the helmet and let it soak in. I would do this before and after work, for maybe a day or two or three. The seed slowly started cracking wider until it finally opened on its own.

19 Likes

@CrunchBerries I got a City Picker to compare to Earthbox. SIPs ftw.

8 Likes

First step to take with the helmet head…90% of the time they pop off themselves :wink:.

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

5 Likes