Curidor - who's tried it?

So was scrolling web and came across this product. Been reading a lot about new curing and storing tech and wondered how this stands up to what the few reviews claim it to. I’ve just always been a jars and cool cupboard kinda storer and of late I’ve used grove bags, as well as a few people I know have too used the grove bags and they’ve really been pretty awesome.

Seeing products like this Curidor thing make me wanna build a room to the same concept :joy::joy:

Anyways… What’s your take folks? Is this more an industry / dispensary type thing or would you get one for home?

1 Like

Well the Cannatrol is another thread, it claims to dry too. Not sure this device is all that different.And then there is the DIY one. ( actually 2 of them by the end of the thread)

the cure is a big part of getting the best product IMO.

No xp with this one.

3 Likes

I haven’t but my buddy swears by it.

1 Like

Wouldn’t a humidor be about the same thing? Just curious

1 Like

the curidor website says that it replaces the air in the chamber with argon gas, cannatrol says their tech works by stabilizing vapor pressure. dont see how the curidor is actually used for drying? website seems confusing as i can only find proof of it being used for long term storage.

3 Likes

Yeah, I thought they were just for storage. I’ve seen them, but just used for that. I doubt if you loaded it with wet material you’d get what you’re looking for, but once it’s dried they’re great. Prices seemed to have jumped quite a bit. The big one price wasn’t bad when I first saw them.

2 Likes

A humidor just controls the humidity. This controls temp too. A wine fridge for flower and hash basically.

3 Likes

You could DIY flush your Mason jars for long term storage with this stuff they use to preserve expensive open bottles of wine:

3 Likes

flush them like push the gas through with the buds in them or without? im just so illiterate with real science not sure id know what to look for if things went south (other than ugly bud).

1 Like

I think Argon is typically used to exclude oxygen (a TIG welder, for example, uses a jet of argon gas to keep oxygen out of the weld)… so if this curidor thingamajig uses argon, I presume it’s to have a low oxygen environment?

4 Likes

2 Likes

Argon is heavier than oxygen or normal air generally, so when you spray it into an open jar vertically it’ll fall to the bottom and push everything else out, then you just recap it

5 Likes

Argon displaces oxygen and stuff and stops degradation, right?

2 Likes

I don’t think this actually works the way people THINK it does. Sure if you spray a bunch in and cap it up you’ll have a bunch of argon and relatively less oxygen, but argon and nitrogen just mix with air and diffuse quickly. So you need to be quick with the cap.

Studied this quite a bit to optimize long-term storage and talked to some fluids experts and aero guys about my ideas for inert gas packaging or vacuum packed tins. Wound up trying something I thought was easier but still addressed the primary mechanism of aging - oxidation.

I am using grove bags in a comforter sack with oxygen absorber packs. Buds look like they did when I packed them almost a year ago. I’ll post pics over in my dry cabinet thread next time I open it up and I’ll document the whole process for this upcoming harvest. It’s proven itself to me enough to warrant sharing

6 Likes

They have been selling cans of Argon to woodworkers for decades (preserving liquid finishes in cans and jars), it works to a degree.

For long term storage maybe something like using a Mason jar, Argon and a Foodsaver vacuum jar sealer. Then into a chest freezer.

The Argon would displace a significant amount of air and the vacuum jar sealer will pull about half of that out of the jar.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

I was thinking about it and you could use the Mason jar vac top to remove air, and if you put a ball valve into the hose, you could remove the hose from the vacuum sealer and then port it onto the argon can, and simultaneously press the spray trigger while opening the valve, letting pure argon rush in? Then maybe re-vac and store?

3 Likes

Even better! :+1:

Cheers
G

3 Likes

I love working through these ideas for DIY solutions here on OG, I’m always here to tinker virtually with the homies!

I see things like this and think we could come up with an inexpensive DIY with some parts from the internet to flush mason jars with this sort of setup:

2 Likes

That’s a cute rig…

This was the source I knew about…

https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop/tools/supplies/finishing/30268-finish-preserve?item=53Z2101

There’s always sources cheaper than Lee Valley though.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Presumably welding supply companies must sell it?

2 Likes