(complete) Holy Smoke Seeds Peshawar Afghan Coop Seed Run

Just like the cat thread? Or the ancient aliens/angels thread?

2 Likes

Really those two should just be merged into one cats are ancient aliens/angels thread.

8 Likes

It was just one post. Seems like maybe a little bit of an overreaction? We should at least try to get along here no?

3 Likes

Your geo-engineering (aka chemtrails) topic was rightfully closed. It belongs to the category of highly divisive topics on the edge of conspiracy/paranoia. We have had issues with these topics in the past, and what you are starting here is just another instance of this type. Some may argue that it’s bullshit and it doesn’t have a place here on OG, while others may label us as censors.

I understand that you firmly believe in the existence of geo-engineering and that it is an important topic. You have the privilege to hold this belief, but there is no entitlement to use OG as a platform to spread your ideas. We are here to discuss cannabis, which is already a broad enough topic. I suggest you find another platform or create one of your own to share your ideas.

Furthermore, it is unpleasant that you have tied your presence here to the existence of this subject on OG. Using your seed project as leverage to force your will is not appropriate. If we give in to this demand, what will be the next issue that requires compliance?

18 Likes

@LemonadeJoe

To directly quote one of your moderators: “Aaaaaannnnnd we’re done with this bullshit.” (sort of…)

It is hard to imagine a more politically charged, divisive, and knee-jerk reaction to a conversation that was promising to be very productive as evidenced by the two replies that managed to get in under the wire before it was squashed. Perhaps publicly addressing the immoderate prejudice with which one of your team denigrated one of our site’s most respected and productive members would go some way toward righting this scenario.

While I do not share @upstate’s frame and methodology for understanding the world and its myriad problems (my view is no less cynical – in fact it is more so – I just see the facts configuring a little differently), the subject of climate change is deeply germane to agriculture of which our little stoner niche forms a small but important patch. As to the fringe/conspiratorial status of the subject of geoengineering, Upstate pointed to several dead-center mainstream sources that indicate without a shadow of a doubt that such thinking is both widely underway and at an advanced stage.

These are worth a look, from a scrappy, out-of-the-way little-known but up and coming (fingers crossed!) institution called “Harvard University ” (sp?..jk):

At the very least understanding how this is being talked about is important, of course with a critical lens.

8 Likes

Cross posting here. It’s has been awhile since this reminder has been posted, some of the more recent folk may find it useful and preemptive. Thank you.

The site TOS
The site FAQ

Learn about:

The moderation team
The community leaders

Keep it tidy:

Off topic posts within this thread and other threads within OG are subject to removal or re-categorization. When posting, consider contributing to a forum thread with related content for discussions that may not be relevant to the topic at hand. Banter is expected though the moderation team and community leaders may re-direct the discourse to encourage keeping the subject on-topic. That may include removing off-topic posting, posts that do not follow site guidelines, or posts that contain controversial, conspiratorial, political, or divisive subject matter.

Moderation:

This community relies heavily on individual self-moderation. We also rely on feedback for issues that are occurring or likely to occur. If you encounter a problem or an issue, if there is a violation of the site TOS or the site FAQ, if there are questions on how this site in managed, reach out to the moderation team (@moderators) and they will make an assessment and assist when appropriate. Likewise, the community leaders are also willing to assist and provide guidance (@TeamOG).

Individuals may also flag both public and private offending posts for review by the moderation team.

Comments and suggestions:

If you have comments or suggestions about this site and the site features, please refer to the OG Website Feature Wish List
If you have comments or suggestions on site management, please reach out to the @moderators or to @TeamOG

Keep it civil:

Be respectful of each other, read and understand the discourse, try to avoid stepping on each others toes. Attacking, baiting, throwing insults at other community members, and attempting to create discord/drama is not acceptable behavior.

Likewise, attacking, baiting, throwing insults, ignoring guidance, interfering with moderation efforts, and creating discord/drama with the moderation team and community leaders is not considered acceptable behavior. Particularly, when done so in a persistent manner.

The moderation team will take the necessary steps to contain such behavior as it occurs.

Follow the guidance from the moderation team and community leaders.

7 Likes

@Upstate , I love these plants almost as much as the Oaxaca x Peshawar , almost :slight_smile: but I still haven’t smoked either so I can’t pass judgement yet lol

^untopped has the most narrow leaf and pretty tight node spacing too :slight_smile:

This is my favorite out of the others it’s been topped twice it’s the widest out of the bunch :slight_smile:

25 Likes

Woowhoo it’s raining y’all! @Upstate it’s raining bro! Hell yeah!

8 Likes

You can have some of mine lol. A foot in a week here. I forget what the sun looks like sometimes.
Plants are looking great! Nice and wide and not nearly as tall as I thought they might get.
The Oaxaca/ Peshawar on the other hand, have surpassed Oaxaca in height. Very vigorous strain

This is a Silversides pheno. Others will have chunky buds. Mine smells fruity.

23 Likes

The long dramatic pointed tips on the leaflets are gorgeous! I’m digging that leaf morphology. Such healthy happy looking plants too! Much love

3 Likes

Lol hey @Upstate you know what I was just thinking?.. I bet you eat a lot of tic-tacs! :slight_smile: Lmao

4 Likes

@drgreensleeves. You spelled it wrong. It’s TICK- tacs :rofl::joy::rofl:

6 Likes

Ha! I was thinking the same thing when I saw his seed containers. Upstate must really like tic tacs.

6 Likes

So for the record: this line is very stable I’ve flipped these males twice now and no herm issue what so ever :slight_smile: that’s cool

8 Likes

Ooooh lol. Thought it was a reference to my tick bite.
My wife got me those seed containers. 100 in one box, 50 in others. Probably all sizes available

4 Likes

My males real branchy :slight_smile: but I lost the one and I can’t figure why maybe bugs ate roots and I couldn’t see accompanyed with a night rain I missed smh sorry @Upstate I hope you’re not mad at me I been dreading it

There’s only the 2 males I hope you can see them good I tried to even get stuff behind them anyways I hope you can :slight_smile:

6 Likes

They are probably close to 6ft tall and I’m sorry it’s taking so long but I shouldn’t have flipped them back I should’ve just kept them in flower and just got what I could off the little one @Upstate that’s my bad bro I’m sorry

4 Likes

No worries brother. Shit happens growing outdoors. It’s part of the game. Not meant to be is all.
FYI, some of these will flower really long. Hope you have a nice fall or a faster pheno than I got.
I wouldn’t pollinate the one I have anyway. Smells great, but I’m not " feeling it " with this one. I’m going to have to do a few generations of selections to remove the Pearl phenos, unless I get a big yielding version. The stem resin is there, but calyxes are small. Maybe they’ll swell. Fingers crossed.
What stem smells are you getting. Can you force flower now? You’ll want to if you can

5 Likes

Don’t be silly. You did me a favor trying them out.

2 Likes

Lmao damn bro! Lol that f-ing tick gave you the P T S D’s bro ! GOTS ta B Mocareful! Lol dang :slight_smile:

1 Like