Did we lose a legend? RIP Bushy Old Grower

Oh no brother, I didn’t mean now at all…

Yeah, prudence. @Daytripr69

Mad

5 Likes

This year was really devastating.
I’ll try to think about proper form of recognition… Maybe a badge in the user card / profile?

25 Likes

My condolences to all affected. RIP

9 Likes

This is so sad. We used to chat some on the old OG. He was always very kind. I never bought any of his seeds an now I wish I had. RIP Bushy :kissing_heart:

6 Likes

My heart goes out to Bushys family
RIP @BogSeeds

10 Likes

Will hold his seeds closer to my heart! Free from the shackles that are the human body.
RIP BOG

15 Likes

What a spirit this guys has. I can feel the power this morning, as i pick up a bag of BOG to pop in his honor.

RIP, Godspeed Amigo!

10 Likes

Condolences to family and friends of this genuine pioneer. Haven’t heard a single bad word about BOG. Truly a gentleman, RIP.

6 Likes

Oh man, Legend, at least he got to see legalization.
RIP.

7 Likes

Damn, speechless. Keep the ones you love close

5 Likes

Damn. RIP BOG.

3 Likes

Sad, sad news. His legacy is great, speaks volumes about his spirit!

4 Likes

I hope his family.knows how important he was to canna community…would love to get a passage card from his funeral…
I remember being 14 and seeing his name on forums…or at least old school og…

11 Likes

And by extension, please allow me to send Belated Condolences to you on your loss. Was made aware by @GMan. Indeed, you are also included in my most private of thoughts. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray:'s

9 Likes

I am growing his bogglegum and he had just stopped by my thread so sad he always had word of encouragement
He truly will be missed

15 Likes

Here is one from us to you. Rest In Peace Bog

10 Likes

Thoughts and prayers to the BOG family ! So sorry to hear of the sad news !

What’s everyone’s thought about planting a seed (his)in his Memory to honor this great man and doing collective Grow log thread?

I remember planting one of his seeds out doors a couple years ago was the most beautiful grown Plant to date for me!

14 Likes

For those who came to know BOG only from his seed business, I hope you’ll watch this interview from June of 2018. In it, he talks about when he first got started growing in Michigan back in the late 60’s on up to his newest project (at the time), his Sour BluTooth.

BOG also talks about finding the original overgrow.com and signing up on day 2 of the website! He explains how his name went from “BushyOlderGrower” to just BushyOldGrower because he’s just old! :grin: He also discusses the karma system that the original overgrow had and how it gave him so much karma power to share with others. He acknowledges that the massive number of people on overgrow who very much wanted to grow what he was growing (a lot of Bubblegum at that time) was the reason that he ended up being a legendary seed breeder.

All in all, it’s a great interview with BOG, and it really shows how BOG and the overgrow website were a match made in heaven.

Rest peacefully, Jim. You earned it.

26 Likes

He also did an episode for The Pot Cast that was really cool. Lot of good info and just a great episode in general.

Definitely wish I had picked up some of his stuff when I had the chance over the last year :pensive:

19 Likes