Dirtron Plays With Dirt & Chats With Friends!

welcome to the forums :wink:

3 Likes

right on bud hope they come out good for you I just got my Forum stomper as well where did I put that sts bottle

2 Likes

those are f1’s of (Snow Lotus BX x SSDD f3) and I want to but have not yet run these :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Herbie
Thanks for clearing that up. I read it as (Snow Lotus x SSDD) F3, when it is really (Snow Lotus) x (SSDD F3).

@cannabliss I am psyched to be growing them. By the plan/numbers I really should only have popped 5 but what is the point in having 2 seeds of something left over, so I just did all 7!!!
I am giving a friend (IRL) the GDP Blast Auto’s you sent me. His favorite strain is GDP. Plus he is gonna pull 1 male and 1 female (Hopefully I can convince him to sacrifice the “best” female) to a honeymoon suit (at my request), so I should have a good # of seeds of these in the future. Also, I will be choosing between the Sour60 and the Spotted Lime F2’s as to which strain I will keep 1 Male from to be papa to a cross with each strain in this cohort. So there may be some descendants of your Sour60 soon! You Grow Girl! Many Thanks!

@MarijuanaEnthusiast I am glad you found the forums and decided to make an account and join us! This is an amazing community and resource. Plus all the free seeds flying every which-way! I am sending you a PM (since you may or may not be able to yet), holler if you need anything. Also, things get a lot more fun once you reach Trust Level 2, which should be in 15 days. Also, if you do start a grow log, people will see that you are for real, and you will be much more likely to be offered the opportunity to test new crosses created by members here.

7 Likes

Quick update…

After a 24h soak in 3/4 dH2O and 1/4 3% H2O2 6/7 of the Sour 60 AutoMF have split their seeds! So into soil they all just went.

The 6th seed re-sewing of CinderEvil AutoFem from @Mr.Sparkle has broken ground. So now all 5 pots of these are going!

A 4th Tycho Monolith AutoMF from @anon4675195 also broke ground today, so only one one more to go there.

Night,
-Dirtron

7 Likes

It’s been too long, so here comes another pretty big update…

First I want to thank @anon93244739 for his insane Beans&BBQ giveaway! It had me glued to my phone for hours. I’m not ashamed to admit that I was one of the big bubblegum winners! For once “The Secret” actually worked, I have been thinking Indiana Bubblegum ever since he started teasing them 2 weeks ago…

Shout out to @Oldtimerunderground aka “Uncle O’time” for the Purple Kush x Purps Secret! Not immediately, as I am committed to other things for a few cycles, but soon, I plan to do a big purple hunt, maybe once the Sundae Driver’s hit, and these WILL be a part of it!

A big thanks to @firehead for the well filled flip of Azad Kashmir! I think these are my first landrace seeds! I missed out of the Lefthand AK giveaway, so I am SO thankful to get my hands on these. Once I get the hang of some breeding these pure, undiluted primary cannabis colors are the key! :pray:

A giant thank you to @TestOfOath for his 3 Dosidos Auto crosses: Dosi-Cut (which I read, and prefer :wink: as, Dosi-Cat :cat: ), Kush, and Walker! As promised some of these will be going in my next run of Auto’s!!! I will tag you when I do!

A Crazy Multi-Thanks to @District_Flora for his care-package who’s contents include: The Matrix Revolutions DVD, Two super cool old-timey playing or maybe taro cards (3 of swords and 6 of wands), and three packs of Bohdi hybrids, El Chupanibre #2 (candied lemon peel/trix cereal Pheno), El Chupanibre #3 (Sprite Pheno), and Pyrite(Fools Gold) which is My Fault [Male] x Columbian Gold. I did not expect all three, but as promised, I will run some of them in my next photo run (which is my next run overall too). Your custom seed bags are very clean looking!

Thank you OG Santa :santa: aka @DougDawson for sharing some of @anonymous4289’s Soloberry2. I read that @anonymous4289 was pretty disappointed by a lack of grow reports and pics from previous testers, so I am going to do my best to remedy this ASAP!

Thank you @ReikoX for your all your excellent threads and the consistent fun of your Free-Seed-Friday giveaways. My 2ed victory netted me a stuffed flip of Durban Poison x JLO! Your beans or highly coveted here at OG… I am going to break out a portion and forward to another OG’er who is pining for these! Spread the seed!

Finally many thanks :pray: :pray: :pray: to the amazing @anon71563794. I feel honored to be an early tester for Petal Power Seed Co. I believe these are Red Dragon x Aloha OG… so thus (Red Dragon) x (Maui Wowie x Primate OG). These are going to anchor either my next indoor photo-period run, or one of my fall outdoor gardens, depending on her input and preference…
Oh and my PPSC magnets are breeding too :wink:!!!

That’s all my thank-you’s for this week…The love :mailbox_with_mail: :heart: my fellow OG members continue to show blows my mind each and every day! You all make getting mail :email: FUN, despite the bills :-1:.

So, my main flower cab has been struggling with both fungus gnats and whiteflies. It is all the more stressful and heartbreaking as I am close to harvest. After hemming and hawing for a few days I decided I needed to intervene so I ended up spraying a combo of Smite and Azasol. Some reading I did suggested that the essential oils in the Smite will disperse and/or evaporate after about a week, and it can be sped up or helped along by spraying the plants off (after a few days) with water. So I did very thorough applications for 2 consecutive days just at lights-out, for the whiteflies. I also did a Safer Soap soil drench at an application rate of 60mL/Gal (2oz/Gal) for the fungus gnats. I also hung some yellow sticky traps to catch any adult fliers, hopefully before they lay eggs…

The good news is I have not seen any whiteflies the past few days. Hopefully these girls will go ahead and finish sometime soon…

The new cohort of autos are all going well, here they are in their home…

And here are some better group shots…

4 of the Sour60 Auto’s from @cannabliss ended up in the flat with @anon71563794’s Freakshow seedlings…

And a closeup of the freakshow, trying to silhouette their leaves against the white background…

Apparently @Mr.Sparkle caught wind of the teensie-weensiest bit of shade being cast on his seeds and shot a single sparkle :sparkler: all the way across the multiverse and right into the one Cinderevil seed that didn’t germinate with the rest of the cohort. This was the result… Now instead of having 4 plants in 5 pots, I have 6 plants in 5 pots. I think I will just let them grow together for the full run…

I also had a Sour60 auto from @cannabliss that just could not get out of her shell. She was like this for at least 3 days, and I tried misting it, and the glass jar to raise the humidity, to no avail. So I had to intervene, some careful tweezer work later and I think, or at least hope, she will make it.

As things stand here are the germination results from this cohort:

Cinderevil from @Mr.Sparkle: 6/6
Spotted Lime F2 from @JBow918: 5/5
Tycho Monolith from @anon4675195: 4/7 (I accidentally killed 2 so really 6/7)
Sour-60 from @cannabliss: 5.5/7 (The one I helped out of it shellmet is the .5 as it could go either way)

In other news the Blueberry-60 Auto from Mark in an outdoor garden are blooming away. The females all seem to be well pollinated, with shriveled pistils and huge swollen calyxes. I only wish I had been able to keep them separate until the girls had developed larger buds. As it turned out my seed harvest may end up smaller than I had hoped. C’est la vie.

I pulled 1 of the 3 Blueberry-60 auto males out of the garden and put him into a bathroom on parchment paper to catch falling pollen, which is seemingly working. My past efforts to catch pollen have all failed, with all the pollen going up into the air, not down into my bowl or onto my paper. So I am very relieved this is working.

That all for now, till next time…

Thanks For Tuning In,
Dirtron

14 Likes

Super quick update…

@Rhino_buddy the auto beans landed. Got mine ready to go. Lemme know when you want me to seal the envelope and ship!

@Pawsfodocaws Ditto on the Rainbow Ylly. Thank You! Hadm some stuff come up so didn’t make your flip, yet. Hopefully going out in tomorrow’s mail.

Both the Spotted Lime F2 autos from @JBow918
and the CinderEvil from @Mr.Sparkle have roots popping out the bottoms of their 4" square pots, so I will be up-potting them into Super 1g Squares tonight. Maybe some pics coming too…

:peace_symbol:
Dirtron

5 Likes

So some OG love arrived this week:
@lambchopedd your Mex Death Sativa landed! Very sharp packaging. Understated in a “this is the good shit and I don’t need to shout it” kinda way! My buddy is gonna be Psyched when I give him the extra pack.

@Oldtimerunderground your letter arrived! And thank you for hooking it up, for pretty much no reason at all! Got that fem :earth_africa: :fire: and the blockhead x mikado! The Legend of OTUG grows and grows!

Finally thanks to @anon93244739! The bbq beans arrived! Gonna pass the Sour Blutooth to a buddy who was asking about seeds, as I already got direct from @Bullskinner. But you know what’s happening with the Bubblegum!

So I did re-pot the Spotted Lime F2’s from @JBow918 and the CinderEvil from @Mr.Sparkle

Before,
Spotted Lime on Right/Bottom
CinderEvil on Left/Top

The one double CinderEvil pot did not end up getting up potted, still a bit too small. The smaller plant of the pair (I think from the 1st seed I planted) may not make it. It did not like getting blown around in the wind while I was outside working on them, and is pretty rough this morning.
After

Also the Sour60 from @cannabliss that I had to do surgery on to remove from its shell has bounced back, so Sour60’s final germ stats are 6/7.

And in habitat with her siblings and the Tycho Monolith from @anon4675195

10 Likes

Looking good! @Dirtron Those Freakshows would go good outside anywhere. People would just think its a Fern or something else. :grinning:

@blkmetal @anon71563794
Yah they are super cool!
Got some (too many) other projects going, but my plan (maybe start inside over winter, then outside for a spring crop) is to pop a good number (25?) of them any try to find and pollinate a pair of the type-2 mutation, which is even more fern-like and less cannabis like. I suspect these ones would be recognized as cannabis once they start to bud.

2 Likes

Also @anon71563794 as soon as these auto’s all get up-potted and out of the “nursery” I am popping your Sativa testers :+1: then out into the big bad world, aka one of my outdoor gardens, to see if they can hang with our AZ :sun_with_face:

3 Likes

Where the hell you fitting the Bubblegums? :laughing:

@Slick1
They are going to be taking over my indoor at home setup!

The run in my cab is gonna get the chop soon.

The nice thing about the autos is that I run them inside when I have room, and when I don’t they can move outside, and then back in as space allows.

And I have several outdoor gardens at friends and relatives who don’t grow/smoke.

And if that wasn’t enough, one of my coworkers/friends/rock climbing partner has a tent and a cab. And he is into plants generally, and thus into the breeding aspect of cannabis. It’s the same friend who is helping me finish the CottonCandyAuto x Knights Templar project ATM. But he is not on OG (yet, I’m trying) so he basically is down to run whatever I pass to him!

But don’t worry, the BubbleGumball5000 takes precedence, and will be at my place only so I am able to do regular updates. And I won’t be doing any other seed runs here simultaneously so no cross-contamination.

2 Likes

BubbleGumball5000 has a ring to it :smiley:

1 Like

The “gum ball 3000” (edit) transcontinental road race stopped in my city for a night my senior year in high school (2003/2004). I Met Steve-O and Johnny Knoxville from jackass, they were racing their supped up Audi S4’s.

The father of my best friend at that time had a totally tricked out banana yellow Porsche GT2 twin turbo, and he let us (me really, as my buddy was a year younger and only had learners permit at the time) take it out to the resort that was hosting the pit-stop that night!

3 Likes

That’s sweet! Back when Steve O was still a maniac.

Wasn’t the race the 3000 though? I thought you were going 5000 to personalize it. Although with your name maybe it should be the BubbleGumball3030 :laughing:

2 Likes

Yah 3000 duh

1 Like

3030 is one of my #’s. But 5000 has a better ring to it, and this is an US not a ME project.

3 Likes

Looking great man, everything happens for a reason. Some awesome genetics you’re working with all around. Nice work. I’ll be here following along and seeing how things progress :slightly_smiling_face:

5000 does sound like the next level :laughing: That’s why I thought you were going with it over the 3000. BTW new post in the Bubblegum thread you might be interested in :smirk:

1 Like