So I am gonna do a pretty basic grow diary here so that I can look back at things and everyone here at OG can follow along. I will try to update at least once a week, and will try to add some pic’s when I can.
Here’s my setup,
My indoor garden is set up in a 2’x3’x 6’ grow cab that I bought a few years ago 2ed hand. I think it is an EarthCab. It is lit with a 600w Apollo dim-able digital ballast and HPS lamp, in a half-mirror/half glass, tube style, air cooled reflector. The cab is cooled by a 6" inline duct fan that draws through a carbon filter, which currently runs 24/7. One upgrade I am planning on making is taking the thermostat off the heat mats in my greenhouse and using it to control the fan so that it only runs when temp are above 80deg.
After trying lots of different trays, I have settled on using 3x 10"x20" quadruple thick seedling trays. This gives me some options when it comes to what size pots I can run. Each 10x20 tray can hold 2 of my approx 5 gal square pots, 8x “Super One” 1 gal square pots, or 18x “4inch Square” pots (3.5" x 3.5" x 4" water-dance pots to be exact).
with 600w HID lighting for 6 ft^2, I have 100w per square foot at full power, which is way more than the 35-50w that is considered standard (please correct me if this is not the standard anymore). As a result I feel that I can really stuff the cab and still get decent per plant yields.
For this run I am going with 4x 5gal pots, two each in both of the outer trays, and 8x “SuperOne” 1gal square pots in the center tray.
I popped some beans a friend gave me just after the new year and have been cloning the hell out of them these past few months. So at this point I have all the clones I could ever need, and the mothers have been sent to friends to grow out under the sun all summer, and hopefully be real monsters come the fall. That way I can still take a bunch more cuts if I really like one of the plants.
I this cycle I am running:
4x Slyme Cookies (#2) (Sin City Seeds) in the 5 gal squares.
In the1gal squares I am doing: 2x Platinum Dosidos (Archive), 2x Forbidden Jelly (In House Genetics), 2x Slyme Cookies (#1)(Sin City Seeds), and 2 more Slyme Cookies (#2) (still Sin City Seeds).
And, since I want to make some seeds, inspired by the hemp micro breeding thread, I am going to set four 4" clones on top of the soil of each of the 5gal squares. so this gives me 16 more slots in which I am doing:
1x Colloidal Silver forced male of each plant, (Slyme Cookies (1&2), Platinum Dosidos, and Forbidden Jelly). 2 more of each Slyme Cookies, and 4 more of Platinum Dosidos, and the Forbidden Jelly.
The plan there is to cross each clone both to itself, and to each of the other 3 strains, and hopefully in both directions (so both Platinum Dosidos pollen on Forbidden Jelly pistil, and also Forbidden Jelly pollen on Platinum Dosidos pistil)
My plan is to remove the C.S. forced males from the cab just before they start to shed pollen, and then let them finish in separate spaces, collect the pollen, then hand pollinate the crosses I want to make.
I had/have been vegging all the clones outside under the sun, which I will continue to do until I find homes for all the extras. I also have a Early Miss (Crop King) feminized auto growing outside that was sown on Jan 3 2021 that will be finishing up any day now!
I set the cab up this past Thursday, 4/22/2021, which is day 1 of flower. My light cycle run from 9:00pm-9:00am MST, with the idea being to have it run during the cooler temperatures of night (still important indoors because this is the desert and its HOT during the day) and shift my electricity usage to off peak times, both from a household, and grid-wide perspective.
SORRY EVERYONE FOR THE WALL OF TEXT! I will go back and add some pics from my phone…