DIY: MicroGro Carbon Scrubber Ideas

that could easily be solved by restricting the airflow from one side. There are elegant ways to handle it, like a piece of plastic put 1’ up the ductwork with a axis rod attached so you can turn it to the desired air flow…or the redneck way with some duct tape covering the intake and a knife to punch holes. Dealer’s choice

3 Likes

I’ve seen me stuffing balled up socks inside a duct to reduce the outflow cos a fan speed controller wasn’t available :grin:

2 Likes

Why not filter all of the air in your home? Like a central air cleaner. Then you won’t lose any precious space

1 Like

I saw a video where the grow boss demonstrated that redneck technique you mentioned. I like your idea of the axial rod and plastic creating custom air control. Ill give that a shot.

I will be incorporating a number of measures simultaneously.

will obviously be easier in a length of PVC or regular ducting opposed to a flexible dryer style hose. I’d just drill a small hole where I wanted the baffle, stick a wooden dowel in it, then put a bead of hot or super glue on the cardboard circle and stick it through to attach to the dowel. Would need some resistance to hold it in place so maybe a rubber gasket that’s used on plastic bongs where the bell attaches or hot glue the dowel in place then break it free. Just spitballing the top of my head ideas for it. lol

Yeah, i was thinking of installing a length of 4" PVC in the cabinet as my duct run, and run an insulated line from outside the box to the fan and scrubber.

And i may not try the dual flowering chamber to simplify everything. I suppose I could still achieve the same goal of harvesting every 30 days, provided I start Plant B 30 days behind Plant A.

The only difference would be putting plant B in to the flowering chamber and the 48 hours of darkness period just before flipping. I suppose I could just set up a waiting room, as the plant would still be vegging and wouldn’t need anything to conceal smell nor lighting.

1 Like

It’s a good idea to make sure the socks are fairly clean :grin:

Man as @Mr.Sparkle said buy one
I’ve run diy for years and it sucks and itsnt as cheap as ya think

Look into the can lite paired with a high pressure PC fan(it’s all about the H20 smth smth rating)
You wanna push into the filter and the filter can be mounted like a chimney outside the cab
Or duct to it and put it next to/on top on its side of cab

1 Like

Hey Everyone, I was looking into a water proofing solution to preserve my grow box and some have recommended ‘Flex Seal’. But I have concerns about off gassing as I recall when grow tents were emerging, there was a number of issues with dieing plants due to the voc’s.

What are your thoughts about using Flex Seal?

This is one way. It is more efficient to mount the filter can in the cabinet and duct it outside sealing the duct entry and put the fan and motor and controller outside. This gives a ‘pull’ rather than a ‘push’. Just the probe is inside on mine.

Yes thanks for the standard protocol

My answer was specifically to his situation

(Dripping with sarcasm FYI)