Can't get my scrubbers to work?

So I’ve got a 4x4 and 5x5 and 4x2.5 setup. Respectively the 4x4 runs a 6" AC Infinity fan/scrubber combo. The 5x5 a 8" and the 4x2.5 a 6". Each tent is individually setup and runs to a central line exhausting everything out of the lung room they are all in and outside.

Today I had my girl rip a bowl and blow it into each tent to see if I could smell it on the other side. Sadly in each tent we were able to smell the bowl.

I tried adjusting fan speeeds a bit but doesn’t seem to make a big difference. Any tips guys? At a loss here… Finally ready to go and now I can’t control odor.

2 Likes

Do you have negative pressure anywhere?

I’m thinking central line something something.

1 Like

What size is the central line ? Length , amount of 90’s , etc. ? Were all 3 exhaust fans running during your tests ? All 3 tents running slight negative pressure ie sucking walls in ?

2 Likes

Sounds to me like you have fans fighting each other. An 8” and 2- 6” to a “central” line, you’re not moving the Cubic Ft a minute it should. It’s getting choked when airflow hits the single line. Try running each line separate so you get the proper amount of airflow without fans fighting each other.
You’re trying to do the same concept that we used when I worked in a wood shop with dust collection. The “main” was 24” and was broke down to 6” at the main, then 4” drops to the machines.

9 Likes

Have you tried running the exhaust fan in you tent and the sucking the air from the tent towards the filter

2 Likes

Disconnect exhaust piping from tent . Just want filter , fan & enough hose to exit tent . Run fan fast enough to get neg press & test each tent that way without being attached to each other or central line . Fans are either not pulling a vacuum or your restricted on the exhaust .

6 Likes

What’s the RH in the tent/lung room? How old are the filters?

6 Likes

Filters all brand new. RH in room and tents about 50. Main run is 40ft

I don’t find acinfinity filters to be very good. Grab a good filter and you won’t have a problem. I have a 6" I don’t use because it’s not very good. They are better than nothing, but don’t compare to a 6" can/phat any good filter.

2 Likes

Only had the one fan in one tent on during test. The door to tent was open when I blew the bowl at the filter. When doors shut there is slight negative pressure

1 Like

What would you recommend? I have three tens and need 3 filters so was trying to budget

1 Like

I’ve tried the cheap ones. I regret it every time. Looks like a 6" filter is 150-200. Last time I looked

2 Likes

I’ve got three to ship back via amazon now! :frowning: disaster. What one would you recommend?

1 Like

Start with one and give it a try first, to make sure that is your issue. But I’ve ordered ac infinity, ipower, vivosun. They all seem to be pretty ineffective, but that’s what I have found. When I would buy them at the hydro store they wouldn’t be caught dead with those in stock and i wondered why… I got can lite, phat, and there was another brand that all work really really well I get right about 18months of life from them running 24/7 but do fluctuate the speed depending on stage.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t expect a filter to pull 100% of the odor out of a bowl, but acinfinity is cheap stuff and is great for a hobby grow. Before they came around the most common brands were can and phat filter, both about 2x-3x the price of acinfinity…. You can buy virgin carbon and refill them also.

3 Likes

Not sure if this is workable at all but 40’ of ducting is very long run for a couple small budget fans pulling through filters.

7 Likes

I’ve only ever run phat or can filters. Never had an issue, and if there was any smell, the wife would have DEFINITELY said something as the exhaust is in the laundry room.
The extra money spent is well worth it in my opinion for security, if needed, and peace of mind.

4 Likes

Do they filter out a bong rip though? I’m thinking op’s test might be asking for too much?

I know they’re excellent and cleaning up general garden odor.

1 Like

Even w the 8” on speed 3 I get plenty of air pressure on the exit side of the run. If I turn on all 3 tents and set all fans to 3 it’s a ton of air….

If it can’t handle a bowl rip how would it handle 6 plants in flower? What am I missing

2 Likes