Doc D cannabis seeds

Damn. That’s what I would be running.

2 Likes

Well, I’ve got two packs of the Skycuddler and only one pack of the Royal. I’m usually more inclined to grow things that I have multiple packs of first, just because I never take clones (I’m gonna try to this run, though). That way, if I find something great (I always do haha), I’ll still have a decent amount of seeds left.

7 Likes

Bought some lenses to use with my phone. They don’t negate my shaky hands, but tis not too bad….

Purple Pakistani x Afkansastan/X18

31 Likes

Not to go too far off topic here, but what phone and which lenses? My potato phone camera skills could use an upgrade.

3 Likes

This was the product I bought. Lots of lenses, they’re not all that “great”, but it helps my older iphone take decent pics occasionally.

iPhone Lens Kit, Phone Camera Lens 9 in 1 Zoom Telephoto Lens+198° Fisheye +0.35X Super Wide-Angle + 20X Macro Lens + 0.63X Wide Lens + CPL +Kaleidoscope Lens +Starburst for Samsung Android Smartphone Amazon.com: iPhone Lens Kit, Phone Camera Lens 9 in 1 Zoom Telephoto Lens+198° Fisheye +0.35X Super Wide-Angle + 20X Macro Lens + 0.63X Wide Lens + CPL +Kaleidoscope Lens +Starburst for Samsung Android Smartphone : Cell Phones & Accessories

4 Likes

I bought something like that a while back and it does not work at all. Horrible. Ordinarily, I’d just chalk it up to me being completely unknowledgable about how that stuff works, but I asked my girl to figure it out for me (she’s a big-time techie or whatever you wanna call it) and she couldn’t figure out how to get decent pics with those lenses, either.

4 Likes

About damn time you start taking clones!! :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

I mean, I take clones about every other grow. I just don’t get them to root haha!

6 Likes

:rofl:
I can’t blame them for not wanting to live in LA!

7 Likes

What? LA is the shit. It’s my home. I love it here; so do my plants. I’m just a bad grower.

2 Likes

Couldn’t PAY me to live out there!! But, I’d bet you would say the same thing to rural MO, where I am.

Pull out one of those cloners you have!! My success rate got a hell of a lot better after I bought one.

10 Likes

About a month back I see some talk about Bodhi’s Ethiopian Banana, where can it be found? Has anyone done any reproduction runs of it? I’m aware that it is from Shashamane, which I have, but I was curious about his cut in particular. Mainly being, is it pure or a cross itself?

That Bananastan sounds wonderful, not sure if they’re any left but would love to see a grow/smoke report from someone that already has them.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ve heard that they work pretty good. I’m definitely gonna bust it out next grow and see if I can’t get the Bandaid Hazes to root. Those are the ones I’m most interested in keeping around.

How much time have you spent in LA? What’s your opinion of CA based on? Don’t believe everything you see on the “news,” dude. A city filled with good-looking women and people who don’t judge you? I love it. LA is not just Beverly Hills and the Sunset Strip. Nor is it the homeless wasteland that they talk about incessantly. There’s nine million people here; not all of us are starfuckers haha.

I dunno, sounds alright to me. A little farm somewhere, five or six acres… Yeah, I could get into that.

3 Likes

Unless you’re Republican. Haha I kid✌🏻

4 Likes

interesting place im sure, i lived in norcal for a while and visited socal a bit, stayed mostly in san diego areas but i did visit my good friends childhood home in the middle of suburban la and two things that did seem to fit the stereotypes were the traffic (we had to drive between 2 and 5 am to “beat the rush”) and that my friends fenced in backyard was literally smaller than my bedroom. There was room for like three or four chairs and a bar b q. Same with all 900 neighbors. Pretty cool that you grow your own in the weed epicenter of the world in many ways (CA in general, but socal seems to have as much influence as say humboldt at this point). Shows innovation and creativity. As opposed to out of necessity. Though quality and variety wise those facilities couldnt hold a candle to notill seed runs. Peace homie have a good one.

2 Likes

That’s the trade-off. You maybe live in a smaller place, but who cares? You’re out all the time anyway. Before I settled down with my girl, I only spent any extended amount of time in my apartments when I picked up yet another gorgeous woman, brought her back to my place and fucked her for ten or twelve hours. I never cared about whether or not I had a backyard because I was never home.

I just think it’s funny that someone who’s never even been to LA would say something like,”You couldn’t PAY me to live there!” (love you, @Joker, you’re definitely not the first person to say that haha). That attitude stems from the portrayal of LA by the media. Same way they portray places like Florida (or Missouri), like they’re these places where everybody who lives there is exactly the same. Stereotypical bullshit.

Has it ever occurred to you (not you specifically, just anybody) why the “news” focuses on all of this shit, how horrible LA is supposed to be (it’s not) or how white-trash and right-wing Oklahoma or wherever is, rather than reporting on what really matters, which is that the politicians you vote for, both Republicans and Democrats, are in the process of passing legislation, every day, that benefits their wealthy donors and screws the rest of us? How come Congress agreed so rapidly on billions of dollars for Wall Street when all of the COVID shit started, but took like a year to settle on a measly $1400 payment for the rest of us? That’s the news! But they don’t talk about that. They’d rather you be mad about what some dipshit in Florida or San Diego did, because the people who run the news are the same people who are donating millions of dollars to the DNC and the GOP and who benefit from the tax breaks that the politicians to whom they donate pass.

LA isn’t the problem. It’s glorious here, the same way most of the rest of the world is. Missouri’s awesome, too (I’ve been there). Everybody everywhere is pretty similar to one another. There’s poor people who are struggling to make ends meet in LA (if it wasn’t for my girlfriend, I’d have been homeless for the past five years. Again), same way they are in Alabama or wherever. The news would have you believe otherwise. Turn that shit off. They’re lying to you.

Sorry, @Joker didn’t mean to get off on a rant. But whenever people try to act like CA is some sort of liberal utopia, especially when they’ve never been here, I get irritated. CA is mostly farmland. And farmers are the supposed “backbone of America,” right? Don’t believe everything you see on tv. The NY Times isn’t any different than Fox News.

14 Likes

I jest good sir.
But seriously cloning is easy. Persist in your efforts and you will find a method that suits you. I preferred rock wool and clonex gel for years cause it’s set it and forget it. easy peasy.
Cheers🤙🏽

1 Like

It’s all good brother!! And you are right, I’ve never been to CA.

But my comment wasn’t poking at LA. Just at all big cities. Couldn’t deal with all the people. I look off my deck and see woods that I own. Just a different way of life.

And I get your point. The media puts their spin/slant on everything. It’s all about what can get better ratings.

7 Likes

Humanity has a long unhealthy relationship with “othering”. Mankind seems to have created numerous manners to classify ourselves as somehow different from one another. Could we be a more loving and accepting species if we stopped identifying with these concepts? I sure think so.

The media, well they exist to make impressions which are sponsored by entities that are trying to sell something. It doesn’t seem as if they have any duty to humanity or the natural world. We have to decide for ourselves to accept or reject these ideas that we are presented with.

On that note we have spiraled off topic, and I for one am hoping someone has some beautiful plants from @Doc.D ’s creations running that they want to show off to the group.

7 Likes

Or just come up with our own ideas. I’m always right, about everything, so… haha.

Yeah, sorry. Got a lot of heavy shit going on right now, feeling extra-existential and more than a little pissed. My bad. I’ll post the pics of the Mexican Melons I’m growing in a second. That’ll cheer me up! Haha.

5 Likes