Dolomite lime and calmag?

If I mixed in 1 cup of powdered dolomite lime ( cal/ mag) per cubic ft soil would I still need to use liquid calmag with my RO water?

I usually don’t use lime but had some soil ph issues the last 2 grows and Im sick of playing that game so added the recommended dose right into my soil.

Typically I add 5ml per gal of calmag before adding any nutes but with the lime mixed in im afraid I may over do it.

Issues with calcium uptake. Or magnesium. In last batch of soil. We hat are your room temps and light source?

1 Like

Dank are you growing under lights or outdoors? I use 5-8 ml/gallon every time I water and that’s under led lights. You will have better control of cal/mag adding it to your water then mixing it into the soil.

1 Like

Are you using RO water or tap?

2 Likes

Problem with cal.mag is you end up with too much mag. Gypsum for the win

5 Likes

I use Cal-Mag+ in RO water when I water my plants plants in soil, and I add lime to my soil. Maybe not 1 cup per cubic foot, but in that range.

4 Likes

Oversight :v:t2:

5 Likes

I grow in a 3.5’ x 6’ room in soil with a 600w led. Never mind the incomplete scrog screens.

6 Likes

Depends on your nutrient regiment and what the cal-mag is derived from. Plants uptake different sources differently and my roots organic terp teas always make it so that I gotta add EXTRA cal-mag on top of my dolomite lime I apply liberally and often in my promix hp/hp cc/hp cc40, but I did just start trying prilled dolomite lime from down to Earth so we’ll see if it’s different than their regular dolomite lime

2 Likes

Fox farm ocean forest soil with added perlite and lime

nutes big bloom / tiger blood / cal mag / recharge

3 Likes

Hi folks! Got a question, can dolomite lime be applied as top dressing or only mixed in the soil prior to planting? Thanks.

1 Like

Mixing is definitely best but you can top dress if using the powder but it will take some time to start working.

1 Like

Thanks, I wonder what time frame you mean… would it be worth, or needed ( I did add it to the soil prior to transplanting, so I know there is some in the soil) in week 3 of flowering? Thanks again! :pray: :hugs:

1 Like

Week 3 of flowering dont even bother. I would just increase water ph if the soil ph starts dropping.

1 Like