Sons Of Avery's Organic Grow Journals

Spotted this on sale in a shop today, discounted a just a few £. So thought I’d puck it up and see what I can do with it…

Looking at it out of the box, it’ll basically be useless :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: the pot is aprox 500ml volume which is not great. But the LED is registering at about 150-200ppfd. So I could work for keeping a clone.

I’m thinking of removing the light and using it on a custom made pot.
But this now has me thinking about building a micro cupboard set up.

:v:

5 Likes

Coolies man I like picking up cool little gadget bargains. There was a church op shop sale across from where I was working yesterday. I picked up a spare coffee machine, guitar hero guitar in good condition an extra long pair of trim scissors and a recipe book for mrs herb all for $30! Score!!

3 Likes

Not a bad haul for $30!

I lose all sense of control when I enter a charity shop, or shop filled with random bargains.
I’m a bit of a horder, so I always think things will be useful at some point :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
I like to build and create contraptions too, so I usually do find a use for most of the crap keep.

4 Likes

Great thread man! Really glad I found it. I’m just getting into organic gardening and I’m doing a lot of the same stuff you are. I feel like our gardens/threads are on the same path. You may not always hear from me but I’ll be here, following along! :grin::+1::fire:

Cheers,
Loggershands

4 Likes

Peace be the journey!
I appreciate you stopping by!

I’m still learning (as u expect I always will be) about organics. This style of growing just feels right for me.
And I like how, with the basics, it can be a very simple way to grow. But the more you delve into it, the more there is to learn.

Have you got a journal/grow diary going at the moment? I follow so many I loose track.

Feel free to post it up in here if you do, I’ll check it out.

4 Likes

For sure mate!, I never jived with coco and bottles so I’m glad to be learning a new style :grin:

Yes man! Right now I’m failing my way to success on home made biochar, home made bokashi grain with home made LAB and a worm bin! They are all at different degrees of success but I am having a great time learning. There is also some weed plants in there as well :grin: if you get a chance come check it out - In the basement with Loggershands

3 Likes

Exciting times in Casa del Avery this weekend.
While clearing our a few boxes of crap from kitchen cupboard. I came across a jar that my Fiancé used to use, for keeping her ‘weekly’ smoke in, so she wouldn’t be opening an closing the main jars all the time.
As I picked the jar up, I heard a familiar rattle…
What do you!? 50 seeds and a few stems.

Turns out she picked these out of some bud and forgot to tell me :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :rofl:
From the marking on the jar, I believe these seeds to be Purple Orange CBD x Soul Mate S1s
I’ll have to read back on my notes for these grows to see what exactly they are.

But I wasted no time in doing a germination test.
There were roughly 30 seeds that looked to be mature, and a further 20 that didn’t quite look as ready. So I’m soaking the 20 and if any of them start to pop tails I’ll know that the others should at least be viable.

9 Likes

Did some digging in my notes.
These are unfortunately not
Purple Orange CBD x Soul Mate s1s.
They are in fact my Gasoline Dreams f2s! (Strawberry Diesel x Soul Mate)

I’m so glad I still have these! (potentially, pending germination tests).

4 Likes

Day 49 of Flower.
Quick update on the tent as well while I’m here.

Purple Diesel Daze are starting to fatten up a bit and the lowers are building frost too!

Durban X Zkittles from CSI

10 Likes

Day 54 of :blossom:

Watered in with 4litres tonight, small amount of Quillaja and some nematodes to keep the gnats at bay.

I’ve noticed on two of the branches I pollinated, the leafs are starting to die off. Hasn’t happened on any of the other branches, apart from these two in the middle…
Not long now until chop, so I’ll just leave them, and keep an eye for any sign of decay etc.

Close ups of the PDD

Durban x Zkittles

9 Likes

Day 61 of :blossom:

I’ll likely be chopping these either tomorrow, or perhaps day after…
My brain really wants me to wait until 63 days so its a nice round 9 weeks… But I’ll have much more time to do it tomorrow.

To be fair, they could do with another week. But schedule won’t allow for it.
Full tent.

Purple Diesel Daze

Durban x Zkittles

15 Likes

Chopped everything at day 62 of flower.
These 2 genetics could both have done with another week or so.
But I didn’t fancy having them drying in the house when my landlord does inspection hahaha

This gif quality isn’t great, but it was fun to see the whole grow sped up like this. :blush:
20230917_140420

Thanks to everyone who tagged along on here and chipped in with advice and just good vibes! Appreciate you all!
I’ll have a smoke report for each once they’re all dried and started curing.
At the moment humidity is killing me, it’s 75% outdoors, so keeping it down to 60% in the tent means I have the Dehuy on 24/7. But the lights aren’t on so that makes up for costs on electricity.
Temps are sitting comfortably at around 20-21°c (70f) little high, but I’m not that bothered.

Now I know that this space works, I’ll be looking to get the next run started in about 2 weeks time.

I’ll be compiling a short list of what I want to run next round.

12 Likes

Seeds from the Purple Diesel Daze hit with the Chocolate Diesel f3 pollen (courtesy of @AzSeaindooin420)
Lets call this cross Dairy Milk Diesel.

There were several beans not quite ripe, so I used those for a germ test, and 7 of 7 popped tails after 24hr soak in water and 24hr in damp paper towel.

I’ll have 8 packs of these (x12 seeds in each pack)
For anyone who is interested just claim in comments if youd like some.
I will post international but will have to wait until the end of the month to do so.
I might offer some off these up on the free seeds & clones thread at a later date too.

Couple of pics from the trimming process, I forgot to document it, so here’s the start.

And the end.

21 Likes

Congrats bro! Those magic beans look excellent and the buds they came from look fire! Glad to help with an international cross :wink: Id be happy to split a pack with someone, 6 is usually good to find my keeper lady to enjoy!
@Kasper0909 @420noob @Rhai88 @DefNSmokn

6 Likes

More than happy to send some your way!

Thanks again for getting that pollen to me.

5 Likes

Those definitely sound great!

1 Like

grew the OGKZ auto from HSO and it was 100% pure kush breath stank until the day before i chopped it, then pure old school rotting grapefruit (the popular clone decades ago) the whole time trimming it.
every zkittles cross ive tried seemed to get some uplift in effect from it, its a very interesting breeding tool from what i can tell. the prospect of this durban cross with it seems seriously intoxicating (in a gentle friendly way).

4 Likes

@SonsOfAvery those sound great! @AzSeaindooin420 thanks for the tag!
@NDNCHILD @OhNo555

3 Likes

Nice @SonsOfAvery beautiful buddage

4 Likes

I want in if you got anymore to spare! Hell yeah! thanks for your consideration @SonsOfAvery that is very OG of you. Hope I made the cut. Those look :eyes: like some tight ass nuggets! :wink::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::sunglasses::+1::facepunch::crossed_fingers::peace_symbol:

4 Likes