Dry sift for less than a fiver

Now that took some time. Nice jeep.lol

It has spent as much time taken apart as it has put together , I built a stroker motor out of the inline six and had all kinds of problems , turns out I was greatly underestimating the fuel needs of the built motor.
Stock jeep inline six runs 18 pound injectors at 38psi
I’m running 26 pound injectors at 50psi to get the proper air/fuel ratio. I had 24 pound injectors at 42psi at first and it was still dangerously lean.

4 Likes

That’s looks nice , what are the dimensions ?

It’s 11" high 16" wide 12" deep, the drum is 10"x8" (±.25") there was a few minor teething issues but it’s all good now.

After a bit of time with it I’m wondering when I do i call it done?

From 12 o’clock position going clockwise they’re 1/2 hour intervals.

I’m going to look into cleaning it up further with static if it’s not too tedious a job, i did plan to get the best from it then wash it but if i can get the resin without washing that would be better.

I’ve few oz already hand pressed, i was maybe a quick i don’t have the option of cleaning it up any now.

There’s been lessons learned that’s all part of fun.

18 Likes

Is that performance related?

When I was a bit younger I liked go karts, moto x anything with a tuned two stroke, i put a cr500 engine into a kart chasis just for fun, blistering acceleration is like a drug!

1 Like

@Heritagefarms, thank you for this post. I’ve kept all my trim cuz I’m too fucking cheap to let it go, and I’ve been sweating what to do with it. Of course, I could simply press it, but that bit about putting it in a plastic bag and running hot water over the bag to soften the sift is, I suspect, exactly what I was looking for! d8JBdDJ And it’s easy enough that even a simple mind like mine will be able to manage! Pot leaf hopper

3 Likes

The fresher the material the better it is , I have some old trim from last year I’m going to sift and then maybe try turning to rosin , have to find a good affordable press first though.

@Star_Dog yes it’s been modified a tid bit. All forged internals , stroker build , sized up from a 4litre engine to a 4.9. It’s honestly a bit overkill but it’s makes you smile and laugh when you give it some gas.
350+hp in a jeep Cherokee and it’s all motor.

1 Like

For the lazy man

Cheers all

10 Likes

I have Bubble bags and fing the process very tedious,even tho I got premium hash out of It,I quit doing that mess with water.How can I dry sift with them?What Is the technique without a thumbler?
@Star_Dog @Foreigner

4 Likes

Shake shake shake. That’s about it.

4 Likes

Would ya prefer Them being Frozen?
@Foreigner

1 Like

You could if you want. I didn’t.

More important I think is to figure out when to stop shaking. It’s wise to do a few grades until you end up with trash but I’ve done this a few times and now just do it by eye.

3 Likes

I see,If I keep shaking I Will get eventually plant material.What micron size bag I Better use?
@Foreigner

1 Like

Yes exactly. I used to shake for 2 minutes then collect and save, then do it again, and again.

Eventually your product will get very green if you let it.

I use the 160 bag :+1:

4 Likes

I recently bought some screens and am about to make some dry sift (from both trim and buds, separately), something I’ve never never done other than to collect what’s in the catch bowl on the grinder.

I’ve seen folks talk about both shaking and using a stiff card to gently move the product around on the screen. My concern with carding is the possibility of clogging the screen more quickly than shaking. Both methods must clog the screen eventually, just one more quickly than the other. If you’ve ever used a card, have you found that to be the case?

One more question. No matter what method one uses, the screens must eventually get clogged. The screens I bought are nylon or some similar material. Once they clog, what’s the best method for cleaning them?

Thank you so much!

4 Likes

I’ve never used multiple screens to make dry sift so I don’t know and can’t help you there. If it were me I’d probably just stick to one.

I’ve never had a screen clog on me from making dry sift. I’ve abused them and it’s never happened. It does happen with bubble and the two options are alcohol or the freezer.

Best of luck.

3 Likes

Sorry I phrased that so poorly, the bit about the screens. blush

I bought 4 different size screens to use separately. They’re stretched tight over an aluminum frame.

Cool that the clogging issue I foresaw perhaps isn’t a reality. :+1: For me that clears up the shaking vs carding issue. I’m old and shaky to begin with! :rofl:

Thanks again! G8PxQ8j

5 Likes

Hey man you’re very welcome.

The first I did it it was with a screen in a 12” embroidery hoop taped to a 12” bowl :joy:

Don’t overthink it it’ll turn out just fine. Even if it’s a bit green it’s really not the end of the world :+1:

4 Likes

Going from the research I’ve done on dry sifting, 180 micron is considered coarse, 150 micron medium, 120 fine.

I shook/run it for a bit then gathered it up, you can see it getting darker the longer you work it.

Dry sift is a real treat!

11 Likes