Dry sift for less than a fiver

I didn’t realize dry sift could be so cheap and simple to make.

Basically i put the trim into a bucket.

I put a 150 micron screen over it, i picked the screen up from ebay £4
Nylon Mesh Food Grade Filter Net Micron Fabric Cloth Kitchen Oil Water Colanders | eBay

There’s a 1x1 square it’s enough for 4 uses/shakers and some.

Fix it around the the top of the bucket then shake it over a sheet of plastic.

Scrape it together and bag it.

Enjoy!

65 Likes

Love it! Will have to try on my next grow.

6 Likes

What was the starting and final weight? Nice job!

2 Likes

Hey buddy, I’ve not weighed it yet, it’s not finished with I’ve only got the best of it I’m going to shake again then wash it,
i can weigh the total and what’s left.

Lol yeah It would’ve been easier just to weigh it to begin with but I didn’t give it thought tbh.

6 Likes

Duuude that’s tight, so easy :+1: :peace_symbol:

5 Likes

I’ve had large piles of kief get moldy in airtight jars so I try to let it air dry for a while before I jar it up now. It could have just been me but it’s something to watch for. I’ve been pressing it into little hash pucks with a pollen press for storage now and I really like those. Nice amount you got there, should be plenty to play around with.

11 Likes

Stamp it with a logo like Ricky from Trailer Park Boys :+1:

30 Likes

(You can do it with a bubble bag too)

12 Likes

Ah sooooo, grasshoppa, but no can buy bubblebag for 2$ :sweat_smile: :pray:

:evergreen_tree:

9 Likes

Can’t you add dry ice too and up the yields quite a bit? I feel like I remember seeing videos of guys doing that with bubble bags

4 Likes

Was the trim in the freezer beforehand? This is quite an appealing method thanks for sharing.

Brilliant! (for those of us with bags already purchased)

4 Likes

Hey buddy, no it wasn’t in the freezer, chilled or anything, i was only looking not to waste it i wasn’t aiming for the greatest product or a maximum return.

6 Likes

@deeez99 I recently bought the screens for a Diy pollen tumbler, it wasn’t until I had the screens i realized that I could’ve been dry sifting all along using my bubble bags lol.

I’ve since ordered a pollen tumbler my Diy one was starting to add up.

Fingers crossed.

8 Likes

I love dry sift , get a bunch in the bag twist it tight and run warm water over it , press on it till you feel it stick together then stop , pressing just enough to make it solid but not turn it super dark , it tastes better this way and will turn darker 24hr after your done.
I got good rolling it with a marble rolling pin on a marble slab and making nice flat little bars.
Bubble hash is a waste of time and takes so much of the flavor away.

16 Likes

Hey buddy, i agree 100% with you, dry sift is in a different league to hash imo
I’m kicking myself in the arse for making bubble which I don’t really smoke when I could’ve been dry sifting all along which I adore!

I made it last year I’ve used about 1g I’ve already smoked many times that of dry sift tonight, it’s great lol

So a gentle heat you reckon just enough to keep it together?

Cheers

8 Likes

Be careful with dry ice and freezer bags it tends to make the brittle and fray. Just a heads up something I’ve come across again and again.

6 Likes

Hey buddy, thanks for the heads up, My sort of loose plan is to extract as much dry sift with the machine (no ice being used) then wash it with ice water to finish it off so to speak.

I’ve smoked for years but only this year got into hash/pollen making so I’ve an awful lot to learn yet.

2 Likes

It all depends on the material, one plant I have produces keif that will press together and turn to hash with the slightest touch, trial and error will prevail but when I say heat I mean like warm water not anything intense.
People also have different taste my buddy likes it darker then I do but I think it gets a weird taste when smoked if pressed to hard.
I want to get a nice table top rosin press so I can smoke some fresh dry sift rosin but the good ones are still rather pricey and I’d rather buy more Jeep’s parts :rofl:

7 Likes

My pollen tumbler arrived today it looks ideal, maybe a even bargain when I see the price of others,
£180 -10% £161 delivered

I’ve around a half pound of trim to sort out plus other bits and pieces I’ve started with the shaker.

I’ll need to mess around with different speeds and times but that’s all part of fun in learning, I’m looking forward to weekend.

18 Likes

Your jeep Is supposed to stay in 1 peice…

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣻⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢿⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⣀⡀⠀⠀⢀⣠⠞⠉⢻⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⣿⡇⢀⣀⣉⣁⣀⣀⣀⣉⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣷⣶⣶⣶⣶⣶⣶⠀⣴⠀⠀
⠀⠀⣿⡇⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠐⠶⠶⠶⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣄⡉⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⡄⠸⠟⠉⠁⠀⠀⠈⠙⠻⣶⣶⣶⣶⣶⣾⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⠃⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠁⠀⠀⣠⣾⠿⢿⣷⡄⠀⢈⣭⣭⣭⣭⣭⠁⠀⣴⣿⠿⣿⣷⡀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢿⣿⣄⣠⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣄⣼⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠛⠻⠟⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠛⠿⠟⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀