Early flower trimming how much should I take off

You can try supercropping too. Basically you bend the stem over until it kinda snaps but doesn’t break all the way. Then you can tie it down so the branch grows sideways and takes up less height.

Crappy description but there’s lots of videos on youtube and stuff

2 Likes

Yeah I watched quite a few videos on super cropping I’m pretty confident that I can pull it off I would just be pissed if I snapped off one of my main Cola branches trying to get rid of some height I’m looking on Amazon now for a bigger tent would like to go 4 by 4 by 6 instead of the 2 by 2 by 4 that I have now

2 Likes

It can be tricky for sure. It’s alot easier with some strains vs others. If you do snap one too far you can tape it back up straight and it will usually grow back and live lol

2 Likes

So here is my first attempt at super cropping I think it turned out pretty well it definitely opened up some of the lower bud sites to some more light

I did have one of the branches split just a little bit in the middle when I was bending it over I threw a piece of tape on it I think it’s going to be fine I checked on the plant this morning and everything’s starting to stand backup and it looks healthy thanks for the suggestion guide

3 Likes

I’m not sure about this one it’s been in flower for 2 weeks anybody have any ideas about sex I think it’s a female but I could be wrong

2 Likes

Hard to see from those pics but looks like I might see some hairs

1 Like

Yeah they’re definitely are some hairs just barely poking out of what looks like it could be a pollen Sac but I don’t think they are pollen sacs I’m pretty sure it’s a female I just wanted another opinion I suck ass at taking pictures my hands are shaky I had to have my fiance take those ones LOL

2 Likes

Would be easier to confirm M/F if the pics were of different angles
: )

I’ll try and take some better pictures later I’m at work but I have probably a very stupid question but I’ve done a lot of reading and can’t really get a direct yes or no answer if I take clones off of my female plant are the Clones automatically female or can they possibly be male

That definitely a female

1 Like

Clones will all be the same sex as the parent plant. 100%. They will always be the same sex as the parent plant

1 Like

Thanks for confirming that both ganner I don’t know why it’s so f****** hard to get that simple answer I Googled it like three different ways of wyrding the question and still wasn’t able to find a straight answer I literally just wanted to know if I take clones from a female plant are the Clones female if I take clones from a male plant or the Clones mail but I guess I know for sure now

1 Like

I have three other plan three separate streams that I’m unsure of the Sexes I’ll post them later just to get your guys’s opinion but I’m guessing they’ll show in time

I think the trick is to take clones and put them in 12/12 until they show sex, that way if correctly labelled you can discard the males and their original plant … :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I definitely see hairs in the third pic, but also some things sure look like pollen sacs? It should be very obvious in a couple more days.

When you clone a plant the clones will always be the same sex as the parent.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m definitely going to keep an eye on all of them I’m just a little bit new at this whole identifying sex thing and from what I can tell even experienced Growers sometimes have trouble with it so fingers crossed that a majority my plants are female I started out with nine I’m down to 7 I checked the runts just because they weren’t performing in growing as fast as the other ones and also had some deformities one of them came out of the soil with it she’ll still on and I tried to remove it and ended up ripping part of the top of the plant off so I just got rid of it

2 Likes

okay so I’m just bored nothing to do with this whole covid-19 thing going on I figure I got about 6 weeks until the plants that I have flowering now need to be chopped down so I’m getting ready to order some seeds just so I have them on hand for when it’s time lay down some more seeds I really want to grow some plants with color something vibrant bright purples or something does anybody have any suggestions on strains I just want to order them early because last time I ordered seeds it took almost a month to get them

2 Likes

So I’m using Fox Farms tiger bloom for my flowering plants feeding them every other watering and I also made some homemade Cal Mag after I did a little bit of research about it and watched a couple of YouTube videos I’m just wondering how often I should feed the plants the cow mag or if it is even necessary if I’m not seeing any deficiencies

1 Like

Your CalMag question hinges on you water (I took a quick scan thru the thread but didn’t see a mention - sorry if I missed it)
What is the pH of your water and what is the source?

Cheers
G

Actually my tap water comes out of the faucet at a pH of 6.2 so I don’t do anything to it as far as adjusting pH I just let it sit out in a open watering can for about 24 hours and then add the tiger bloom at about half strength of what is suggestion but now that you mention it I haven’t tested my water after I’ve added the tiger bloom so I should probably do that otherwise there’s no point right I got to know what the plans are getting it at

1 Like