Early flower trimming how much should I take off

6.2 is in the ‘happy zone’ for our uses.
Most municipal water supplies jack it up to high 7s to low 8s to prevent corrosion issues with pipes. You usually do not need CalMag for these sources.
So I’m guessing you are not on municipal water? (based on pH). If so, some Calmag might be in order. You really have to ‘work at it’ to screw up with CalMag so you are on safe ground fooling around with it as you see fit.
If you are on municipal, check for a water report on-line, for your area. That will give a reasonably good breakdown of your source and what they are using (chloramine vs chlorine).

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Thanks man yeah once I tested it and seem that it was 6.2 I decided not to mess with it too much considering that that’s already at a pretty good pH and honestly I’m not sure if I’m on a municipal water or not I’ll have to look into that I just bought like a $20 pH tester off of Amazon and it said it came pre-calibrated so I didn’t mess with it but I do have the calibration Solutions to check and make sure that it is accurate do you think it would be worth calibrating it myself I’ve only used it a handful of times since receiving it and I guess I was just trusting that it is accurate straight out of the box

I like the liquid drop test kits - cheap and good enough for soil growing.
You could also use them to cross check your pH meter too. Not accurate enough to calibrate with but if they are in reasonable agreement you can rest easy.

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Yeah I have two other kinds of test kitsch one is for testing the ph of pools and one is for testing drinking water one has the liquid drops and one is just a strip test but I wanted something with a digital read out where I could actually see a number cause I was looking at the strips second guessing it

Just a few pictures a little over 2 weeks into flower will take some in better light tomorrow started adding in some homemade cal mag with feedings and mixing a little heavier with tiger bloom have been using tiger bloom at a little less than half strength up until now with no noticeable issues

Have also been playing around a little bit trying to grow a little bonsai never done it before just started working on the second bend

Happy growing to all

5 Likes

How did your BAD GIRL finish ?

I have one growing ATM and about to cut clones to S1 seeds and do a 8-10 plant run as well.

Turned out really good not as high of yield as I’d have liked but good none the less