Emeraldgreen first thread

Good, the rain has finally stopped after four days and got snow overnight! Getting my pepper cultivars going for this year. Looking forward to some homemade hot sauces. :fire:

3 Likes

Sounds delicious :drooling_face:. Wish my stomach could handle the hot sauce.

4 Likes

Well @Emeraldgreen if you been smoking all day what’s that mean for dinner or you at the point where it’s cereal for dinner lol?

4 Likes

I’m always good for cereal :joy::joy: no cook time, easy cleanup!! Just started staring into the frig :thinking:

4 Likes

lol right!! then it hits you the milk and the box on top of the fridge!

4 Likes

Otherwise it’s hotdogs and?

4 Likes

Canned chili

4 Likes

I was thinking beans or eggs :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Ooo unless you have tamales then throw some tamales on the microwave and put chili over the top!

4 Likes

Finding good tamales would be great. Might have to search out a Mexican community soon

A restaurant opened up like 2 miles from home. It had like 3-4 different Central American countries cuisine in it. I really wish more people had supported them, delicious authentic cuisine

4 Likes

Yeah, we have a few places out here. They are killer and if we make a trip into the city there’s little ethnic sections with mom and pop grocery stores and you get some great food! The language barrier can be a thing but that’s when you know the food is going to be legit!

4 Likes

Hotdogs make for a cheap omelet if you have the peppers, cheese, onions, mushrooms, hot sauce. But if there is bacon, ham, sausage, pepperoni, goat, rabbit, squirrel, hamburger, venison, chicken, groundhog, alligator, buffalo, donkey, bear, aardvark, or chinchilla… don’t use the hotdogs.
EDIT: My wife made me remove “polecat” from the list. lol

8 Likes

@MoBilly you had groundhog?

4 Likes

Yes Sir. I love me some groundhog.

5 Likes

Is it like raccoon? Greasy? Never honestly knew you could cook up a ground hog.

4 Likes

Like an older coon, you need to boil out the oils to a degree and then bake the critter with trimmings included. Just remember to remover the glands and your golden. The taste resembles a wild rabbit ~

5 Likes

Now I’m going to actually have to make something

5 Likes

Man, now I’m gonna have to try it plus it’s in season damn near all year.

@Emeraldgreen ooo but what’s it gonna be?

4 Likes

@MoBilly lol good on her, most the time it’s not edible anyhow, but nice to look at in the wild!

3 Likes

If you are lucky enough to get a young groundhog don’t boil him. He’d make a good meal just breaded and fried. Seriously don’t waste a young one by boiling it out. Just do four hour water soak and then an overnight soak in butter milk or just milk. The next day it’ll be ready to treat like a frying chicken.
:+1:t5:

5 Likes