EsRgood4u multiple grow journals thread

I hear ya. But if I got the best female I had and hit her with some more papi pollen technically this bx1 a backcross. As it was crossed to one if the original P1 parents of the Buckled cross.

1 Like

So your saying choose the best buckled female then hit her again with more swashbuckler pollen and Iā€™ll end up with bx1? Bx1 = back cross 1??

1 Like

Yup. That would be it.

Edited to say. I read lots of books about this. Kinda fascinates me. I may be of Iā€™m sure @ReikoX could say if Iā€™m correct?

1 Like

Would that not breed out the pure ak qualities giving them more of the swashbuckler genes so to speak? Haha you honestly donā€™t wanna get me to much into pheno hunting and back crossing as Iā€™m likely to create some strange mutant that will destroy the world :laughing:

That is true but you could instead create f2 and look for the best to cross and make f3.

1 Like

Thatā€™s about the gist of it! Typically the BX is done to the female, but no rules saying you cant use the male (hint hint auto breeders):+1::seedling:

Worst case is you would create an inbred monstrosity that is sterile, or worse yet hemp.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll get this seed run out the way then Iā€™ll see about a few more small tents and start experimenting a little. Iā€™ve plenty of solstrips I could make a few 120w lights with so my power usage wouldnā€™t be effected if I shut down the main grow tent for a while. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for your input @ReikoX. My statement is more about my luck than the plants :rofl: itā€™s something I definitely have an interest in and I am willing to learn about it all and I will have a go at it at some point in the future. Iā€™m in the best place when I do for any advice I may need. I like to read and understand about things before attempting it to ensure less chance of failure as failure is not an option for me :nerd_face: when I choose to move forwards Iā€™ll inform OG of my plans and set up a journal.

3 Likes

Thank you for you input @ReikoX

Legend as always

2 Likes

2 x 50w cola cubes built by @anon58740919 added alongside my solstrips. Letā€™s see how they perform.
Ignore the cables as not had time to tidy them up.

Ha ha. My phone doesnā€™t like the blue light.

8 Likes

Itā€™s a lovely colour light in person init bro. Tents looking dapper af there. Some might even say ā€œlitā€ :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I canā€™t see properly after situating them lol. The blue hue they give off is blinding. 600w in total LED power. I was only gonna run the cubes for couple hours a day but Iā€™ll see how they do 12/12 with the solstrip rig for a week or so to see if I can push a little more growth out the girls. Really hoping they increase the trichome production :+1:

3 Likes

Big one is ice (clone) in my small veg cab and under a pair of 28w led bulbs off the shelf ( online lol) ā€¦ also the 55w auto cob and a cola cube ( blue chip- 50w) til i get a new driver for my 2nd solstrips rig.
The small fan on the cube is handy for that wee cupboard btwā€¦
Also have some others in there too but ALL are contenders for The ugly plants thread ā€¦lolšŸ‘Œ
Others :arrow_heading_down:

Well thatā€™s the ugly room, still a little under lit- maybe stick two 40w cfls in with the other lights -canā€™t hurt.!
I will probably get rid of the crap :poop:one at the back left in the 2nd last pic as itā€™s just shite lookingā€¦
Anyway just thought Iā€™d show the cola cube mixed with a 4K clu 048 @55w and two cheapo red blue ir uv 28w led bulbs :arrow_heading_down:

Full spectrum lol.
Gaz

5 Likes

So how many watts draw do they all equal @Gaz29 and how well are they performing?? The reason I showed interest in the blue cola cubes is to increase trichome production. Iā€™m hoping the plants react to it like they do uvb and produce more frost.

2 Likes

161 watts @Esrgood4u bud , thatā€™s the draw from the two cobs and the two led bulbs, i had flipped in anticipation of my 2nd solstrip rig ( x6 strips) arriving,but the postmen/couriers had tossed the package about n the driver isnā€™t working ( it went on for about 20 secs but looking likely to be the driver as tried a different fuse, so itā€™s a temporary solution for now bro ā€¦
Howā€™s your outdoors girl doing ( still alive ? )

If these blue chips arenā€™t growing anymore trichs than normal then maybe a change of diodes to the far red will help .??

I donā€™t know :thinking:yet how theyā€™ll perform ( as only put the cola cube in last night) but I reckon itā€™ll still be a bit short of what is needed, so hopefully when i got new driver i can install it no problem .!? Lol.

Anyway howā€™s your progress with your cubes mate . Noticed any difference ā€¦??
Gaz

2 Likes

Outdoors is still kicking and doing her thing. Still not sheeted her over though and frost on the way for end off week mate. Iā€™ll ā€œhopefullyā€ get around to it before it hits us.
I only got around to fitting cubes last night mate so no idea just yet :+1:

3 Likes

Did you take those pics with a Potato :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Camera on phone doesnā€™t like the blue light but the lens has got crap on it. Need a new phone

1 Like

Can you not just replace the lens?

1 Like

Full back glass is smashed also mate. Gonna buy one them homtom s99 Chinese phones. Only Ā£130 and the spec is mega

2 Likes