EsRgood4u multiple grow journals thread

The twisted plant looks like a possible virus?..Might be wrong, but I had a seedling do that, and someone {HD from Hennepdesk} said it was a virus.

What is alarming, Tobacco Mosaic Virus can be in seeds.

Recently heard {as of ten days ago in UK} of '‘Hop Latent Viroid’'affecting cannabis- have never heard of this before, so googled, and it’s spreading fast in USA…Google says a mother plant with Hop latent Viroid has an 8% chance of infecting seed.

I bought Spanish bred seeds before with what looked like Tobacco mosaic virus- Straight out of the gate they were showing ragged leaves and mottling.

Someone more experienced might be able to say what it is, though.

The hop latent viroid- not sure if it’s in UK yet.

2 Likes

Plant HPV is the biggest horseshit going right now. These jackass’s selling 250.00 300.00 clones that they say are tested. They are the ones spreading this virus bullshit. Scare homegrower’s into not sharing cuts freely is the virus. Its BULLSHIT!!!

3 Likes

I’ve had tmv in the past buddy. This is just the plants genetics. Some plants just do this for no reason. I’d normally just kill it off but the being RKS I’m willing to see if it grows out of it. I promised @SonsOfAvery some pollen if one turns out male so the plant number counts this grow. What will be will be. Appreciate your input 100% though thanks.

2 Likes

What tmv actually looks like. Yeah it was one of my plants :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Truth is some plants just die. You don’t need a test to tell you that. These horseshit fuckers are working on selling tests to home growers now. All about Coin. :heavy_dollar_sign: :heavy_dollar_sign: :heavy_dollar_sign:

3 Likes

Yeah with all these different products for testing and stupid prices the charge for some nutrients it’s gonna end up cheaper just buying weed instead of growing it buddy. What happened to just banging a seed into some compost and just watering the fucker eh?? :rofl:

5 Likes

They have scared homegrower’s into not sharing cuts freely. Now they are working on spreading these lies that if you don’t pay 300 a clone or 500 for 3 snips. All your plants are going to die by osmosis. Now they are moving into selling the tests. Such horseshit.

2 Likes

Yes----Mine looked like that but I killed it at a young stage.
So say it can be ‘born’ infected {TMV} or if one smokes tobacco {I used to} it can transfer from tobacco hands to plants.

What is a relief, It’s reported that TMV is not transmitted though insects .

1 Like

When I began, it was Levington’s compost, Miracle Gro blue crystals for veg, Tomorite for flower - and that was all.
Wouldn’t say yields were that bad, and it was very simple. Didn’t even Ph the water back then - but did have issues with magnesium deficiency occasionally in summer {indoors}

1 Like

Yeah I’ve read that seeds can be infected also.

Doing good atm buddy, had an argument with my trailer tongue and beat up my left calf muscle falling backwards over the tongue. Then that same afternoon put my ride on lawnmower in the ditch, spinning the tires on wet grass on a steep bank. Tried to pull it out and my foot slipped on the wet grass and went under the mower, and sliced and bashed up my right shin. My shin looked like it just survived a shark attack lmao.

My hands are hurting a lot in the mornings carpal tunnel is coming back doing my house renovation which is going well atm. Overall I am feeling pretty good though, I put in 2 new windows and new siding up, 2 more windows to go in what will be a bathroom. We have a week of rain starting tomorrow, so for the rest of the week while it’s raining I am insulating and doing a bit of electrical work, and then put up some drywall. I need to get the bedroom done before September when my daughter and her bf come to visit. I was hoping to get the bathroom built as well but had a hold up on the shower and I don’t want to risk framing it up without the base for reference. Hoping it’s going to arrive soon, got to go pick up the tiles on Thursday.

I put 6 of those Mephisto blood orange into soak Sunday night, I should check them actually to see what’s occurring lol. My 2 purple kush autos have hit 20 to 24 inches and are just starting to bud up, they are starting to get a nice skanky smell you can wiff from 6ft away now :grinning:

6 Likes

Fuck sake your as accident prone as i am :rofl:
Hey were both still breathing so that’s at least something.
I love purple kush. It’s one of the best pain killing strains I’ve grown. By the sounds of your accidents your gonna need it :rofl:
You know I’ve never grown any mephisto gear out until recent and that’s an cross. LRUV x Mango Smile.
No one ever seems to have any mephisto seeds in stock. I’ve just received a 3 pack of fastbuds strawberry banana I’m excited to grow. Think I’ll do them indoors not out though so it’ll be a while before they get wet.

5 Likes

Yeah the wife has a break down every time I mention going up a ladder lol.

Not sure if you have seen vynil siding, but I am pulling some 50+ years old stuff off, to get the old window frames out, it’s gone very brittle and where the bottom of one strip hooks under the top of the lower strip, it’s so fucking tight you can’t get the separation tool in behind it unlike the modern stuff. So I have to get a glass bar in there and beat it downward with my hand on top of the curve of the glass bar, when the vynil let’s go, my hand smacks into the top edge of the siding ripping my hands up. It’s too frigging hot to wear gloves. I am going to have a death of a thousand cuts before I get this done lol.

I really treat my poor body badly really, surprised I haven’t got an infection from all the 50 years of crud that’s built up underneath the siding.

6 Likes

I’ve seen it before yes but not tried removing it.
I have removed 100 year old slates from roofs though and it’s unbelievable the amount of crud you find. It’s even worse if it has an hessian based bituminous felt installed. I used to carry spare face covering in my pockets for this reason.
I’ve also done a lot of internal chimney work :roll_eyes:
I’d look like Al Jolson when I eventually emerged :rofl:
The thing with soot is when it’s on your skin and water/sweat hits it it burns like ammonia and if it gets in your eyes its a painful experience.

3 Likes

Yeah thats the sulphur in it, same as with old bitumen dust that reacts with sunlight and burns your skin and eyes, nasty fucking stuff that is. Mixed with sweat or water and it becomes sulphuric acid :worried:

3 Likes

Not the acid I’d normally enjoy then eh?? :joy:
It’s certainly nasty. Best way to get it off you is a cold shower without rubbing. Just let the running cold water take it off.

1 Like

Got the RKS into their final pots. 1 week veg for the roots to set in and I’ll flip the lights.

7 Likes

Stripped the hell out of the runtz yesterday. Didn’t freak out at all. I’ll pull some more in a few days. :v:

14 Likes

Those look awesome.

1 Like

They are growing excellent buddy. I’ll stip all the lowers fully in the next few days.
Having issues with the megacrop blocking the lines again so I’ve got some ionic coco bloom on its way. I’ll run this rez right down then refil and just use that from now on. I love the growth from megacrop but I’m cleaning the lines every day now and it’s starting to piss me off. :v:

5 Likes