Fav training technique

really no sense to backbuilding is just cutting off the top foxtail - if you want fatter buds “break” the stems at righ angles + use Massive Bloom (GreenPlanet) Guess LST is my method at least when I start sometimes genetics cause a change in Growing Methods

1 Like

One oldtimer told me that during flowering any leaves that get less than 300 PAR should be plucked, as they don´t contribute, he quoted a science source I guess, but it slipped my mind… Anyone come across this? Like is there actual science behinfd lollipopping…?

1 Like

I clip all leaves I feel are below canopy and I don’t worry too much about humidity :+1:

3 Likes

Do you have a link for this tek?

1 Like

Leaving a few of those bottom leaves makes sense to me, as those will be sacrificed by the plant first,if there is any issues. Right?

4 Likes

I do this sometimes if I see a plant foxtailing. I just cut the foxtail off and adjust the lights wattage. It seems to slow down vertical growth and sends the energy sideways plumping/fattening up the buds.

I listened to podcasts by kiss organics the guest was Dr Jennifer? from Atco iirc, Jfc idk who Atco is but it’s growing related.

She said basically the same thing, anything receiving less than x amount micromoles were only adding humidity.

2 Likes

I would love to find that podcast…

1 Like

Hey buddy, here’s the link.
https://cannabis-cultivation-and-science-podcast.simplecast.com/episodes
Episode 43

3 Likes

For big colas and keeping the plant short i like to top early and what others here are doing by letting it grow and tying the larger branches down to the rim.
You can also research ethylene production from shaking plants or pinching them.

It also makes the source of the pinch very brittle so do it once your verticle supports n branches are done.

I’ve just been doing multi-topping and using 3d printed training clips that are 90 degrees I bought.

I’m going to read through this thread and step my game up.

Oh wow, thanks a million! :pray: :full_moon_with_face:

1 Like